RIP One of SEOs Greatest Players

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: RIP One of SEOs Greatest Players

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Sad day in Tigertown, RIP Jermon Jackson, prayers for the Jackson family and friends. A true Tiger Legend.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Unbelievable. He was really good back in the day. Fun to watch.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Yes, he was pretty special to say the least.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Hated to hear that. He was fun to watch.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

He was as good as any they had at Ironton. Possibly better than all. And that is saying a lot considering the amount of talent that went through the halls there. And I have seen more than most.Hate to hear when someone passes so young. Where I am from lost a grad from 1985 yesterday by the name Of Juan McCabe. A fine man,who actually had one of best games I have ever seen an interior D-Lineman have at that place,interesting enough,in a win over Ironton in 1984....Again taken too young,but had been suffering from serious health issues for awhile....RIP to both...And condolences to their families.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow just now saw this! Never got to see him play in high school but heard a lot about him. I'll always remember an interview with the late Dave Boston before their playoff game commenting they couldn't let him turn the corner or they could just wave goodbye. Interestingly I saw an interview with Lutz and he said Jackson was one those guys who didn't have the blazing breakaway speed but his cutting and field vision was what set him apart. Anyway RIP

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

cbolt wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:43 am Wow just now saw this! Never got to see him play in high school but heard a lot about him. I'll always remember an interview with the late Dave Boston before their playoff game commenting they couldn't let him turn the corner or they could just wave goodbye. Interestingly I saw an interview with Lutz and he said Jackson was one those guys who didn't have the blazing breakaway speed but his cutting and field vision was what set him apart. Anyway RIP
Vinton County fans are still having nightmares of his punt return against them that kept them from advancing to a possible state championship. How do you punt to that guy, I've often wondered. :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

one of the greatest running backs I ever had the pleasure to watch his entire career. he had electric moves and escapability.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”