Freshman Team

Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by Raycharles »

Thoughts?

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Looks to be one of the better match ups next week

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Wood D is very stout. Much better than last year. I will be very surprised if Burg is able to consistently run the ball against them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Going to be a good one. Better than last year for sure.j

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

hammer89 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:16 pm Wood D is very stout. Much better than last year. I will be very surprised if Burg is able to consistently run the ball against them.

Burg is a whole lot more diverse offensively. I think burg had 7 to 8 guys touch the ball effectively this evening offensively but burg will have to be creative about it.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:18 pm
hammer89 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:16 pm Wood D is very stout. Much better than last year. I will be very surprised if Burg is able to consistently run the ball against them.

Burg is a whole lot more diverse offensively. I think burg had 7 to 8 guys touch the ball effectively this evening offensively but burg will have to be creative about it.
Burg is definitely not the same team who played Ridgewood last year.. Look for it to be very close no matter which way it goes

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg! Ridgewood will be a handful but hopefully Burg can get a road W

Burg grad 85
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg will definitely be the best team Wood has faced all year. It’s going to take a mistake free game by the Burg to pull it off. They put the ball on the ground twice tonight and they can’t do that in this game.

I think Burg Has the horses to play with Wood. Definitely not the same team Wood saw last year. A lot of new players on the field for Burg. Burg can’t give up the long bombs for TD’s like they did last year. Control the ball and run some clock. Burg needs this game to be a 17–14 score to have any chance. Win it on a last second FG by Sammons. That would be nice!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Ridgewood 35
Burg 21

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Burg has one of the best turnover margins around and to keep this game in their favor, they need to score and keep the ball in their hands. The two fumbles they had last night cannot happen this week if they want to Win

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ridgewood by 14 or more. I’d love to see ironton- burg in the region finals but I think ridgewood takes it. And Harvest prep will bring there best game to ironton. Long ride for burg but such a nice field.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

A big flaw for the Burg is the penalities they have, I think this will be a big factor in this game. As good as the coaching staff is they have way to many penalties for a good team.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

ridgewood turf or grass?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

callie15 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:09 am A big flaw for the Burg is the penalities they have, I think this will be a big factor in this game. As good as the coaching staff is they have way to many penalties for a good team.
Grass

I didn’t think Burg had many penalties last night. Hopefully penalties are not what determines the outcome of this game.

Burg MUST contain the QB and not let him run all over the place. Easier said and done I know but in watching video on them he runs a lot. Force him into some bad throws. Like I said Burg will be by far the best team they have faced this year.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:39 am
callie15 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:09 am A big flaw for the Burg is the penalities they have, I think this will be a big factor in this game. As good as the coaching staff is they have way to many penalties for a good team.
Grass

I didn’t think Burg had many penalties last night. Hopefully penalties are not what determines the outcome of this game.

Burg MUST contain the QB and not let him run all over the place. Easier said and done I know but in watching video on them he runs a lot. Force him into some bad throws. Like I said Burg will be by far the best team they have faced this year.
A couple unsportsman likes on the same player on kickoffs, he was taken out, and one holding call that I can remember and an offsides

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:48 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:39 am
Grass

A couple unsportsman likes on the same player on kickoffs, he was taken out, and one holding call that I can remember and an offsides

That’s not bad for a HS team. The unsportsmanlike penalties are hard to control. Kids emotions get the best of them sometimes and like you said, they finally took him out.

I think bottom line is that last year just about every Burg fan figured they were going to get it handed to them and they did. This year, Burg is a different animal. Wood comes in thinking this is the same team they will Be in for a rude awakening.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Just don’t see how the lattimore kid is so good. If he was as good as you people say I feel that he would be in a lot more packages of burgs. When they need a yard and line up in I they have 13 running the ball I think. That says a lot about who the coaching staff can get that yard they need. But hey I guess they call me “Ray” for a reason.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:58 am Just don’t see how the lattimore kid is so good. If he was as good as you people say I feel that he would be in a lot more packages of burgs. When they need a yard and line up in I they have 13 running the ball I think. That says a lot about who the coaching staff can get that yard they need. But hey I guess they call me “Ray” for a reason.
Yeah, you are blind because it was 23, Swords who they kept putting in the back field last night. If they needed a yard I would be confident in giving it to Lattimore. Not a lot of holes opened last night for any of the Burg runners as that was one of the biggest D-lines they’ve played against, but they were able to get just enough yardage when they needed it.

13 put it on the ground twice last night and that can’t happen from here on out.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

No neutral sites after rd.1 and home field advantages are big for this years playoffs. The Wood by a couple td's @ home on grass.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"

Return to “Football”