JV Team

Re: MEIGS @ GALLIA ACADEMY

Post by GalliaTribe »

Almost game day!

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

How is meigs on grass? Gallia will have that field nice and soaked.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

With all that speed GA has they want a dry track !!!

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Gallia Speed let’s go

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Game day. Lets get to kick off and have some fun

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Not sure about this one. I’ll root for the OVC school. So I’ll take Gallia. I know Gallia lost some good ball players. Intrigued to see the score on this one. Both will play Coal Grove this year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

If meigs takes this game and builds off of it. They could be in for a very nice season. Lots of things for both teams to work on this week.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

score?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

22-19 Gallia academy

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia leaves this game with the win but both teams have good things coming out of this game and both teams have a ton of things to work on before next week. If meigs takes the good from this game and builds on it they will be very competitive in conference play. Gallia needs to clean up the mistakes and even though the depth chart is thin you need kids ready to play at a few more positions even if it is the same kids.

Gallia at this time just a better team then Meigs but boy meigs has a lot of nice things going on there.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Way to Go Blue Devils

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy 22 Meigs 19 2021

Post by countywide35 »

22-19 ….seems to be a good a gane with not much chatter about wat happened within it …

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I've never seen so many flags thrown and waved off in my life! Four I can think of, including what was what appeared to be a heat to helmet that should've given Meigs the ball on the 5 for a chance to win. Call it or don't, but if you throw the flag, don't want it off. Stick to the call. It was probably the right call. I watched this game as a neutral spectator, but I feel Meigs got a raw deal on that call. Congrats to the Devils on the win in a dog fight. Obviously, the Devils had key guys out that probably made this game closer.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:19 am I've never seen so many flags thrown and waved off in my life! Four I can think of, including what was what appeared to be a heat to helmet that should've given Meigs the ball on the 5 for a chance to win. Call it or don't, but if you throw the flag, don't want it off. Stick to the call. It was probably the right call. I watched this game as a neutral spectator, but I feel Meigs got a raw deal on that call. Congrats to the Devils on the win in a dog fight. Obviously, the Devils had key guys out that probably made this game closer.
The OHSAA has told officials to throw the flag and then if their is any doubt come together and talk about it.
I'd rather that they throw a flag and come together and talk about it then not throw it at all.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:33 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:19 am I've never seen so many flags thrown and waved off in my life! Four I can think of, including what was what appeared to be a heat to helmet that should've given Meigs the ball on the 5 for a chance to win. Call it or don't, but if you throw the flag, don't want it off. Stick to the call. It was probably the right call. I watched this game as a neutral spectator, but I feel Meigs got a raw deal on that call. Congrats to the Devils on the win in a dog fight. Obviously, the Devils had key guys out that probably made this game closer.
The OHSAA has told officials to throw the flag and then if their is any doubt come together and talk about it.
I'd rather that they throw a flag and come together and talk about it then not throw it at all.
Nope. Make the call or don't. Just adds to much confusion and they miss the call anyway.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Who all was out for Gallia?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:22 am Who all was out for Gallia?
Woodson, Hunter Shamblin and Smith were the started I know of. Difference makers for sure.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have a clock question in this game. Late in the game when Gallia is trying to run out the clock. You run on on 1st and 2nd downs to keep the clock turning. then 35 seconds into the play clock Bue devils get a illiegal procedure call. After the penalty was marked off. Why did the game clock start to turn again? is that really the high school rule that you can basically run a minute and 5 seconds off the clock without running a play if you get a pre snap penalty? Thought it was tough that meigs had to burn there last time out there.

Both teams clock management was horrible at end of the game i thought. Cleland has a ton of arm talent but he should of took a few more check downs in the last couple of possessions they could of had entire playbook available.

As far as the call on next to last play of the game i would of been fine with that call going either way. it was a violent collision. I also thought even though no flag was thrown there could of been targeting on a meigs player earlier in quarter but sometimes when that ball carrier switches directions it just puts people in a bad situation when contact happens. I thought both plays were within the rule book. But both plays could of been called to protect players and i would of been fine with that also.

As far as a game recap for people not there. Meigs took 1st possession down for a TD. Then gallia scored on next two possessions and kind of shut meigs down. to make score 16-7 After this point the rest of game the blue devils had so many kids cramp up and or get nicked up that they really had no offensive rythum the rest of game. late in 2nd quarter a gallia fumble gave meigs the ball late and they scored a touchdown on last play of half to make it 16-13.

Gallia scored to start third quarter then meigs scored late in third quarter or beginning of fourth to make it 22-19.

There was so many kids cramping and as blizzard man said penalties waved off and penalties called that game really had no flow after 2nd quarter.

Game looked different then i thought. But the breakdown i gave early in week played out. meigs strength the passing game. showed the youth and inexpericne back in of defense. And meigs was fundamentally better then i have seen them in a long time.

Very entertaining game. Quality of the football was not great.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Shoulder to helmet. No penalty.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:30 pm Shoulder to helmet. No penalty.
Agreed. I actually thought the flag was for #13 stepping over the kid. Other than that clean hit. Should have everyone back next week with the exception of Woodson.

Return to “Football”