Ironton v Burg 2020

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Ironton v Burg 2020

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:59 pm In today’s day and age kids/families go where they think will get little Johnny the best recognition. Loyalty isn’t really a thing anymore.

It can’t be ok for Lowery to come to Burg for “a better opportunity” and win a state title if it’s not OK for a player to transfer to Ironton to be state runner-up. I’ll never understand how you guys don’t see that.

A kid from Valley literally just drove right by Burg to get a house in Ironton and play for the Tigers…….. that says just as much about Burg right now as it does Ironton.

Yeah, we see it here in Burg that kids have came in but it’s always been 1-2 kids not 5,6 or 7. That’s a huge difference. Plus it’s few and far between. Ironton has averaged 5-6 new players each year under the new coaching staff. Just seems a little fishy.

Let me ask you this, does Burg win the state without Lowery? I think they do. Does Ironton go to back to back state championship game’s without those 5-6 players? I think no way.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:06 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:59 pm In today’s day and age kids/families go where they think will get little Johnny the best recognition. Loyalty isn’t really a thing anymore.

It can’t be ok for Lowery to come to Burg for “a better opportunity” and win a state title if it’s not OK for a player to transfer to Ironton to be state runner-up. I’ll never understand how you guys don’t see that.

A kid from Valley literally just drove right by Burg to get a house in Ironton and play for the Tigers…….. that says just as much about Burg right now as it does Ironton.

Yeah, we see it here in Burg that kids have came in but it’s always been 1-2 kids not 5,6 or 7. That’s a huge difference.

Let me ask you this, does Burg win the state without Lowery? I think they do. Does Ironton go to back to back state championship game’s without those 5-6 players? I think no way.
So now we use hypotheticals to drive our narratives…. Got it.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Sure do buddy!! Ironton right now cannot win with what they have in house so they have to bring in talent. Is it legal? Only time will tell!!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

40-6 beatings like this will attract even more talent to I Town

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

That 06-07 Burg run also featured Jenkins from Portsmouth West. The reality is Burg is no longer the top dog in Southern Ohio football and it kills their soul.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:12 am 40-6 beatings like this will attract even more talent to I Town

That’s what it takes for them to compete these days.

In the big picture it really doesn’t matter because no one is touching Kirtland again. That’s JMO!!!

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Any injury update on #4 josh Clark for Burg? I think he was the one that left in a ambulance

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:18 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:12 am 40-6 beatings like this will attract even more talent to I Town

In the big picture it really doesn’t matter because no one is touching Kirtland again. That’s JMO!!!
Wheelersburg softball is loaded with recruits and they can’t win it all

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:16 am That 06-07 Burg run also featured Jenkins from Portsmouth West. The reality is Burg is no longer the top dog in Southern Ohio football and it kills their soul.

Nah!! Burg fan knows that cream will rise back to the top sooner than later.

Burg will be back!! Just sit back and watch

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:23 am
SWJeeps22 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:16 am That 06-07 Burg run also featured Jenkins from Portsmouth West. The reality is Burg is no longer the top dog in Southern Ohio football and it kills their soul.

As long as Pendleton is at Ironton, I disagree.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:22 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:18 am

Wheelersburg softball is loaded with recruits and they can’t win it all

Who would those recruits be? I don’t follow Burg much in softball. I’m guessing when you say recruits Burg has 5-6 girls from other schools that are starting for them the way Ironton does in football?
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SWJeeps22 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:24 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:23 am

As long as Pendleton is at Ironton, I disagree.

We’ll see!!!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

So in sumation Ironton is not only beating Burg on the field but they are a more atrractive destination for any potential incomimg talent and they are also doing a better job of developing the talent they do get?

That sounds like Burgs program is simply getting passed by Irontons program.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

This stuff goes in waves ironton will be on top a few years then it will be back to burg no teams stay on top forever even valley had a 4 year run

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:29 am So in sumation Ironton is not only beating Burg on the field but they are a more atrractive destination for any potential incomimg talent and they are also doing a better job of developing the talent they do get?

Nah, most of the talent they are bringing in are Seniors who have been developed by another coach, probably since Junior High and then for there last year of HS they just up and decide to leave there coach, school and friends to go play at Ironton. Doesn’t that seem odd to you??

These days, if you are good college coaches will notice you. Way to much video out there on a stud player.

Hhhhmmmmmm!! Very interesting!!!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:37 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:29 am So in sumation Ironton is not only beating Burg on the field but they are a more atrractive destination for any potential incomimg talent and they are also doing a better job of developing the talent they do get?

Nah, most of the talent they are bringing in are Seniors who have been developed by another coach, probably since Junior High and then for there last year of HS they just up and decide to leave there coach, school and friends to go play at Ironton. Doesn’t that seem odd to you??

These days, if you are good college coaches will notice you. Way to much video out there on a stud player.

Hhhhmmmmmm!! Very interesting!!!

Tanner Wilson and Jake Gregg left their schools senior year to come to wheelersburg.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

Burg is not going to be bringing in coaches from every Power 5 conference in the country to check out their athletes anytime soon. This is the biggest draw at Ironton. Every parent thinks their kid is a D1 stud.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

the whole thing with transfers cracks me up. You have one life to play high school football and some kids choose to go somewhere else to where they feel they will enjoy it and build life long memories from. yet we have grown people who are upset at their decision who’d thunk it

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

I haven’t posted in a long time but man some of you guys need to grow up lol it’s a game played by teenagers and y’all are acting like it’s the last thing on earth you’ll ever watch. Open enrollment will and has always caused these disagreements. If a kid decides to leave and go somewhere else that his or her choice. There’s nothing going to change that. Has burg and ironton done some shady recruitment in football sure but at the end of the day Just let them play and enjoy the sport we all love.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

This thread turned into about what I expected it would post-game. Burg takes care of ball and they are in this game. However, Ironton definitely stronger up front on both sides of ball. Will be interesting if these 2 meet up again in playoffs and Burg plays a clean game.

As for the transfers, no school out there going to turn a stud away if he wants to transfer in. Right now Ironton is the place to be for kids looking around, but things change every few years. Burg ain’t gonna be down for long...*

Return to “Football”