August 27, 2021 Ironton 13 - 10 Jackson (Game of the Year)

Ironmen98
All State

Re: Week 2… Jackson @ Ironton

Post by Ironmen98 »

VC94 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:30 pm Ill say it now and many times over, Jackson will win the league games and games they’ve “supposed “ to win. When they face the Tri Valley’s or Ironton’s they poop down their leg. With their facilities and recruiting they should dominate southeastern ohio. But they don’t. Ironton by 3 scores
Man sound dumb and bitter. But the VC in your name shows your intelligence and lack of any football knowledge.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Vik wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:57 pm OVC over the FAC in this one. Ironton owns this series and this won’t be any different.

Running clock by late 3rd quarter
I love when you pick against and trash the ironmen. Running clock? Tell Gallia to schedule Jackson big boy

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:51 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:24 pm
Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:48 pm Ironton by 2 scores. Jackson wins when they’re supposed to and sometimes get upset, but in this case they’re the underdog therefore history tells you they won’t win. Ironton is to physical
Vinton rarely wins . So there is that.
Fair, and thats your opinion. Just like I have my opinion about Jackson. Best facilities around, best community support, some of the best athletes along with some of the best surrounding athletes transferring in and still can’t win the big game when it matters. Just like getting upset in the playoffs last year but when do they ever go in as an underdog and upset someone. I was simply saying they go to tank stadium as an underdog and history says they will lose. Most likely get out coached
Another VC poster trashing Jackson. Vc has no clue what it takes to go into Tank Stadium and compete the way Jackson did last night.

VC posters making fun of Jackson is like Mississippi State making fun of Ohio State for losing to Alabama.

surfsider
All State

Re: August 27, 2021 Ironton 13 - 10 Jackson (Game of the Year)

Post by surfsider »

Think i've watched replay of that final kickoff 10 times and I don't have a dog in the fight. What an exciting finish and you can tell the surprise and delight of the announcers when they made the call.

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Why does Jackson always bring up gallia. Your recent meltdown reminds me of the 2002 game against Gallia. Must not have learned anything from your mistakes....lol ..

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

superblue wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:33 am Why does Jackson always bring up gallia. Your recent meltdown reminds me of the 2002 game against Gallia. Must not have learned anything from your mistakes....lol ..
That was response to a gallia poster always taking shots at Jackson. Nothing against the gallia program or their fan base

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Just watched the game again still a fantastic finish.
Ironton is a different team with their QB out hopefully he gets healthy and comes back strong.
Nothing against the young man filling in but experience does make a difference at QB.
The passing game for Ironton is non-existent right now.
Kudos to Jackson I thought Ironton would win but not in this faction figured it would be a close low scoring game with both teams relying on the run game.
The penalties need cleaned up though was Ironton over looking Jackson maybe if they was they got smacked in the face with reality Jackson is for real and will only get better.
They are strong on the lines and quick Good Luck Ironmen on your season

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Ok, my bad... Gallia should not be taking shots at anyone. We are not very good but our weak schedule makes us look better than we really are.. would like to see us renew our rivalry with Jackson and Logan.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Yes, we should play Jackson and Logan.
Jackson rivalry better than Meigs. We owe it to them for leaving the SEOAL.
Logan game better than Athens. We don't owe them anything, they run and started the end of the SEOAL.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman61 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:30 am Hats off to the Tigers.What a game even if it wasn’t the result we wanted. Any time your team can go to the tank and match up or out physical Ironton is saying something. Wish we would have just kicked it out and trusted our D but hindsight is 20/20. Definitely need to work on our kick off coverage it’s been an issue and future teams are going to try to exploit it. I see quite a bit of Arizona pursuit drills in our boys future. Keep your heads up we still got a title to win and hopefully make a run in the playoffs.

Arizona Pursuit !!!

Days of the Southern Storm !!!

Our D played that way and hope they continue to do so!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

I just watched Sportscenter. ESPN had the kickoff return by Perkins as the number one play of the day.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I thought Ironton would dominate but it was a great game. Jackson’s stud back gave all he has the second half. Very impressive! He’s a work horse and if I wasn’t such a rabid Ironton fan I’d say he got kinda cheated.

Both team’s safety’s were impressive. No one got that break away run game

A closing note. Jackson’s away uniforms are beautiful. I think they’re the best looking I've ever seen. This was a big deal victory for the Tigers! How many of our fans had left the stadium and didn’t see that awesome final play? Bet they’re kicking themselves today. I still remember all who’d cleared out of Putnam Stadium in that HUGE comeback game
By the Tigers

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Jackson is a good physical football team, hats off to them. Ironton executed the kickoff return perfectly to get the win, hats off to them. It was a great game to watch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: August w27, 2021 Ironton 13 - 10 Jackson (Game of the Year)

Post by Ironman92 »

Just basically got home from the game lol

It was a classic before the final kick return.

Ironton is nearly perfect on defense and some big time athletes throughout. I’m not convinced they are a state final team but I’d guess they’ll be right there when it’s all said and done. Will likely need some passing success in there. I wish them the best. Good hosts and just a great high school venue. A+ atmosphere.

Jackson….man that hurt. I growled all the way home. But man, what an all-around effort. Defense was pin point! Coaching staff left no stone unturned on defense and the players were basically perfect in reading and executing. Special shout out to Drew Bragg…..best game I’ve seen him play defensively….but don’t think that every piece used didn’t deserve many 👏👏👏👏. So proud of each and every one. Offensively they did enough against the tough defense. Cleaned up the fumbles but fumbles did hurt, but man what aggression in the trenches and running the ball. Mr. Winters was impressive earning those nearly 120 2nd half yards. Wolford great TD run.

The trenches 👏👏👏👏. Stepped up and earned much respect. So many kids were a big part. I noticed sr Shawn Woodyard in there and playing a role and doing a good job. The trenches did their jobs all game and gave the others a chance to do what they do!

Ethan Crabtree 👏👏👏👏…..saved the early TD and that wasn’t easy. Perfect kick to take the incredibly late lead. More of these will come. Be proud.

Next 3 weeks are tough tough tough…..we need 3 wins, don’t let this highlight loss define you this season.

thecaptain
Waterboy

Post by thecaptain »

Clip of the run back on SC Top 10 from this morning:

Love the anchors hyping up the play for knocking the #2 play out of the top spot, what a win for the Fighting Tigers!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I was hoping they got rid of all the magic down at ironton when they put the turf down. Just shows that when your down there you never know what is going to happen.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:44 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:24 pm

Vinton rarely wins . So there is that.
Fair, and thats your opinion. Just like I have my opinion about Jackson. Best facilities around, best community support, some of the best athletes along with some of the best surrounding athletes transferring in and still can’t win the big game when it matters. Just like getting upset in the playoffs last year but when do they ever go in as an underdog and upset someone. I was simply saying they go to tank stadium as an underdog and history says they will lose. Most likely get out coached
Another VC poster trashing Jackson. Vc has no clue what it takes to go into Tank Stadium and compete the way Jackson did last night.

VC posters making fun of Jackson is like Mississippi State making fun of Ohio State for losing to Alabama.
Ehhh Jackson is more like Notre Dame in this case

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

LeftHanded wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:23 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:44 am

Ehhh Jackson is more like Notre Dame in this case
How so ?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:40 am
Vik wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:57 pm OVC over the FAC in this one. Ironton owns this series and this won’t be any different.

Running clock by late 3rd quarter
I love when you pick against and trash the ironmen. Running clock? Tell Gallia to schedule Jackson big boy
Tell Andy to come down 35 and play on the road. That's why Jackson won't play GA. Coach Hall said the visiting locker rooms at Memorial Field were atrocious (they were. May still be.) and said that as long as he coached at Jackson, they'd never again play at Memorial Field.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:47 am Yes, we should play Jackson and Logan.
Jackson rivalry better than Meigs. We owe it to them for leaving the SEOAL.
Logan game better than Athens. We don't owe them anything, they run and started the end of the SEOAL.
This. If Gallia stays in the OVC (which they shouldn't) they need to play Point Pleasant, Jackson, and Logan every year

Return to “Football”