Region 23 Final : Fairland (8-1) @ Fort Frye (9-0)

efarns
S

Re: Region 23 Final : Fairland (8-1) @ Fort Frye (9-0)

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:02 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:57 pm 7 and 4 are both darn good athlete's for the Dragons. 4 is tough to bring down. He is a solid running back. 7 can catch anything close to him. Their QB gets the ball out quick. They like the screens but disciplined DB's can shut that down.
This is what Barnesville had success with tonight.
The Shamrocks did move the ball well for awhile through the air. They just couldn't take advantage when they got close.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fairland hasn’t been blown out all year. I think they will keep it closer than most y’all think.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:09 pm FF takes this one with ease, their defense simply to strong for this Fairland team. FF has given up only 25 points in the last 7 games and 12 of those were last week against Africentric.

FF by 4 scores
Varsity hasn’t allowed more than 1 score in a game since week 2. Africentric one TD was a late score Africentric Varsity on Fort JV.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This round at neutral sites?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:20 pm This round at neutral sites?
I think it's one more week before the neutral sites, so this should be at FF. That's just me going off of what the radio guys were saying.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:05 pm
beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:59 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:24 pm Cadets by 21. FF played their toughest opponent all season tonight and they gave the Cadets a good test, which they responded to well and took care of business.
Second toughest. Warren beats Barnesville by 2 scores at least.
Just hoping warren plays ff next year.
Man you need to move on from this. It’s in every other post you make. If we can schedule you, we will. If it conflicts with league games or other contracts, we won’t. I heard Akron SVSM’a coach texted yours about a game? Seems like they aren’t scared to play you. Will you pick that one up if it’s true? I guarantee they won’t be scared to play the big, bad Cadets.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Barnesville came into this game tonight with a great strategy and were well prepared to execute it. Frankly, they threw the kitchen sink at FF from the playbook and early on, FF struggled. Had a couple of breaks gone Barnesville's way, this game could have been super competitive and much closer than this final score. Coach Huck had his team ready after all of the 1st quarter surprises and they executed their game plan, and made defensive adjustments. This game was a much different challenge than the Warren game, and will only benefit the Cadets going forward.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:16 pm Fairland hasn’t been blown out all year. I think they will keep it closer than most y’all think.
No they haven't been blown out all year but they also haven't faced a defense ANYWHERE near what FF brings. I mean the one loss was to a Gallia team where the game was 47-43. I hope it's a good game but I think most will be shocked if this game stays within 3 scores. No shame in it FF just on another level and besides if I'm Fairland I'm playing with house money anyways.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:30 pm
Man you need to move on from this. It’s in every other post you make. If we can schedule you, we will. If it conflicts with league games or other contracts, we won’t. I heard Akron SVSM’a coach texted yours about a game? Seems like they aren’t scared to play you. Will you pick that one up if it’s true? I guarantee they won’t be scared to play the big, bad Cadets.
Lol, find a place for williamstown I'm sure. Which league is warren in? You had your "team" this year that's why you agreed to play us. Keep scheduling alexander, meigs, and other tvc teams you can beat. Guess that's better than the 15 minute drive up 339. Btw barnesville just as good as warren. Ff playing way better than 2nd game of season.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:47 pm
Lol, find a place for williamstown I'm sure. Which league is warren in? You had your "team" this year that's why you agreed to play us. Keep scheduling alexander, meigs, and other tvc teams you can beat. Guess that's better than the 15 minute drive up 339. Btw barnesville just as good as warren. Ff playing way better than 2nd game of season.
[/quote
In what way Chief? What do they do that much better than us? Answer: nothing. Also, our series with Williamstown is done so that argument has no basis. People like you are the reason people want to dislike your team. The other FF posters on here are reasonable guys, but you are incapable of seeing the bigger picture and think everyone is terrified to play you. How about you go schedule Ironton or Burg? I’m sure that wouldn’t fit the agenda, though. It’s amazing how you schedule Meadowbrook in between their really good teams. This is a two way street you clown.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Also, you didn’t answer my question.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:22 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:20 pm This round at neutral sites?
I think it's one more week before the neutral sites, so this should be at FF. That's just me going off of what the radio guys were saying.
They gave top seeds a choice. Fort will make Fairland come to Beverly.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Why should a D6 team have to play Akron St Vincent St Mary’s? Also I say less than 5 % chance Warren plays Fort next season. Losing Taylor and Gandee it’s probably for the best.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Steely Dan wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:39 pm Barnesville came into this game tonight with a great strategy and were well prepared to execute it. Frankly, they threw the kitchen sink at FF from the playbook and early on, FF struggled. Had a couple of breaks gone Barnesville's way, this game could have been super competitive and much closer than this final score. Coach Huck had his team ready after all of the 1st quarter surprises and they executed their game plan, and made defensive adjustments. This game was a much different challenge than the Warren game, and will only benefit the Cadets going forward.
Barnesville did great running all new stuff took a couple quarters to adjust.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Barnesville beat Union Local by three. Warren beat Union Local 35-0. What is your logic for saying the two teams are just as good. And last time I checked, warren beat barnesville 34-10 last year. So please explain your reasoning. Just wondering where you’re coming from.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:00 pm

Why should a D6 team have to play Akron St Vincent St Mary’s? Also I say less than 5 % chance Warren plays Fort next season. Losing Taylor and Gandee it’s probably for the best.
My only point is that you complain about no one wanting to play you, yet you shy away from that game. Burg played Watterson last year and Ironton played Sycamore this year. And to be clear, I have the utmost respect for FF. If your program is as good as what you and others say, then why not? Not trying to argue, just wanting an honest response. I know there are others on here who think the same.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Fort Frye BIG

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:56 pm
[/quote
In what way Chief? What do they do that much better than us? Answer: nothing. Also, our series with Williamstown is done so that argument has no basis. People like you are the reason people want to dislike your team. The other FF posters on here are reasonable guys, but you are incapable of seeing the bigger picture and think everyone is terrified to play you. How about you go schedule Ironton or Burg? I’m sure that wouldn’t fit the agenda, though. It’s amazing how you schedule Meadowbrook in between their really good teams. This is a two way street you clown.
Good, so the williamstown contract is over? Sign us up. Also, we would've kept meadowbrook on the schedule but they only agreed to last year. As for svsm, we aren't anywhere near them talent wise in my opinion. Who knows, maybe eric says what the hell. Ironton and wheelersburg are at another level also, but you never know. As for the bigger picture, what exactly do you mean? Warren football actually have a bigger picture? We know their bball team does and we play them willingly twice every year. Usually taking a loss in both, but that doesn't stop us from making the trip. As for barnesville vs warren, the hannahs boys equally as talented as anyone warren have, but I'm probably not seeing the bigger picture. What i know is that i don't think everyone is afraid to play us, trimble isnt, waterford isn't. Svsm definitely isn't :). But warren? Time will tell. Guess they have an open date next year

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:07 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:00 pm

My only point is that you complain about no one wanting to play you, yet you shy away from that game. Burg played Watterson last year and Ironton played Sycamore this year. And to be clear, I have the utmost respect for FF. If your program is as good as what you and others say, then why not? Not trying to argue, just wanting an honest response. I know there are others on here who think the same.
Trust me they got some big boys coming to the schedule. It doesn’t matter who they play always be someone else saying it’s not tough enough. I remember when people thought Fort was nuts for playing Wheeling Central. The Cadets are trying to schedule teams. No they are not going to travel to Akron if they don’t have to.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:13 pm
beg003 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:56 pm
[/quote
Good, so the williamstown contract is over? Sign us up. Also, we would've kept meadowbrook on the schedule but they only agreed to last year. As for svsm, we aren't anywhere near them talent wise in my opinion. Who knows, maybe eric says what the hell. Ironton and wheelersburg are at another level also, but you never know. As for the bigger picture, what exactly do you mean? Warren football actually have a bigger picture? We know their bball team does and we play them willingly twice every year. Usually taking a loss in both, but that doesn't stop us from making the trip. As for barnesville vs warren, the hannahs boys equally as talented as anyone warren have, but I'm probably not seeing the bigger picture. What i know is that i don't think everyone is afraid to play us, trimble isnt, waterford isn't. Svsm definitely isn't :). But warren? Time will tell. Guess they have an open date next year
Better than Taylor, Gandee, or Welch? You are just killing your self right now my man. As for SVSM, put them on the schedule and put your money where your mouth is. Your arrogance is staggering.

Return to “Football”