2021 Wheelersburg Pirates

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Burg 2021

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:47 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:14 pm You’ve gotten a couple of ours and we’ve gotten a couple of yours over the last few years. I think we’re even in that department. Now, talking about transfers from other schools, our CB numbers were the same this past season. You can sugarcoat it however you like but the numbers were the same. Period 😁
All we have to do on this subject is count how many played for teams the year before for the past three years.

Ironton has like what 10?

Burg has 2? Hardly fair.

We are still open for when you get your new batch in to send the ones you replaced down. Burg needs some lineman if you recruit any.

Our factory is open 24/7 365 now. So if you want to pump iron at 3 in the morning on Christmas Eve you can.
The ones the burg has gotten from Ironton in the past all turned out pretty good and played on successful teams and I think ended up undefeated against their former school

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:18 pm Burg coulda never done it in the OKAC or SEOAL. Woulda been Ironton & Portsmouths doormats. Don't pretend there is not a distinct difference. Lol.

Even in athletes.

Holden. = average player. Ended up playing hoops at a small school.

Carrico: All American. D1 Commit. 4 stars. BIG TIME.

Ya never had the talent. Lets be intellectually honest.

Lil sisters.

You have to be the biggest idiot I've ever seen on here and I've been on a long time. Holden basically turned down a scholarship from OSU clown because he wanted to play basketball. Holden was also smart to go to a smaller school where he started as a Freshman who unlike Carrico will never see the field at OSU, sorry that's JMO. I think he is more suited for Marshall or OU or any of the MAC schools but not the Big 10.

I'd bet a crisp $100 bill Carrico will end up at one of the above mentioned schools. If a small DV school like Kirtland made him obsolete on defense in there game, do you really think he can compete with a Penn St or Mich St or any of them for that matter??? His coach got him that scholly I would almost bet money on it. Everyone would love to see local kids do good but I think he is getting in over his head.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:44 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:18 pm Burg coulda never done it in the OKAC or SEOAL. Woulda been Ironton & Portsmouths doormats. Don't pretend there is not a distinct difference. Lol.

Even in athletes.

Lil sisters.

You have to be the biggest idiot I've ever seen on here and I've been on a long time. Holden basically turned down a scholarship from OSU clown because he wanted to play basketball. Holden was also smart to go to a smaller school where he started as a Freshman who unlike Carrico will never see the field at OSU, sorry that's JMO. I think he is more suited for Marshall or OU or any of the MAC schools but not the Big 10.

I'd bet a crisp $100 bill Carrico will end up at one of the above mentioned schools. If a small DV school like Kirtland made him obsolete on defense in there game, do you really think he can compete with a Penn St or Mich St or any of them for that matter??? His coach got him that scholly I would almost bet money on it. Everyone would love to see local kids do good but I think he is getting in over his head.
I will say Carrico has two things you can’t teach size and speed. I’d say he’ll get even bigger just in his first year at Ohio State. Will he play his Freshamn year odds are he probably won’t but if he sticks with it and stays at Ohio State odds are he’ll play and play quite a bit later on.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will win the next two regionals possibly three. They will be in the state championship at least one of the next two maybe both.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I agree it is possible carrico will be another pedestrian player at osu, based on the performance he had against Kirtland. I can understand his offensive showing but being shutdown on defense is another story, against a run dominated team. He will get a free education and that's worth the weight in gold.

Burg will always do what it does best....win!

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

When was the last time Ironton won a state championship? I believe Wheelersburg won one in 2017?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Even in athletes.

Lil sisters.

Holden didn't get offered by Ohio State. I am sure they looked at him, but didn't extend an offer. Carrico will be fine with the coaching and conditioning he will get at OSU.

Kirtland would have beat the Burg worse than they did Ironton, Burg isn't physical enough to compete with them.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Keep in mind that I was only able to catch the Burg once this season.
Seemed to me they struggled up front on both sides of the ball against Ridgewood and the passing game did not seem crisp.
I am sure those weaknesses did not show up against the lesser teams they played but how about the other stout teams that they faced?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:36 pm Burg will win the next two regionals possibly three. They will be in the state championship at least one of the next two maybe both.
That's what you think, I think you Burg fans will be on here posting your usual excuses this time next year. If this hadn't happened, it that had happened, the game was closer than the score, blah blah blah.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

frankie wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Even in athletes.

Lil sisters.

Holden didn't get offered by Ohio State. I am sure they looked at him, but didn't extend an offer. Carrico will be fine with the coaching and conditioning he will get at OSU.

Kirtland would have beat the Burg worse than they did Ironton, Burg isn't physical enough to compete with them.
Heaven forbid Frankie, do not mention the word conditioning here

6O HORN3TS 🐝
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:59 pm

LOL, I hear ya.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

frankie wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:05 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:59 pm

LOL, I hear ya.
That’s a no-no. December is off month

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:52 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:36 pm Burg will win the next two regionals possibly three. They will be in the state championship at least one of the next two maybe both.
That's what you think, I think you Burg fans will be on here posting your usual excuses this time next year. If this hadn't happened, it that had happened, the game was closer than the score, blah blah blah.
You’ll see

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 pm
You’ll see
SSDY

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:11 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 pm

You’ll see
SSDY
What? Lol. Speak the kings English.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

lol, look it up.
Last edited by frankie on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by ReachHigher »

We will get there and we will show you how it’s done versus Kirtland when we do. It’s not our fault you put up a goose egg but we had fun watching you do it

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

ReachHigher wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:32 pm We will get there and we will show you how it’s done versus Kirtland when we do. It’s not our fault you put up a goose egg but we had fun watching you do it
Dream on. Kirtland would beat you like a rug, Fact.

ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by ReachHigher »

We would win. Nobody has been as good as our 2017 team was and we will be just as good again

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

ReachHigher wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:32 pm We will get there and we will show you how it’s done versus Kirtland when we do. It’s not our fault you put up a goose egg but we had fun watching you do it
We welcome you to it if we both get there

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”