Ironton v Burg 2020

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by GalliaTribe »

Speedy, I think I found the tailgate party for this game tomorrow. I might make the drive from Gallia county for this. It says they are donating to Ironton Athletic Department, but wouldn’t be nice to give Wheelersburg some too!

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

What’s the Ohio Law on alcohol sales near a school?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

GalliaTribe wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:27 pm What’s the Ohio Law on alcohol sales near a school?
Pretty sure OHSAA says it is NOT permitted in any capacity.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:43 pm
GalliaTribe wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:27 pm What’s the Ohio Law on alcohol sales near a school?
A simple google search could have found your answer but lord knows it would cut into your trolling and you just can't handle that.

"2. Alcohol and Illegal Drugs
The sale of, the distribution of, or the consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is not
permitted at the site of any contest involving OHSAA member schools."

They will be doing this in the OU Southern Parking lot which is not affiliated directly with the host school. What OU Southern allows in their parking lot is solely their business, and the business(es) donating proceeds to a schools athletic booster department is also perfectly legal.

Carry on though.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I would think at some point Ohio University has to decide whether this is acceptable behavior on there property during a pandemic. I would think OU turns there heads or thinks of general public health and says people this is not right time and place to hold this. Will any Redmen be mixing with this party( they’re on two week quarantine, will these people be in attendence, probably so and then that’s how a super spreader starts. Speedy, it will be amazing to see a packed stadium and tailgate party’s and restaurants full. Archbishop Moeller watch Lawrence County numbers in next few weeks.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck BURG

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Yeah, I get what people saying, but every high school football game I've ever been to has a few fans out in the parking lot drinking alcohol (pre-game, halftime, and post-game). As long they're being discreet about it and not getting smashed or causing ruckus, most people really don't care.

primetime: as far as this tailgate event being a super-spreader, there will be 6000-8000 people in stands tonight for Burg/Ironton. A pregame tailgate with a few hundred people attending is inconsequential.*

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Even without Carter (and potentially without Carpenter) I still think the Tigers get it done. They have a lot of beef upfront and if the rumors of the Burg injuries are true then it sounds like they're going to have to run the ball often. Tigers can load up the box and stop the run game early forcing Burg into throwing.

I'll go with Ironton 21 - Burg 10

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg d line is pretty quick. They will need to try to keep the big oline of ironton from getting their mitts on them. Skill wise burg can match up one on one. If burg can get to the edge offensively, they can score some points. Turnovers and field position will play a big role in this one.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Can Burg keep Cochran, Washington and Duncan from dominating the LOS ? If they can get to the 2nd level they have a chance to break off some big runs. There has been so much garbage on this thread it’s unbelievable. Both teams are going to be ready to play regardless of the crap spread here.

Hope it’s injury free and the first of many Friday night games to follow 🤞

Mrburg
Waterboy

Post by Mrburg »

Livestream?

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

With QB1s out, I think running game and LOS is key. I give the edge to Burg. Lattimore averaged almost 9 yards a carry last year and this year he's much better. I'm going with Burg 38-14.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Burg4 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:49 pm With QB1s out, I think running game and LOS is key. I give the edge to Burg. Lattimore averaged almost 9 yards a carry last year and this year he's much better. I'm going with Burg 38-14.
Only way Burg pulls this one out is if they can spread the ball out on the edges and hit a few big pass plays. Ironton will own both LOS, Burg will match up well athletically so Burg better be able to handle the run and Irontons dline tonight. And this is coming from a Burg fan....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:08 pm
Burg4 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:49 pm With QB1s out, I think running game and LOS is key. I give the edge to Burg. Lattimore averaged almost 9 yards a carry last year and this year he's much better. I'm going with Burg 38-14.
Only way Burg pulls this one out is if they can spread the ball out on the edges and hit a few big pass plays. Ironton will own both LOS, Burg will match up well athletically so Burg better be able to handle the run and Irontons dline tonight. And this is coming from a Burg fan....
My biggest wonder will be if burgs oline can handle ironton d line. I think burgs dline will give irontons o line some trouble from what I saw in their quickness. Ironton I think will get skinny in their line and run between the tackles trying to negate burgs quickness. That will in turn bring another defender in the box. Burg will have to be disciplined because that will cause a lot of one on one with the receives and burgs secondary with play action. They can’t get sucked in or ironton will hit some big pass plays.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

I’ll take Burg Friday night. Ironton fans I’m sure already have a list of excuses.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:20 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:43 pm
A simple google search could have found your answer but lord knows it would cut into your trolling and you just can't handle that.

"2. Alcohol and Illegal Drugs
The sale of, the distribution of, or the consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is not
permitted at the site of any contest involving OHSAA member schools."

They will be doing this in the OU Southern Parking lot which is not affiliated directly with the host school. What OU Southern allows in their parking lot is solely their business, and the business(es) donating proceeds to a schools athletic booster department is also perfectly legal.

Carry on though.
Horrible horrible optics. Kinda sounds like adults making events more about THEIR entertainment.

Batman53
Waterboy

Post by Batman53 »

Any links to watch the game on my phone stuck working

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Is there a live stream for this game? All of Irontons home games were available last year.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Both Ds looking solid so far

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:50 pm Is there a live stream for this game? All of Irontons home games were available last year.
Facebook my town tv

Return to “Football”