Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 3 Fairland @ Ironton

Post by Lavon Helm »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:47 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:36 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:16 pm

Agreed , Jackson should won 10-0
Neither team looked good. Every point in that game was due to the other team making mistakes. Turnovers by both teams lead to the first TD for both. On the FG drive Ironton had a dumb face mask when they had Jackson way behind the chains. Let’s not act like either team outplayed the other. Ironton had so many false starts it was embarrassing. Honestly, without the hard hitting defenses and the return for the win, it was a tough watch.
That was high level defensive war. The physicality was off the charts for high school kids. Guess we’ll see what others do against ironton. Shouldn’t be hard since they’re not that good
Yeah, I know all the Moeller level competition Jackson plays week in and week out.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:53 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:36 pm

Neither team looked good. Every point in that game was due to the other team making mistakes. Turnovers by both teams lead to the first TD for both. On the FG drive Ironton had a dumb face mask when they had Jackson way behind the chains. Let’s not act like either team outplayed the other. Ironton had so many false starts it was embarrassing. Honestly, without the hard hitting defenses and the return for the win, it was a tough watch.
That was high level defensive war. The physicality was off the charts for high school kids. Guess we’ll see what others do against ironton. Shouldn’t be hard since they’re not that good
Yeah, I know all the Moeller level competition Jackson plays week in and week out.
No one is southern Ohio is even close to Moeller . Maybe the dumbest post ever. Good defenses can make offense look bad. Fairland has a good offense , they should be able to move the ball
easily and have no trouble standing up to irontons line and backs .

Be a fun game

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:58 pm

No one is southern Ohio is even close to Moeller . Maybe the dumbest post ever. Good defenses can make offense look bad. Fairland has a good offense , they should be able to move the ball

Be a fun game
You said other teams Ironton play are “not that good”. I didn’t say that. You did. They will likely get dominated by Moeller. I don’t know if Fairland is good or not. I think Ironton has a multitude of things to clean up. You do realize that by implying Ironton isn’t that good it takes away credibility of what Jackson did? I think they played amazing defense. Jackson is a tough team that lost a hard fought game in a heartbreaking way. I’m not sure why it can’t just end at that. I just don’t get why Jackson fans would want to diminish how they performed by saying how they think Ironton isn’t that good.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:05 pm

Be a fun game
You said other teams Ironton play are “not that good”. I didn’t say that. You did. They will likely get dominated by Moeller. I don’t know if Fairland is good or not. I think Ironton has a multitude of things to clean up. You do realize that by implying Ironton isn’t that good it takes away credibility of what Jackson did? I think they played amazing defense. Jackson is a tough team that lost a hard fought game in a heartbreaking way. I’m not sure why it can’t just end at that. I just don’t get why Jackson fans would want to diminish how they performed by saying how they think Ironton isn’t that good.
Misunderstanding , all good

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Be a fun game

Ironton was good enough to beat Jackson and is definitely good enough to destroy Fairland.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:08 pm

Be a fun game
No worries. On another note, is Winters ok? That kid is a load.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:16 pm

Haven’t heard , I hope so. A lot of Jackson kids black and blue today.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:17 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:16 pm

Haven’t heard , I hope so. A lot of Jackson kids black and blue today.
Plenty of that on both sides.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironman , you said Ironton isn't that good and Fairland has a good offense , they should be able to move the ball
easily and have no trouble standing up to irontons line and backs.

First, Ironton was good enough to beat Jackson. The kickoff return wasn't luck, they executed it perfectly for the winning score. Bad teams don't execute plays like that in the clutch.

Second, Fairland able to move the ball easily and having no trouble standing up to Ironton's line and backs is one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this board.

Just sayin'.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

frankie wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:52 pm Ironman , you said Ironton isn't that good and Fairland has a good offense , they should be able to move the ball
easily and have no trouble standing up to irontons line and backs.

First, Ironton was good enough to beat Jackson. The kickoff return wasn't luck, they executed it perfectly for the winning score. Bad teams don't execute plays like that in the clutch.

Second, Fairland able to move the ball easily and having no trouble standing up to Ironton's line and backs is one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this board.

Just sayin'.
Not what we meant , we had each other’s comments and meanings confused. Ironton is real good, real real good. I’m
Curious to see what other teams do with ironton going forward

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:39 pm
kantucky wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:00 pm Ironton, running clock. Love hearing one poster say they will be passing a lot against us. Ironton needs the experience
No poster said that. Besides you needed a miracle to beat Jackson at home.
Yeah, I did hear a poster say that. Don't recall who or where but it did happen.

A miracle? it was pretty spectacular ;)

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

" Fairland has a good offense , they should be able to move the ball
easily and have no trouble standing up to irontons line and backs."

That doesn't look confused, that is a statement you believe or you wouldn't have posted it. Believe me, this game won't go as you think. :D

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

frankie wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:58 pm " Fairland has a good offense , they should be able to move the ball
easily and have no trouble standing up to irontons line and backs."

That doesn't look confused, that is a statement you believe or you wouldn't have posted it. Believe me, this game won't go as you think. :D
👍 good luck sir

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Surely, people aren't thinking Fairland is going to run that ball right down Ironton's gut all night long?

As far as Jackson? they'll not lose another game the regular season

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

kantucky, apparently they do. That's what was posted. Lol. But then they didn't mean it, they were confused. :lol:

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

frankie wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:13 pm kantucky, apparently they do. That's what was posted. Lol. But then they didn't mean it, they were confused. :lol:
😂👍

Whiplash
Waterboy

Post by Whiplash »

Very curious about Fairland. Heard good things. But I haven’t seen them play.
But that 28-27 score against West looks worrisome about now. West got smacked in the mouth Sat, by Portsmouth. I did see that one.
Saw a lot of posts after week 1 that stated Fairland and West are evenly matched. If that’s true, it could be a long night.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Fairland is 1-5 all time against Ironton.

ITigers
Waterboy

Post by ITigers »

Hey breath, not sure where you think it’s cool to single out a child like you just did but it definitely is not. You should be ashamed of yourself to attempt to humiliate a high school kid. If this isn’t grounds for discipline on this site then nothing is. How does this even come
Close to relating to the upcoming game?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Fairland barley got out of portsmouth coliseum with a 1 point win against portsmouth west, the portsmouth beats west 34 to 7 ......I was at the Ironton game and the west vs Fairland game.....Fairland will have their hands full with Keyes look for him to have a huge game against Fairland, I agree with a running clock but hey I been wrong before.....go ovc

Return to “Football”