RD 2 : Tri Valley (6-1) @ Jackson (5-1)

countywide35
SEOP

Re: RD 2 : Tri Valley (6-1) @ Jackson (5-1)

Post by countywide35 »

teach1coach2 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 pm
teach1coach2 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:51 pm Some random thoughts:

Tri-Valley should be the best defense Jackson has faced this year. Linebackers have quickness and tackle well. DBs cover pretty well and will fight for the interception when possible. Besides Sheridan, 16 is the most points the defense has allowed by a first team.

Tri-Valley will not have a better line than Jackson. They will fight to be as close to a stalemate as possible. Tri-Valley has won a couple games this year where the line play for the other team was better, but Tri-Valley D kept the other team's score below what the offense could produce.

Tri-Valley has a 3 year starter at QB. As a sophomore he was something special. Was not healthy his whole junior year and the first 5 games this year was not in the groove. Has been back to sophomore form the last couple weeks. He scrambles well to keep passing plays alive.

One running back is a bruiser and usually breaks a couple tackles before going down, if he does get in the open he has good speed. The other running back has great speed and flashy moves. Some games he looks great and other games is a non-factor.

Sheridan has lost to Tri-Valley 11 of the last 15 years. Before that Sheridan owned Tri-Valley. The Sheridan seniors are a very talented group and they had never beat Tri-Valley. The game was 6-0 at half. The second half Tri-Valley got it's ass beat and some players didn't give much effort. They (mostly seniors) found themselves on the bench the next game. Since then, some fought hard to get their job back and some lost it for good to a good sophomore class.

Jackson had their "Sheridan moment" at the end of the Chilli game. You have to believe a maximum effort is coming no matter the score.

Although this is not one of the best Tri-Valley teams since the program took off in 2006, it is a very good team and the kids expect to win. The freshmen were standing on the sideline three years ago when Tri-Valley beat Hartley, Akron St V St M and lost by 8 to Trotwood in a state championship game.

This may be one of the best match ups in the state for week 8. Should be a lot of fun for the kids. Both teams work all year for an opportunity like this. If Jackson wins, I wish them the best against Hartley..........still like Tri-Valley in a close game.

I think my analysis was pretty much on for this one. I can't imagine there were many playoffs games tonight that were as competitive as this one.

Spot on

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Certainly hope the young man is OK. It was a heck of a catch at a big time.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

God speed TV vs Hartley

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just got back to C-bus from Jackson. Good hard hitting game with 2 evenly matched teams. Big turnovers for both teams evened out.
(I was watching the Wolford kid from the field level on Tri-Valley's sideline and he's going to be something special the next 3 years if he stays healthy).

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:06 pm Just got back to C-bus from Jackson. Good hard hitting game with 2 evenly matched teams. Big turnovers for both teams evened out.
(I was watching the Wolford kid from the field level on Tri-Valley's sideline and he's going to be something special the next 3 years if he stays healthy).

Yes. He will be a good one.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:06 pm Just got back to C-bus from Jackson. Good hard hitting game with 2 evenly matched teams. Big turnovers for both teams evened out.

Yes. He will be a good one.
Wolford will be good if they use him the correct way. He has to have the ball on the outside. He cannot run between the tackles and shouldn't. That's where Spires and Winters should be running the ball. IMO this game would have been a lot different if Winters wasn't hurt. We needed a big playmaker. Prater needed the ball more. Unfortunately it wasn't Jackson's night. They played hard to the end. Congrats to the seniors for four great years. Next year will definitely be fun to watch with all the skilled players back and a very good group of young OLs that will be ready to play.

bear211
Riding the Bench

Post by bear211 »

Great game by both teams!

TV is a great football team with a great football program. Showed plenty of weapons. I thought TV defense got to the ball very well and got stops when they needed them. Hopefully they can give BH a run for their money.

Jackson played well in the 2nd half, 1st half not so much. They too have many weapons. Most returning for next year. I’ve never heard of a Jackson program having that many receivers making that many plays.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

bear211 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:03 am Jackson played well in the 2nd half, 1st half not so much. They too have many weapons. Most returning for next year. I’ve never heard of a Jackson program having that many receivers making that many plays.
Jackson is loaded with skill players right now, which is somewhat atypical for us. Not to say we haven't had great skill players in the past, but we usually are very reliant on a physical offensive line and running the football. Throwing the ball all over the place is not something you see very often at Jackson, but there will definitely be more of that in the near future.

The Ironmen will be returning a lot of talent at the skill positions for next season. I think the offensive line struggled at times this year, but if they can be consistent next year, then Jackson will be very good. Let's hope that the 2021 season is a normal one and we get to see 10+ games for the Ironmen.

Overall, I definitely feel like Jackson was capable of winning the last two games, but they just didn't make the key plays, and committed too many costly turnovers. Can't do that against good football teams, especially one like TV. I know there were high expectations for this team, both from fans and from themselves. Sometimes things don't work out as expected, but the future is bright for sure. As I said last night also, the senior class accomplished a lot and should hold their heads high. They won an outright FAC title, shared another title, went to the playoffs four times (for those that played varsity as freshmen), and also got white jackets for a rare perfect season last year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson probably should have played during the bye week.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Proud of all the players for a great effort last night. Seniors thank you for all your service. As mentioned previously you won 2 League titles , played in 5 post season games , and had a perfect season. Well done.

This season was very strange mostly due to Covid and not even knowing if there would be a season , then the season was shortened, no scrimmages, limited fans ect. Not just for Jackson , was hard for every program. Glad the kids got to play 8 games .

Jackson has 3 deep classes in a row coming back. If the kids buy in and get in the weight room and get stronger and faster, next year could be very special. Jackson replaces many 2-3 year starters this year and while they may have left a few wins out there , the kids got some valuable varsity experience. Get some kids healed up and healthy. “If” this group of talent will agree to buy in and do what’s necessary to go toe to toe with the big boys of region 11 I think Jackson could be set for another week 12 showdown with a region 11 heavyweight.

I saw the light switch turn on for a few kids last night. We need to build depth on the line . Need 7-8 varsity strong linemen , always need that depth. Jackson will always have a heavy package that will require 1-2 extra linemen . If that’s your role embrace it and excell at it.

Jackson should have depth to be 2 deep and rotate a lot of football players at most positions. I’m a big believer in finding kids a role and making them feel it’s the most important role on the field.

Hopefully the kids will be able to get started in the weight room in January . I know these last 2 games will leave the returning kids hungry for more.

Go Ironmen !

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

Looks like next years non conference schedule will be

Logan
Western brown
Ironton
Wheelersburg
Licking Valley

Nice

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jackson Football wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:18 pm Looks like next years non conference schedule will be

Logan
Western brown
Ironton
Wheelersburg
Licking Valley

Nice
Didn't know we were picking up Ironton and dropping Athens, but I'm good with it.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

ironman02 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:05 pm
Jackson Football wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:18 pm Looks like next years non conference schedule will be

Logan
Western brown
Ironton
Wheelersburg
Licking Valley

Nice
Didn't know we were picking up Ironton and dropping Athens, but I'm good with it.
Word I received is Athens dropped Jackson.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Evan Spires was pretty seriously injured last night and the kid fought like a true Ironmen player. Collapsed lung, broken sternum, broken ribs....prayers for a complete and speedy recovery. Get well young man.

Return to “Football”