Covid gonna shutdown Football after all?

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Covid gonna shutdown Football after all?

Post by SWHITE2002 »

3 1/2 weeks of football left. Are we gonna make it? Things aren't looking good.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Covid gonna shutdown Football after all?

Post by FANOSPORTS »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:53 pm 3 1/2 weeks of football left. Are we gonna make it? Things aren't looking good.
It'll all be Ok after election day next week. No problem !!! :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:53 pm 3 1/2 weeks of football left. Are we gonna make it? Things aren't looking good.
I think we make it thru football. Don’t see them shutting down at this point even with the rising cases in the state.

Now what may be in jeopardy is basketball...

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Yeah the aliens are gonna come down and take it away too! Everything back to normal!

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Seasonal flu .1 percent mortality rate and there is a vaccine that most years very effective. Covid no vaccine yet and the mortality rate is .13 percent and we shut the greatest economy in history down and scare people half to death. Stats straight from the cdc website.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

flu numbers are way down.
hmmm

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

gobucs20 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:09 pm Covid no vaccine yet and the mortality rate is .13 percent and we shut the greatest economy in history down and scare people half to death. Stats straight from the cdc website.
Mortality rate is measured across the entire population of Americans, including those who were never COVID+.

Case-fatality in the US is currently 2.6%, per Johns Hopkins.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't forget Covid, having covid can be with you the rest of you life if you come down with it. The virus can leave your body, but on down the road you may pass from damages lungs or need lung transplants. There are several things that covid can do to you that could bother you the rest of your life.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

gobucs20 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:09 pm Seasonal flu .1 percent mortality rate and there is a vaccine that most years very effective. Covid no vaccine yet and the mortality rate is .13 percent and we shut the greatest economy in history down and scare people half to death. Stats straight from the cdc website.
Exactly, and I think they are counting people with the flu as covid.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:12 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:09 pm Seasonal flu .1 percent mortality rate and there is a vaccine that most years very effective. Covid no vaccine yet and the mortality rate is .13 percent and we shut the greatest economy in history down and scare people half to death. Stats straight from the cdc website.
Exactly, and I think they are counting people with the flu as covid.
Because you know better?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:39 pm Don't forget Covid, having covid can be with you the rest of you life if you come down with it. The virus can leave your body, but on down the road you may pass from damages lungs or need lung transplants. There are several things that covid can do to you that could bother you the rest of your life.
That’s what people are not getting if you get it and survive there is a chance that you have lasting affects your whole life I have had someone I take care of die from COVID and what it did to him was horrible

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Just remember that when you walk into a restaurant that the kung flu can only get you as you walk to your table. Once you're seated. No worries. Biggest hoax in the history of mankind!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

PistolPete7 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:00 pm Just remember that when you walk into a restaurant that the kung flu can only get you as you walk to your table. Once you're seated. No worries. Biggest hoax in the history of mankind!
Interesting isn’t it?

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

After next week, everything will be back to normal once they see the plandemic didn’t stop the Trump Train from rollin.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:40 pm
Agree

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The new mortality rate was released by the cdc. 99.997% survival rate people 0-19 years old.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

wrestlefan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:12 pm flu numbers are way down.
hmmm
well hell they orta be. All we do requirwes us to wear a mask. Not much chance of spreading flu. I have to have my customers wear a mask while we breed coon dogs.

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Lies, darn lies, and Statistics. The whole thing is a crap sandwich and we all gonna take a bite. My customers that want their dogs bred with me and my world class coon dogs is getting tired of wearing these dang masks. Ole Blue gets performance anxiety with people watching him do his thang while wearing a mask.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:39 pm Don't forget Covid, having covid can be with you the rest of you life if you come down with it. The virus can leave your body, but on down the road you may pass from damages lungs or need lung transplants. There are several things that covid can do to you that could bother you the rest of your life.
There's literally no way anyone knows this. Lets just all hide inside our homes for the rest of our lives, get complacent, hell I'll with today's current guidelines for the rest of my life, but the gov better start throwing me a couple stacks a month.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

At this point the state is the only party gaining revenue from football so I can’t see them shutting it down unless our nerdy governor deems it necessary. Does anyone really think basketball is possible? Wrestling?

If we would have ever shut the country down, which wasn’t really the case most people were deemed essential, and worn PPEs for the flu the flu numbers would plummet. They will anyway as to avoid getting the flu all you really have to do is not touch your nares and keep clean hands. Humans are filthy so we spread germs but is easily prevented and doesn’t require a mask or gloves. Many healthcare professionals haven’t had the flu ever or even get a cold, they wash there hands and don’t touch their face. Been that way for decades at least that I have witnessed personally. Difference is if you give yourself the flu, you seek medical care and take meds for a few days and it goes away. Untreated flu is dangerous as it turns into pneumonia, if treated the flu rarely has any long term concerns. Many folks have gone to the hospital with covid and died, covid has no vaccine and no known treatment plan. It’s like comparing brain cancer to a migraine. Covid, if handled with dignity, could have assured another 4 years for Trump as it has been the only real issue the past 4 years, especially compared to the previous 25 years. If covid has affected re-election it has been self inflicted and was easily avoidable with a little humility and some transparency.

Most concerning to me, are sick people getting tested? I had a cold and in no way was I getting tested and risk affecting so many other people’s lives. Self medicate as if it is covid, stay away from at risk folks, and move on. I don’t need to hear a doc tell me what we all know. If Sudafed doesn’t ease symptoms seek medical care. Numbers are going to be much lower than actual until a simple treatment exists such as the flu remedy. Don’t understand why anyone would be so eager to become a statistic with nothing to gain and so many repercussions for so many other people.

Return to “Football”