New move ins at your schools.How many? Let’s have fun

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: New move ins at your schools.How many? Let’s have fun

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:44 pm
fbnut wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:18 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:54 pm

Let’s follow this and see if he plays the back half of the season or did the family move in?
Moved
I believe they enrolled his sister at the burg
Not messing around ironton football for the boy and it doesn’t get much better in this area for girls sports than burg
This family wants to win bad :D
Hate to hear this for Valley as they have been counting on that class in football and basketball for the past couple of years. But at same time, parents gotta make the decision that they feel is best for their kid. And if they think their kid is better off elsewhere, ain’t my place to judge ‘em.

As for them actually moving, no way they going to sit him last half of his junior season in every sport*
How is this best for the kid? Sorry not buying it. If he’s talented, then they will find him.
Last edited by wobycat on Sun May 23, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:53 pm

Moved
Not messing around ironton football for the boy and it doesn’t get much better in this area for girls sports than burg
Hate to hear this for Valley as they have been counting on that class in football and basketball for the past couple of years. But at same time, parents gotta make the decision that they feel is best for their kid. And if they think their kid is better off elsewhere, ain’t my place to judge ‘em.

As for them actually moving, no way they going to sit him last half of his junior season in every sport*
How is this best for the kid? Sorry not buying it.
Don’t know. It’s not my kid.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:54 pm

How is this best for the kid? Sorry not buying it.
Don’t know. It’s not my kid.*
Come on. Let’s be real here.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Pendleton’s have been pretty hard on the kid at Valley all year. Pendleton even came to watch him play basketball at Northwest one evening :lol: :lol:

Watching SE Ohio basketball
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Now the topic’s heating up. :P

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:27 pm Pendleton’s have been pretty hard on the kid at Valley all year. Pendleton even came to watch him play basketball at Northwest one evening :lol: :lol:
Lol. Pendleton is a pioneer.

Is norm still at valley?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:52 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:46 pm 90% of successful programs have transfers.Just the way it is.If it can help a kid possibly get some of his or her college paid ,I see nothing wrong with it.Build it and they will come.
:lol:
As long as it’s not the burg getting them 😂

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:27 pm Pendleton’s have been pretty hard on the kid at Valley all year. Pendleton even came to watch him play basketball at Northwest one evening :lol: :lol:
Word is the kid was told Ironton will get him a scholarship at a particular school. Maybe they will? Fact is the kid has good size and hands, and maybe someone will take him as a possession receiver. But it takes legit speed to play D1 receiver.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:08 pm
Word is the kid was told Ironton will get him a scholarship at a particular school. Maybe they will? Fact is the kid has good size and hands, and maybe someone will take him as a possession receiver. But it takes legit speed to play D1 receiver.
Bizarre. Maybe I’m too old or old school but I never thought I’d have these conversations on preps where a public high school coach would promise a kid a college scholarship of their choice as long as he transferred. Lol. Why can’t he help him at valley if he has those connections? He could just call his connection and say, hey there’s a kid you should look at.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Agreed. It’s all crazy.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:48 pm

Is norm still at valley?
A pioneer indeed
Openly recruiting a kid is a first
Pendleton keeps this up more teams will go the Ashland route and will no longer play them

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

What about the players all these moves in are replacing? He’s preaching building a program, but then goes out and recruits players in high schools. How long til the parents of the kids who put in time for years and then ride the bench. Not going to be good.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

fbnut wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:23 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:48 pm

Is norm still at valley?
A pioneer indeed
Openly recruiting a kid is a first
Pendleton keeps this up more teams will go the Ashland route and will no longer play them
Was told the Ashland coach told his players not to even go to the Combine Friday at Ironton

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

transplant wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:26 pm What about the players all these moves in are replacing? He’s preaching building a program, but then goes out and recruits players in high schools. How long til the parents of the kids who put in time for years and then ride the bench. Not going to be good.
Absolutely. Other schools also. If this stuff is true someone will eventually get caught. A text message, video, picture, or just a ticked off momma will be the end of it

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I think most of what your saying is BS.No coach could get away with what your saying Pendleton has been doing and I mean no one :roll:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:08 pm
Hopefully Pendleton can get him before Woodward. Woodward is still the best recruiter in the area

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I don't believe that any high school coach in southeast Ohio can promise a D-1 offer from any school.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:46 pm I think most of what your saying is BS.No coach could get away with what your saying Pendleton has been doing and I mean no one :roll:
A lot of people believe that he is. But you’re right that’s here say until proven true but let’s look at the amount of new kids that have come to ironton in the past two years.

I can count of 12. Apparently the kid from valley is going now. So that makes 13. Burg has had one from Ashland. I have never seen that before in the area.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Moved

How is this best for the kid? Sorry not buying it. If he’s talented, then they will find him.
If a kid has a dream of playing college football and feels like he is not getting the support, why blame him for trying to better his chances? When is the last time Valley has had a prayer good enough to play at the next level? No one from Valley has that experience. Why blame the kid if he’s wanting to better himself. Going to Ironton is not going to get him a college scholarship. He’s still going to have to put the work in to get better.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Alitown wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:40 pm

If a kid has a dream of playing college football and feels like he is not getting the support, why blame him for trying to better his chances? When is the last time Valley has had a prayer good enough to play at the next level? No one from Valley has that experience. Why blame the kid if he’s wanting to better himself. Going to Ironton is not going to get him a college scholarship. He’s still going to have to put the work in to get better.
They had a kid about 10 to 15 years ago that went to UK. One kid about 4 to 5 years ago play at morehead. He was a stud too.

Lol. If he wanted to go play higher levels, tell him to go 15 minutes down the road. Minford knows how to develop them. Cain madden just got drafted in free agency.

Return to “Football”