RD 3: Ready at Burg

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: RD 3: Ready at Burg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Series tied at 2-2

1990: 21-20 Ready
1991: 26-20 Ready
2002: 21-13 Burg
2017: 34-0 Burg

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Earthnormal87468
Waterboy

Post by Earthnormal87468 »

I feel like derrick lattimore will be key factor in this game feed him the ball he will eventually take it to the house i do however believe it will be a close game tho but i think burg def has advantage at home

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

From what I saw Saturday's game, if the Burg plays just as good this week, I'll expect this one to be around
Burg 34
Ready 14
I expect Gregg to air it out to his main target in Miller and make some big plays once more, and integrate some big Lattimore runs as well to seal this game and move on to a tough Ridgewood...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Lattimore needs to see the ball about 20-25 times a game. He is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches or he can get 4-5 yards a carry and eat up clock and for the life of me I don't understand why he is not in the backfield when they get inside the 10. He's averaging around 8yards a carry this year, give him the darn ball in the red zone. Kids going to get a complex and wonder why he isn't getting the ball in goal line situations.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:31 pm Lattimore needs to see the ball about 20-25 times a game. He is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches or he can get 4-5 yards a carry and eat up clock and for the life of me I don't understand why he is not in the backfield when they get inside the 10. He's averaging around 8yards a carry this year, give him the darn ball in the red zone. Kids going to get a complex and wonder why he isn't getting the ball in goal line situations.
Lattimore is going to be a very good back for Wheelersburg, and has already shown a good skillset but in my opinion, he has not learned to run behind his pads yet. At times he shows a burst into and out of the hole, and has very good quickness laterally, but I don't see him as a "pound the rock" running back (YET). He has good size already, and speed to go with it and if he can add some more physicality to his run game, he will be very very good.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:44 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:31 pm Lattimore needs to see the ball about 20-25 times a game. He is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches or he can get 4-5 yards a carry and eat up clock and for the life of me I don't understand why he is not in the backfield when they get inside the 10. He's averaging around 8yards a carry this year, give him the darn ball in the red zone. Kids going to get a complex and wonder why he isn't getting the ball in goal line situations.
Lattimore is going to be a very good back for Wheelersburg, and has already shown a good skillset but in my opinion, he has not learned to run behind his pads yet. At times he shows a burst into and out of the hole, and has very good quickness laterally, but I don't see him as a "pound the rock" running back (YET). He has good size already, and speed to go with it and if he can add some more physicality to his run game, he will be very very good.
You going to tell me he couldn't get 1-5 yards on a goal line situation? I don't believe that for a second.

Take the Waverly game, right before half they ran 4 straight plays from the 6 inch line, then the 5, then the 3 and then the 2. You're telling me he would not have scored from any of those positions?? Even if he bounces it outside one player is not going to bring him down.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:46 pm
You going to tell me he couldn't get 1-5 yards on a goal line situation? I don't believe that for a second.

Take the Waverly game, right before half they ran 4 straight plays from the 6 inch line, then the 5, then the 3 and then the 2. You're telling me he would not have scored from any of those positions?? Even if he bounces it outside one player is not going to bring him down.
I'm not arguing calls made earlier in the season, or saying he would or would not score. Just making an observation. I'd like to think any back would be able to get 1-5 yards on the goal line with a good push up front but as we both know that doesn't always happen. Waverly made a great play. It is what it is.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:46 pm

I'm not arguing calls made earlier in the season, or saying he would or would not score. Just making an observation. I'd like to think any back would be able to get 1-5 yards on the goal line with a good push up front but as we both know that doesn't always happen. Waverly made a great play. It is what it is.

I'm not trying to argue with you either. I just find it odd that he is not out there especially after they run him to death to get there and then take him out for a lineman!!!!! I know if that was me I would be ticked off. I think I would want to keep him happy and make he sure he wants to stay.

Kind of like how the Bears did Walter Payton in the Super Bowl. He did all the work and then they put in the Fridge. Payton never got to score a TD in the Super Bowl and he brought it up years later before he died. He wasn't happy with that.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Ready in a close one !!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this could be epic. go burg.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Miller has to get more touches

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Fellas I’m scrambling to find the reasoning in these comments with a team that averages 42.5 points a game.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I have only seen Burg this year on film. Seen 3 of Ready's game on film and once in person. I think Burg takes this one 35-14.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

25 carries a game is a lot of carries.
especially against good competition. Running 25 times against Oak Hill is one thing, but 25 carries against tougher Regional opponents is a big ask. He has great upside though. Any D1 schools looking at him? Is he as good as the Carter kid from Ironton?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:41 am
25 carries a game is a lot of carries.
especially against good competition. Running 25 times against Oak Hill is one thing, but 25 carries against tougher Regional opponents is a big ask. He has great upside though. Any D1 schools looking at him? Is he as good as the Carter kid from Ironton?
I have not seen Carter really play but lattimore in my opinion could be the best back burg has ever had. Now he still has work to do but he’s short, big body and low to the ground but with explosive bursting speed. He’s not a shifty back. He’s a power runner. His twin brother is more of that mold. He doesn’t have break away speed but he’s fast enough that if he’s a step on a defender, he’s not going to get caught but he’s not going to pull away. The two lattimore kids are going to be really good football players for the burg.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think it really just depends on how the QB from Ashland and the RB from Dayton can avoid pressure to make plays...

:lol: :lol:

All jokes aside... I'll take BigBlueNation's word for it, he seems to have done enough research to know how this matchup shakes out.

I'll go with Burg by 2 touchdowns, 28-14..

.... and if so that sets up a really fun showdown with Ridgewood! Would love to see that one.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:33 am I think it really just depends on how the QB from Ashland and the RB from Dayton can avoid pressure to make plays...

All jokes aside... I'll take BigBlueNation's word for it, he seems to have done enough research to know how this matchup shakes out.

.... and if so that sets up a really fun showdown with Ridgewood! Would love to see that one.
I am 100 percent the RB's started school at Burg. Mom got a job at out of town but, then moved back.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:33 am I think it really just depends on how the QB from Ashland and the RB from Dayton can avoid pressure to make plays...

We'll if they can't get it done they can bring in the Portsmouth/West Quarterback and hand it to the other Portsmouth Kid or throw it to the Ironton kid

Ready is probably good enough to keep it close so little playing time for the Paternal Wheelersburg Players this week

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Jake and Derrick will do just fine with the pressure, as a matter of fact, they will thrive, go Burg

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

wobycat wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:51 am have not seen Carter really play but lattimore in my opinion could be the best back burg has ever had. Now he still has work to do but he’s short, big body and low to the ground but with explosive bursting speed. He’s not a shifty back. He’s a power runner. His twin brother is more of that mold. He doesn’t have break away speed but he’s fast enough that if he’s a step on a defender, he’s not going to get caught but he’s not going to pull away. The two lattimore kids are going to be really good football players for the burg.
Those 2 along with Sanderlin, Arthur and Jones are going to be a great group the next 2 years. Extremely strong sophomore class.

Return to “Football”