D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

Kirtland80
All State

Re: D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:32 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:46 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:19 pm Does anyone know how the QB for Ridgewood is doing?
Not sure. Seems their fans aren’t very informative other than they know they would have blown Burg out had he not got hurt. It’s a moot point. You’d think they’d be happy they won and on to the regional final. A 1 point win is the same as a 40 point win this time of year. I think they are trying to argue that now while they can, as they know it’s the end of the line this week. Playing in the regional final is nothing to be ashamed about. You did what every other team except 1 in your region couldn’t do...
I have heard he was done. His backup is a senior and looked comfortable running the offense. He can pass and run, just not as well as Tingle obviously. I still think Ridgewood will be Ironton's toughest test today. Without Tingle, I have the tigers moving on to the state semis.
I heard the same. Hate to see a team come this far and not be 100% due to injury. Their defense looks legit so maybe a few scores from them can pull it off. I still gotta go with Ironton though even if they were 100%. It will be interesting to see if they can be more physical than harvest prep was. I watched that and it was very physical which slowed Ironton to 21. I think Ironton scores at least in the 21-28 range but it won’t be the first time I have been wrong if not

6O HORN3TS 🐝
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Hopefully both sides are fully healthy and ready to go

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Tigers in your upcoming game against Ridgewood. Lets hope both schools have an injury free game.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

This topic is dead 💀

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

1. Casual fan not interested as much as they used to.
2. Election week.
3. Ridgewood fans not coming on because their QB is out. Probably know they need him to win it.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

If ironton doesn't take care of the ball like last week they lose for sure i dont think it matters who ridgewoods qb is

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:12 am If ironton doesn't take care of the ball like last week they lose for sure i dont think it matters who ridgewoods qb is
Ridgewood, like most good football teams, is more than just 1 player. With that said its simply just a silly comment in regards to "it doesnt matter who Ridgewood QB is"

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:45 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:12 am If ironton doesn't take care of the ball like last week they lose for sure i dont think it matters who ridgewoods qb is
Ridgewood, like most good football teams, is more than just 1 player. With that said its simply just a silly comment in regards to "it doesnt matter who Ridgewood QB is"
What? So because I said if ironton turns the ball over like last week they will lose no matter the Qb that’s silly 👍🏻

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Never said the rest of their team wasn’t good?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I feel like that’s kind of giving ridgewood credit because I said ironton won’t beat them if they turn the ball over like they did last week

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:27 am 1. Casual fan not interested as much as they used to.
2. Election week.
3. Ridgewood fans not coming on because their QB is out. Probably know they need him to win it.
Agree with all 3

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:57 am
What? So because I said if ironton turns the ball over like last week they will lose no matter the Qb that’s silly 👍🏻
I misinterpreted/read your post, my apologies. I got zeroed in solely on the "it doesnt matter who the QB is"
my comment was not designed to imply that you said Ridgewood wasnt a good football team.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:13 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:57 am

I misinterpreted/read your post, my apologies. I got zeroed in solely on the "it doesnt matter who the QB is"
my comment was not designed to imply that you said Ridgewood wasnt a good football team.
Would never say that knew it last year when the game was over we would see them again next year

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

I was simply stating that they are a good football team and not just the QB, yet it does have a pretty significant impact who is under center. Once again, apologies for misinterpreting your post.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Wood is still good enough to win this without tingle because of their defense and their offense still has weapons. Tingle just gives them that X factor that they may need in this one.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Regardless of Ridgewoods QB. They do not go to Ironton. And win the Regional Championship. That is no disrespect to ‘Wood or cockiness for Irontons behalf. Ironton would need to self destruct in Turnovers/Missed Tackles. As for the score It doesn’t matter if it’s a win by 1 or 100. A win is a win at this point and Ironton finds a way to do it.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope everybody is healthy on both squads, from the bottom of my heart. the kids deserve to be at full strength. but with the general nature of football, and it's violence. you'll always have injuries. the main thing is I pray that anyone that has a serious injury that they have a full and complete recovery. no matter what year in school they may be in. looking forward to a very physical game. go tigers. so proud of ya'll.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Not A Homer
Riding the Bench

Post by Not A Homer »

Hopefully Tingle is close to full strength. If not, look for the Tigers to blowout RW.

Prediction:
Ridgewood 28
Ironton Prep 42

BRabbit
Waterboy

Post by BRabbit »

Not A Homer wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:49 pm Hopefully Tingle is close to full strength. If not, look for the Tigers to blowout RW.

Prediction:
Ridgewood 28
Ironton Prep 42
2 amazing football teams on the defensive side of the football. Can't see there being 70 points scored saturday night

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

BRabbit wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:54 pm
Not A Homer wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:49 pm Hopefully Tingle is close to full strength. If not, look for the Tigers to blowout RW.

Prediction:
Ridgewood 28
Ironton Prep 42
2 amazing football teams on the defensive side of the football. Can't see there being 70 points scored saturday night
I dont see it necessarily but it could happen i guess. It wouldnt shock me to see it like 31-21 with ironton scoring late in the 4th to get the 31

Return to “Football”