D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

Kirtland80
All State

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by Kirtland80 »

Here is the Versailles game. There is others on there too

www.twitch.tv/rogerbaconspartans/video/788138681

Ironton PF 437 PA 61. Bacon PF 450 PA 134. Ironton has played 2 better teams in the playoffs for certain. Ironton offense been just as potent, only 13 shy, but defense has been twice as good. I know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything but just food for thought

6O HORN3TS 🐝
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we are still talking about the ironton/roger bacon game ain't we. ridgewood is in our rearview now. tough win over an excellent program. anybody have any idea about the bacon roster.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:28 pm
GoBigI wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:16 pm #33 for Ironton was out, #36 was playing injured, and #2 didn’t touch the ball until the second half. With #33 and #36 healthy and playing their regular minutes and #2 involved earlier, this would’ve been a different game. I hope Tingle comes back healthy, what a talented and classy kid. He’s a game changer for sure.
We did that with 3 defensive guys last week. They didn’t play. They are not starting this week either. Will put them in if need be but trying to get them back to 100% for the final assuming we win and can win without them

#’s 2,33, & 36...

THREE MAJOR parts to a scoring machine when healthy.
Two way players also!

What shows up in the final scoring is:
PROOF that good D DOES win games & Coach P & Company had the confidence the boys could get it done the way planned.

Kirtland can plug in, no doubt.

Ironton needs these players back, but some young ones did show up when needed to keep WLR & Harvest Preparatory @ bay and advance, & it’s an exciting part of this game and part of why we come back to root for these teams!

Cincinnati Roger Bacon players to watch for outside of Kiner are THESE 3 very dangerous players that have all played QB & WR.
They interchange them as needed in the two games I’ve watched:

#8 Danny Hudepohl 6 foot 185 SR.

#15 Logan Huber 6’3” 172 Jr.

• #11 Ryan Hallau 6’4” 220 SR.

• this dude is ALL OVER THE FIELD. Probably the reason they beat Versailles. Made plays on both sides of the ball when needed. Nice size to receive & intercept football and did so in Versailles win. He has got to be managed & matched with size being a concern.

The D was gassed late in Versailles game, but quick off the snap first 2Q’s.
Versailles QB was able to run & pass but RB got to him quickly early in game and disrupted.
In second half he was under pressure & was able to ding RB secondary with completions and runs to continue drives.

Just wanted to share.

#GoTgo
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:12 pm Ironton more physical with ball control & clock management (as always for the last 50 years) and Bacon not a traditional football power but with a game breaking rb. This could be interesting.
You most of forgotten the Vass era.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Injuries are part of the game.

But it was very obvious if you watched the game Saturday and have seen the kind of player that Tingle is, that Ridgewood was the better team. Probably 2 touchdowns better. Their interior line was better than Ironton and Carrico did nothing defensively the first half because of it. Several plays I watched he was shoved 6 or 7 yards downfield. Defensively they stuffed the Ironton run for negative yardage in the first half. That's impressive.

Bacon doesn't look physical on the little I have seen of them. Ironton can probably control the clock with them. Try to keep the ball away from the Bacon offense who will score a couple touchdowns

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Hudepohl, what a great name for a kid from Cincinnati !!!!!

I feel a little sorry for posters who have been reduced to adding nothing but if so and so had been healthy Ironton would have lost.
Bottom line Ironton won so move on.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:39 am Injuries are part of the game.

But it was very obvious if you watched the game Saturday and have seen the kind of player that Tingle is, that Ridgewood was the better team. Probably 2 touchdowns better. Their interior line was better than Ironton and Carrico did nothing defensively the first half because of it. Several plays I watched he was shoved 6 or 7 yards downfield. Defensively they stuffed the Ironton run for negative yardage in the first half. That's impressive.

Bacon doesn't look physical on the little I have seen of them. Ironton can probably control the clock with them. Try to keep the ball away from the Bacon offense who will score a couple touchdowns
I would venture to say that most coaches try to run straight at carrico with a double team. Running to the opposite of him is a no no. He’s amazing at taking the angle and ball hawking the runner. If irontons other defensive players can get off their block quickly they should be fine but it’s important they do or Kiner will be gone. I do agree with you that ironton can control the time of possession as long as they have a clean game.
Last edited by wobycat on Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am Hudepohl, what a great name for a kid from Cincinnati !!!!!

I feel a little sorry for posters who have been reduced to adding nothing but if so and so had been healthy Ironton would have lost.
It’s a legitimate argument but like someone else said ironton had injuries as well but not as crucial as tingle.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

So glad Ironton lives rent free in your head. Ironton being the alpha male is hard for you to handle.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am Hudepohl, what a great name for a kid from Cincinnati !!!!!

Probably related to the old money. (Hudepohl, Burger and Weidemann beer helped make Cincinnati very popular back in the day.) :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:24 pm So glad Ironton lives rent free in your head. Ironton being the alpha male is hard for you to handle.
Strange comment but it is 2020.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Dutch it seems that Woby the all knowing can say without a doubt it would have happened. Woby has Tiger envy to the point of saying hypothetical scenarios,and believing them to be true.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Dutch it seems that Woby the all knowing can say without a doubt it would have happened. Woby has Tiger envy to the point of saying hypothetical scenarios,and believing them to be true.
I have 100 percent zero tiger envy. In fact, I’ve been pretty on point with my assessment of them so far. I mean that argument can be made at any level. Does notre dame beat Clemson if Trevor Lawrence plays? Is Ohio state better or worse with fields?

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:09 pm

I have 100 percent zero tiger envy. In fact, I’ve been pretty on point with my assessment of them so far. I mean that argument can be made at any level. Does notre dame beat Clemson if Trevor Lawrence plays? Is Ohio state better or worse with fields?
Refresh my memory, please. How did OSU do with 3rd string Cardale Jones? Great teams find ways to win. With or without Tingle, Ironton changed their offensive game plan in the second half and rode sophomore Carter behind massive blocks from Carrico and Deere. Win and advance, the Fighting Tigers did just that.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

GoBigI wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:27 pm

Refresh my memory, please. How did OSU do with 3rd string Cardale Jones? Great teams find ways to win. With or without Tingle, Ironton changed their offensive game plan in the second half and rode sophomore Carter behind massive blocks from Carrico and Deere. Win and advance, the Fighting Tigers did just that.
I have to agree with this assessment. Last year we were plagued with injuries. We have injuries this year. I can’t really remember any years we haven’t had injuries. We had 3 starters out last week trying to heal up and we are gonna try to give them this week off as well. Would we be better with them? Of course we would, but we haven’t lost without them. I’m fairly certain our backup QB could come in and we wouldn’t miss a beat. The Clemson backup did have a Trevor Lawrence-like game. It’s not like he blew it. 439 yards and 2 TD’s with 0 picks isn’t bad. They just ran into a team that outplayed them by the smallest of margins. I have to believe that if Tingle had been in, that would have been the case as well. Even if it was by the smallest of margins. EDIT...Good coaches make adjustments to give their team the best shot at winning. Sometimes it takes a quarter, sometimes it takes a half. We have been there with Marion Local. Got stuffed the first half then came out the second half and won the game. Pendleton clearly made the right adjustments at halftime as Ironton started imposing their will in the second half. Not only do the coaches have to make the right adjustments, players have to be able to execute and Ironton did just that. I say hats off to Ironton and their coach
Attachments
8EC84E95-EE1F-4285-944D-ECDEF00471E7.png
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Its a bit of a reach to just declare an absolute based on what if. Wood got bullied in 2nd half. Carter was gettin 6, 7, 8 on every rush in that stack I w Carrico as lead blocker. Also think Wood had trouble w Irontons depth in late quarters. Not buyin Tingle being enough even if he did win a half. We cant declare an absolute result but its more fair to say maybe the game is different & maybe different variables make the whole dynamic, srategy, scheme, approach, different. Ohio State won a natty w a 3rd string QB. 🤷‍♂️

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:44 pm
GoBigI wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:27 pm

I have to agree with this assessment. Last year we were plagued with injuries. We have injuries this year. I can’t really remember any years we haven’t had injuries. We had 3 starters out last week trying to heal up and we are gonna try to give them this week off as well. Would we be better with them? Of course we would, but we haven’t lost without them. I’m fairly certain our backup QB could come in and we wouldn’t miss a beat. The Clemson backup did have a Trevor Lawrence-like game. It’s not like he blew it. 439 yards and 2 TD’s with 0 picks isn’t bad. They just ran into a team that outplayed them by the smallest of margins. I have to believe that if Tingle had been in, that would have been the case as well. Even if it was by the smallest of margins
Agree also

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:52 pm

Its a bit of a reach to just declare an absolute based on what if. Wood got bullied in 2nd half. Carter was gettin 6, 7, 8 on every rush in that stack I w Carrico as lead blocker. Also think Wood had trouble w Irontons depth in late quarters. Not buyin Tingle being enough even if he did win a half. We cant declare an absolute result but its more fair to say maybe the game is different & maybe different variables make the whole dynamic, srategy, scheme, approach, different. Ohio State won a natty w a 3rd string QB. 🤷‍♂️
Lol. Ohio State won the natty with a recruited back up QB, they didn’t pull their wide out, who will probably be taking pre reqs at the local junior college next year, in and hand him the the reigns.

You can’t remove the your most dynamic player in division 5 football and expect to just keep doing what you’ve done all year

Does anyone on this board honestly think roger bacon has a shot if Kiner can’t play?

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

We at Ironton appreciate your make believe info. It warms my heart, that someone on the outside looking in can know so much about our game,players,coaches etc. If I were you I'd look at picking lottery numbers vs telling us all about what might have happened,check that what would have happened.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Shouldn't you be patrolling the soccer forum? Or does your gyro just enable you to know all in football

Return to “Football”