RD: 4 - Harvest Prep 14 Ironton 21

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: RD: 4 - Harvest Prep (7-1) @ Ironton (8-0)

Post by formerfcfan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:17 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:30 pm Seeing some comments that I want to address/clarify on HP...

World Harvest Church is one of the most notable megachurches in Ohio, with practice in the pentecostal tradition. They have two educational ministries: Valor Christian College and, more notably, Harvest Preparatory School. If anyone familiar with the Cincinnati area knows the Solid Rock Church (the "Touchdown Jesus" statue along I-75 in Monroe), WHC is larger than that. Situated on the furthest east edge possible of Columbus, the school primarily draws from its massive congregation but the admissions office doors are open to anyone interested in attending.

Next point, the bottom quote relates to
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am Yep. Kids tuition is paid by “sponsors”. Typical private school. Can bring in anyone they want to play for them.
HP's tuition from the start is really low. And what enables many kids to attend is the EdChoice scholarship program, which is the state's guaranteed funding of kids' private school tuition. Some of you know EdChoice better as the mechanism enabling more students to attend Notre Dame Schools than otherwise possible if their parents were expected to pay full tuition.

Vast majority of HP kids are in the Columbus, Groveport-Madison districts with an occasional few from the Whitehall-Yearling district. And I feel comfortable in saying kids who attend HP do so because of the school's environment. Sports is a plus, but HP kids are there for all of the "right" reasons. If everyone reading this had the choice between sending their kid to Columbus Independence or Harvest Prep, they would be sending them to HP. Secure, faith-centered environment. You look at HP's football team and you see kids that everyday stay above, which is commendable.

I reject the idea that they're a "typical private school." They're just the only one where people's projections and beliefs about private schools actually come to truth.
that's an awesome read fan, thanks for sharing this. filled ole bait's heart.
Glad to hear, 'Bait. Hope you're well, man!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:30 pm Seeing some comments that I want to address/clarify on HP...

World Harvest Church is one of the most notable megachurches in Ohio, with practice in the pentecostal tradition. They have two educational ministries: Valor Christian College and, more notably, Harvest Preparatory School. If anyone familiar with the Cincinnati area knows the Solid Rock Church (the "Touchdown Jesus" statue along I-75 in Monroe), WHC is larger than that. Situated on the furthest east edge possible of Columbus, the school primarily draws from its massive congregation but the admissions office doors are open to anyone interested in attending.

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am Yep. Kids tuition is paid by “sponsors”. Typical private school. Can bring in anyone they want to play for them.
HP's tuition from the start is really low. And what enables many kids to attend is the EdChoice scholarship program, which is the state's guaranteed funding of kids' private school tuition. Some of you know EdChoice better as the mechanism enabling more students to attend Notre Dame Schools than otherwise possible if their parents were expected to pay full tuition.

Vast majority of HP kids are in the Columbus, Groveport-Madison districts with an occasional few from the Whitehall-Yearling district. And I feel comfortable in saying kids who attend HP do so because of the school's environment. Sports is a plus, but HP kids are there for all of the "right" reasons. If everyone reading this had the choice between sending their kid to Columbus Independence or Harvest Prep, they would be sending them to HP. Secure, faith-centered environment. You look at HP's football team and you see kids that everyday stay above, which is commendable.

I reject the idea that they're a "typical private school." They're just the only one where people's projections and beliefs about private schools actually come to truth.
N

Good to see ya on the thread my man.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Good luck to Ironton from this Burg fan!

Burg grad 85
SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Ironton has to be the favorite. Get the job done and hopefully Burg does too.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Glad to hear, 'Bait. Hope you're well, man!
I'm doin fine my friend. pm me, we'll chat sometime.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:33 pm

N
thanks county, love ya ole buddy.

Good to see ya on the thread my man.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Ironton can name the score in this one.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Harvest Prep by 18
Regional final will look like a basketball matchup

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Ironton by 4 scores.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:39 am Harvest Prep by 18
YOU HAIN'T RIGHT FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

8/28 H Buckeye Valley (3-6) [III:11] W 56-25
9/4 A Columbus Academy (6-2) [V:19] L 10-20
9/11 A Grandview Heights (0-9) [VI:23] W 64-13
9/18 H Bishop Ready (6-3) [V:19] W 18-15
9/25 H Bexley (2-6) [IV:15] W 46-20
10/2 A Whitehall-Yearling (1-6) [II:7] W 52-14
10/17 H # Piketon (4-4) [V:19] W 41-8
10/24 A # Columbus Academy (6-2) [V:19] W 20-17
10/31 A # Ironton (8-0) [V:19]

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

8/28 A Portsmouth (2-7) [V:19] W 50-9
9/4 H Gallia Academy (6-2) [IV:15] W 55-7
9/11 H Coal Grove (6-2) [VI:23] W 71-0
9/18 A Rock Hill (3-5) [VI:23] W 41-0
9/25 A Chesapeake (2-5) [V:19] W 58-10
10/2 H South Point (0-8) [V:19] C* cancelled
10/2 H Sycamore (1-7) [I:4] W 33-11
10/17 H # New Lexington (4-4) [V:19] W 49-3
10/24 H # Johnstown-Monroe (6-3) [V:19] W 42-0
10/31 H # Harvest Prep (7-1) [V:19]

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:00 am
YOU HAIN'T RIGHT FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Yeah Bait you're right, Tigers by 35

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Big statement.....

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 am 8/28 A Portsmouth (2-7) [V:19] W 50-9
9/4 H Gallia Academy (6-2) [IV:15] W 55-7
9/11 H Coal Grove (6-2) [VI:23] W 71-0
9/18 A Rock Hill (3-5) [VI:23] W 41-0
9/25 A Chesapeake (2-5) [V:19] W 58-10
10/2 H South Point (0-8) [V:19] C* cancelled
10/2 H Sycamore (1-7) [I:4] W 33-11
10/17 H # New Lexington (4-4) [V:19] W 49-3
10/24 H # Johnstown-Monroe (6-3) [V:19] W 42-0
10/31 H # Harvest Prep (7-1) [V:19]

Bait I’m not for sure Prep is ready for the motor #28 is gonna play with in this game. Since i watched him in. Person against the Ironmen in a pre-seaosn scrimmage to this past week...the 2020 version of #28 is on a different level and has a TON of superstars surrounded him !!! Can harvest prep take 48mins of Irontona physicality???? My money is on Pendleton and crew when it comes to smashin another team in the mouth.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironton rolls in this one 35-7. Better question is how many fans Prep brings with them? I'd set the O/U at 15.*

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:04 am Ironton rolls in this one 35-7. Better question is how many fans Prep brings with them? I'd set the O/U at 15.*
I wonder if this means their will be extra tickets at the gate?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prep will be the toughest test that ironton has played to date. They will be a little better than sycamore in my opinion. I think preps defense is a little better but the offense of those two teams mirror each other by watching a few of their games.

Prep has to figure out how to put ironton in definite passing situations and they have to get their skilled kids in space.

In the end, ironton should win this by two scores maybe three with a late score. I’ll go 42-21

There could be a scenario where ironton comes out with guns a blazing and prep lays down and it ends up being a running clock. But I can’t see a scenario where prep even threatens. City prep kids don’t like to get hit. Lol

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:16 am Prep will be the toughest test that ironton has played to date. They will be a little better than sycamore in my opinion. I think preps defense is a little better but the offense of those two teams mirror each other by watching a few of their games.

Prep has to figure out how to put ironton in definite passing situations and they have to get their skilled kids in space.

In the end, ironton should win this by two scores maybe three with a late score. I’ll go 42-21

There could be a scenario where ironton comes out with guns a blazing and prep lays down and it ends up being a running clock. But I can’t see a scenario where prep even threatens. City prep kids don’t like to get hit. Lol

It’s just one big ole guess for us all.
We are facing an Unknown opponent with
Skilled players that are young.

Time for tigers to show up & put the past three years of intensity into hyper drive!!!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:16 am Prep will be the toughest test that ironton has played to date. They will be a little better than sycamore in my opinion. I think preps defense is a little better but the offense of those two teams mirror each other by watching a few of their games.

I would never have thought the Ironton would have beat the Johnnies 42-0 with a running clock! This Ironton team is fun to watch! Good Luck Tigers!!

Return to “Football”