RD: 4 - Harvest Prep 14 Ironton 21

Chief02
Varsity

Re: RD: 4 - Harvest Prep (7-1) @ Ironton (8-0)

Post by Chief02 »

Just be glad this game is at Ironton and not Prep. I say this because if their football announcer is anywhere near as annoying as their basketball announcer, you would be smashing your head off the bleachers by the second quarter. Their basketball announcer wants to make everything a spectacle and treat his job like he is an entertainer.

Go fighting Tigers! Show ‘me some smash mouth football.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:43 am
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:16 am Prep will be the toughest test that ironton has played to date. They will be a little better than sycamore in my opinion. I think preps defense is a little better but the offense of those two teams mirror each other by watching a few of their games.

Prep has to figure out how to put ironton in definite passing situations and they have to get their skilled kids in space.

In the end, ironton should win this by two scores maybe three with a late score. I’ll go 42-21

There could be a scenario where ironton comes out with guns a blazing and prep lays down and it ends up being a running clock. But I can’t see a scenario where prep even threatens. City prep kids don’t like to get hit. Lol
I would never have thought the Ironton would have beat the Johnnies 42-0 with a running clock! This Ironton team is fun to watch! Good Luck Tigers!!
The Johnnies had an average team this year, not like in the past. Prep won't have a much better outing this weekend. They did fine @ D7 but moving up 2 divisions in football in 1 year is too much. They'll be ready to roll the round balls out next week. The football coaches can then start bringing in players to compete at the upper echelon's of D5 going forward. Ironton hasn't had a close game yet and it will continue this week.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:08 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:16 am Prep will be the toughest test that ironton has played to date. They will be a little better than sycamore in my opinion. I think preps defense is a little better but the offense of those two teams mirror each other by watching a few of their games.

Prep has to figure out how to put ironton in definite passing situations and they have to get their skilled kids in space.

In the end, ironton should win this by two scores maybe three with a late score. I’ll go 42-21

There could be a scenario where ironton comes out with guns a blazing and prep lays down and it ends up being a running clock. But I can’t see a scenario where prep even threatens. City prep kids don’t like to get hit. Lol
I would never have thought the Ironton would have beat the Johnnies 42-0 with a running clock! This Ironton team is fun to watch! Good Luck Tigers!!
The Johnnies had an average team this year, not like in the past. Prep won't have a much better outing this weekend. They did fine @ D7 but moving up 2 divisions in football in 1 year is too much. They'll be ready to roll the round balls out next week. The football coaches can then start bringing in players to compete at the upper echelon's of D5 going forward. Ironton hasn't had a close game yet and it will continue this week.
Yeah I agree. Can’t be one dimensional against the tigers like Johnstown unless you’re really good at it and Johnstown is in a down year. Harvest prep is a lot more balanced. Should be able to move the ball a little, but I agree don’t think they threaten the tigers.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:40 pm

Yeah I agree. Can’t be one dimensional against the tigers like Johnstown unless you’re really good at it and Johnstown is in a down year. Harvest prep is a lot more balanced. Should be able to move the ball a little, but I agree don’t think they threaten the tigers.

I agree with you Cat.....this team isn’t ready for Ironton

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Greenwave38
Waterboy

Post by Greenwave38 »

gobucs20 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:38 am Harvest prep is a private Christian school that is ran by world harvest church on gender road on the South East Side of Columbus. Look up pastor rod parsley will tell you all you need to know. Their teams in the past are always blazing fast. But not very physical or discipline. Just take care of the ball no silly penalties and move on to the regional finals
They beat newark catholic last year in the regional finals in d7. The moved to d5 this year. We have played non league games against them. They are in the mid state league ohio division with bexley, whitehall , academy, liberty union bishop ready. They have had football for a little over20 years

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Don’t know much about prep. But I do know a bit about ironton. Mr buckeye and the boys in Ironton look real good. I’ll go Ironton 49-7

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Forced the wife to endure me watching about a hour of Tiger videos on Youtube last night. Not being able to see this team play, especially with Carrico in his senior year, is a cruel fate to devoted Ironton Fighting Tiger Fans! It's like some twisted sick joke! :? :shock:

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Seen Harvest Prep once this year, they have some quick and good skill kids. I think Ironton’s too much for the Warriors as they win by a few scores

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:55 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:39 am Harvest Prep by 18
Regional final will look like a basketball matchup

good luck to your pirates fan.

Big statement.....

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:59 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 am 8/28 A Portsmouth (2-7) [V:19] W 50-9
9/4 H Gallia Academy (6-2) [IV:15] W 55-7
9/11 H Coal Grove (6-2) [VI:23] W 71-0
9/18 A Rock Hill (3-5) [VI:23] W 41-0
9/25 A Chesapeake (2-5) [V:19] W 58-10
10/2 H South Point (0-8) [V:19] C* cancelled
10/2 H Sycamore (1-7) [I:4] W 33-11
10/17 H # New Lexington (4-4) [V:19] W 49-3
10/24 H # Johnstown-Monroe (6-3) [V:19] W 42-0
10/31 H # Harvest Prep (7-1) [V:19]

Bait I’m not for sure Prep is ready for the motor #28 is gonna play with in this game. Since i watched him in. Person against the Ironmen in a pre-seaosn scrimmage to this past week...the 2020 version of #28 is on a different level and has a TON of superstars surrounded him !!! Can harvest prep take 48mins of Irontona physicality???? My money is on Pendleton and crew when it comes to smashin another team in the mouth.
it's great seeing ironton's trademark physicality back county. so many people through the years, from teams everywhere have told me that nobody hit harder than ironton , or was more physical. think about that comment a moment. that is engrained into these boys from birth here. and after about 10 years of underperforming football at ironton. this coach has them hitting on all cylinders again. and it will continue to get better. my prayer is we can retain him, and his staff. pay dat tiger. as excited as I am over the physicality of ironton, and it's record. just remember boys, win 1 play at a time, 1 series at a time. respect everyone and fear no one. these dudes will want nothing more than to derail the tiger train. don't overlook anybody, or take anyone lightly. and the goals you seek will fall into place. but nobody or anything, besides God is more important than laying the wood to harvest prep. good luck Saturday ''FIGHTING TIGERS''

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I wish this game was today

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

I think this will b a good game

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

Ironton by bunches. 4+ scores and probably a running clock in the 3rd.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

HP looks to be decent size with good speed. The push up front on the offensive side is serviceable, but not overwhelming. That said, they have some athletic kids who are aggressive and have the abilitu to bust open big chunk plays as well as the ability to get their pads low and go squeeze out a necessary 2 - 3 yards in late down short yardage plays. They have a real nice RB1 who has a good mix of speed and power. They have a couple athletic, good size kids who are dual threat at the QB and plenty of weapons on the outside they are not shy to utilize, including at least 2 tall athletic fast kids at wideout. RB1 can block, run the rock and he's got serviceable hands as an option in the pass game. Tackling well in the open field as well as in coverage is gonna be paramount and will limit HP's big plays.

On defense, HP is not overwhelmingly physical at the LOS, but what HP does well on defense is they get to their spots & to the point of attack quickly. They tackle well in the open field, they are fast at the edge, and the close quickly and aggressively. They rely on their ability to make plays. Ironton and particularly the young QB Carpenter will have to limit misrakes and be decisive and make decisions amd distribute the ball accordingly. Allowing HP to use their speed & closing ability could have the potential to create turnovers.

Overall, I think Ironton will come out and try to assert itself up front. Carrico and Carter and a big shot of that offensive line. If HP can penetrate w some of their speed, disrupt the run game and force Ironton to get a lil more loose, it could get interesting.

Cold, wet, halloween night in Tanks. I think the more physical team wins.

Ironton 41
Harvesr Prep 17

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Ironton wins. I also think Wood beats Burg and Ironton advances there as well. Barring either team beating themselves, which I do not think will happen, I look for a rematch between us. Not sure about yours but all of our fans want this. Good luck and hopefully it’s an injury free game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

love this post. you never seen johnstown play one game, but because they got completely dominated by the fighting tigers, johnstown was having a “down year.” The Johnies got dominated. The team they took to Canton would have gotten dominated by this team. Good luck at West Lafayette. I’d love to see another Pirate and Fighting Tiger matchup

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:13 pm

love this post. you never seen johnstown play one game, but because they got completely dominated by the fighting tigers, johnstown was having a “down year.” The Johnies got dominated. The team they took to Canton would have gotten dominated by this team. Good luck at West Lafayette. I’d love to see another Pirate and Fighting Tiger matchup
I don’t think so. The team they took to Canton had much better defense and the running game was way better. Does Ironton win that game? I think so. Do they blow them out 42-0? I seriously doubt it

6O HORN3TS 🐝
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Tigers tomorrow night against Harvest Prep.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:41 pm Good luck Tigers tomorrow night against Harvest Prep.
They won't need any luck again this week. It's been too easy this covid year with the competition but they'll have to put it in gear and kick in the nitrous for the first time starting next week .

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
E High
All State

Post by E High »

The Jonnies are very average. I believe Cambridge kinda beat them up tonight. Good luck to all going forward !

Return to “Football”