RD 3: Johnstown Monroe 0 Ironton 42

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Re: RD 3: Johnstown Monroe (6-2) @ Ironton (7-0)

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Blitz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:20 am the transfer in question was voted off the team. he was not good for team moral. why would anyone in Burg not want him to play for Ironton. kid is a great athlete but too many issues follow him everywhere he goes. he is a drain on the team. Ironton is just now beginning to find this out. i have spoke to parents that have confirmed this... which is sad..... hopefully he can start fresh. would not surprise me one bit to find out it was a Ironton parent that turned him in... the parents i spoke with speculate this is the case as well
Curious to know what he did to make himself a drain to the team? Never heard any real hardcore problems in his time at West or Burg...other than he seems to be a bit arrogant and cocky, maybe his teammates didn’t like that. That said, it was 1000% burg affiliated that turned him in, let’s be real.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Noone finds it odd that he plays there 2 years and goes through almost the entire offseason and just before his replacement shows up, he's "Voted" off the team?

Purely Coincidental I'm sure.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:15 pm Noone finds it odd that he plays there 2 years and goes through almost the entire offseason and just before his replacement shows up, he's "Voted" off the team?

Not that is matters at this point but the kid who transferred was not going to start at QB this year. It would have been the sophomore #7 if it were between the two. Then the QB from Ashland came in and took the spot from the sophomore. The poll on social media on where to transfer didn't help his cause lol

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:31 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:15 pm Noone finds it odd that he plays there 2 years and goes through almost the entire offseason and just before his replacement shows up, he's "Voted" off the team?

Not that is matters at this point but the kid who transferred was not going to start at QB this year. It would have been the sophomore #7 if it were between the two. Then the QB from Ashland came in and took the spot from the sophomore. The poll on social media on where to transfer didn't help his cause lol
#7 isn't a Quarterback. Not in that offense anyways. He's stiff and not an accurate passer. He will play linebacker and spot packages on offense the rest of his time
Miller would've been the quarterback. And that comes from a coach in their program

#10 will be the next quarterback at Wheelersburg outside of a transfer

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:36 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:31 pm

#7 isn't a Quarterback. Not in that offense anyways. He's stiff and not an accurate passer. He will play linebacker and spot packages on offense the rest of his time
Miller would've been the quarterback. And that comes from a coach in their program

#10 will be the next quarterback at Wheelersburg outside of a transfer
I couldn't agree more with your assessment of #7. Don't think he would be the best option at QB. To my knowledge Millers status was still up in the air this offseason (from a terrible injury last year). At that time, I was told that #7 would have been it had it been between the two. Miller being available changes the landscape of that position.

#10 has shown some signs of solid QB play. He will need to develop as a passer if he want's the job next year, but honestly both #7 and #10 are in the same boat in regard to passing ability.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I realize how this conversation got to this point but please redirect the post back to the original topic. Is this a for sure fire win for ironton? Johnstown is a pretty strong program. Anyone know anything on them?

Any games online that fans could watch?

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Ironton should win again. They seem just as capable as last year if not more and the Johnnies seem to be a few steps behind. But I have seen crazy things happen before.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SEO Sports wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:17 pm Ironton should win again. They seem just as capable as last year if not more and the Johnnies seem to be a few steps behind. But I have seen crazy things happen before.
I agree. I’ve saw some of ironton online. Their run defense is really good. I think you have to pass to open up the run on them. From what I know of Johnstown, they run a lot.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Hard to run on Ironton, and pass if you don't practice it. I've head of players playing down hill before but Carrico makes a lot of players look like they are playing up hill and he is coming down hill. He shoots out of a cannon so quickly it is fun to watch him seek out a RB or QB

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Carrico is a legit D1 player. He's a man amongst boys at this level and should be as OSU Linebacker

Only team in this region capable of competing with them is Ridgewood and that's because they are skilled enough and have an offense capable of attacking other areas of the field away from him.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

The biggest reason this whole recruiting/transfer nonsense is a topic on this site is a combination of two things honestly.

1. A lot of the original posters on here are old and the game has evolved beyond them.

Example: for a good while I observed posters on here complain about 7 on 7 camps/drills and how they "couldnt tell anything" from them. Sadly, they miss how important 7 on 7's have become and continue to be as the game evolves to more of a wide receiver dominated game and the traditional use of running backs decreases. This is on every level.

And #2 Small town. = in almost every aspect people in this coverage area/demo are playing catch up per se w most of the more modernized parts of the country. Its not meant as a slight, its just facts.

That said, whatever ya wanna call it. Be it transfer, recruit, whatever. Its part of the game and it makes it fun and even more competitive. May the best programs win.

Now back to the subject.

Ironton BIG.

Too physical. Too deep.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

This topic became pitiful, shameful,
& Sadly....

Allowed.

#GoTgo

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

SEO Sports wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:26 pm Hard to run on Ironton, and pass if you don't practice it. I've head of players playing down hill before but Carrico makes a lot of players look like they are playing up hill and he is coming down hill. He shoots out of a cannon so quickly it is fun to watch him seek out a RB or QB
has Carrico been timed in the 40 or 100 meters?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:38 pm
SEO Sports wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:26 pm Hard to run on Ironton, and pass if you don't practice it. I've head of players playing down hill before but Carrico makes a lot of players look like they are playing up hill and he is coming down hill. He shoots out of a cannon so quickly it is fun to watch him seek out a RB or QB
has Carrico been timed in the 40 or 100 meters?
I believe his last timed 40 was a 4.57, that's been awhile ago though.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

You want to see how fast Carrico is watch the 89 yd td run in the Sycamore game. He is fast in pads for sure and also is as physical a back as you will see in high school. He runs as hard in the 4th quarter as he does in the 1st. He's a pretty good LB too. lol.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:27 pm This topic became pitiful, shameful,
& Sadly....

Allowed.

#GoTgo
The irony of a Burg fan complaining about another school recruiting. Next they will be complaining about a school using technology to steal plays :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

frankie wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:11 am You want to see how fast Carrico is watch the 89 yd td run in the Sycamore game. He is fast in pads for sure and also is as physical a back as you will see in high school. He runs as hard in the 4th quarter as he does in the 1st. He's a pretty good LB too. lol.
I watched that game. I saw his speed when going after a player that caught a pass coming outside from the backfield.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I look for this to be a stiffer game for ironton competition wise than most think here. as it should be at this point. go tigers , let's win this.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

On that play,the running back caught a screen pass out of the backfield.Carrico knocked him back literally 3 or 4 yards.Kudos to the young man for getting up.That was quite a lick.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

49-10 Ironton. Go tigers represent

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Football”