MNF Lewis County (KY) @ Notre Dame updates

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: MNF Lewis County (KY) @ Notre Dame updates

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I will have pics and a game report after I get home from work and the gym much later tonight.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

By far one of the ugliest football games I have ever watched.

The game officials didn't have a clue for the most part. It in no way played a part in the outcome, but it took 1:40 to play a half. It was truly a mess. Just poor game administration. I really hope those guys don't have a close ball game.

ND is solid and they are going to win 7-8 games. They have talent and some size. I don't think they beat Symmes Valley or maybe Northwest, but they will win the just about everything else.

Lewis County had some ability. The quarterback throws a nice ball and they have a couple of good athletes. That said, I have never seen a less organized team in my life. 5-6 delay of game penalties and it would have been 5-6 more had their been a play clock. They ran (by my count) six different special teams plays with either 9 or 10 guys on the field. Constantly late getting the play call. Never getting to the line in time. Just a mess.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Agreed, that first half was a train wreck , and the second only slightly better . Rookie HC at LC .. well .. hmm.. nuff said.

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Is Lewis county pretty good at football? I don’t want to say notre same is great or bad because I don’t know anything about Lewis county. But a win is a win. Numbers seem to be up at notre dame so that’s a great sign for the future.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Maybe a little too harsh on the officials. They knew because of covid problems, Lewis County had very few practices and I think they were giving them a break. The first half did take a long time - Notre Dame scored quickly and Lewis County put the ball up in the air a lot - combined it made for a long half. Notre Dame was obviously much more prepared but Lewis County probably did the best they could under the circumstances. One of the more miserable nites - heat & humidity - that I have spent at a game.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Buckeye1972 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:23 am Maybe a little too harsh on the officials. They knew because of covid problems, Lewis County had very few practices and I think they were giving them a break. The first half did take a long time - Notre Dame scored quickly and Lewis County put the ball up in the air a lot - combined it made for a long half. Notre Dame was obviously much more prepared but Lewis County probably did the best they could under the circumstances. One of the more miserable nites - heat & humidity - that I have spent at a game.
Not the least bit too harsh on the officials. I am glad they gave LC the extra time. That crew had no idea when a fellow member of the crew threw a flag. Zero communication.

LC got a late hit on a kickoff that went out of bounds because no one blew a whistle. There were 7-8 plays where a whistle was never blown. They had zero clue how to administer several situations.

Yes, the quick scores and passing slowed things down. But the crew not having a clue was more of the cause.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Isn't Lewis County Head Coach from Scioto County?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

^^ played at East ( i think ??) , had several siblings that graduated from ND .

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

It looked more like a scrimmage game.
ND had way more talent. Not much coaching was going on with either team. I wouldn’t call it a quality win. I don’t think Lewis county will win a game.
A short week may have ND running on fumes next week.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:02 am Is Lewis county pretty good at football? I don’t want to say notre same is great or bad because I don’t know anything about Lewis county. But a win is a win. Numbers seem to be up at notre dame so that’s a great sign for the future.
Lewis County has struggled basically every year I have covered or even gone to games in Kentucky. I have been told several times kids are not interested in football in that area. I believe their Freshmen class has had really good success at the lower levels.

Return to “Football”