RD2: Western Brown @ Bishop Hartley

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

RD2: Western Brown @ Bishop Hartley

Post by sapientia et veritas »

I watched the WB game against Athens. And I watched the WB shootout against Clinton Massie. The 15 seed is a vast under-rating because the voters never heard of them.

I think this could be a trap game.

The WB quarterback is a fantastic player. He sees the whole field. If you give him room to run, he will see it and beat you with his legs. If you give him time to pass, he will find and connect with one of 4-6 receivers. He's got a quick release, and gets a lot of rotation on the ball. Most of the in-completions were passes that the receivers should have hauled in.

He reminds me of Brody Hoying at Coldwater and Jay Kauffman from 2016 Ottawa-Glandorf, both of whom had the same qualities. The Broncos look to have a fairly stout offensive line. The Hawks 3 man front are going to have keep pressure on Nowak all night and somebody has to stay home to contain the run option. Assuming that the sophomore doesn't measure up to Watterson's Jacob Hoying is probably just pro-Catholic bias.

Hawks are down two offensive linemen, including the Ohio University recruit Jake Skelly who is out for the season with cancer. The backups have got to play their best. Hawks should have advantage with physicality but so did Clinton Massie. Speed might make a difference.

What say SEOPsers?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: RD2: Western Brown @ Bishop Hartley

Post by Raider6309 »

Hartley 63
Western Brown 42

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Hartley 35-20. No way that WB is going to keep Hartley’s offense off the field and scoreboard if their scores vs Clinton-Massie, New Richmond and Wilmington are any indication.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m guessing the QB will be playing in the GCL next year

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:02 pm I’m guessing the QB will be playing in the GCL next year
That would be a smart move. LaSalle is going to need a strong backfill.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’d say Moe. Make Moeller Great Again

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hartley will game plan wisely for the young QB. There will be no 40, 50, 60 points scored by them this week.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:56 pm Hartley will game plan wisely for the young QB. There will be no 40, 50, 60 points scored by them this week.
So 70?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:07 pm I watched the WB game against Athens. And I watched the WB shootout against Clinton Massie. The 15 seed is a vast under-rating because the voters never heard of them.

I think this could be a trap game.

The WB quarterback is a fantastic player. He sees the whole field. If you give him room to run, he will see it and beat you with his legs. If you give him time to pass, he will find and connect with one of 4-6 receivers. He's got a quick release, and gets a lot of rotation on the ball. Most of the in-completions were passes that the receivers should have hauled in.

He reminds me of Brody Hoying at Coldwater and Jay Kauffman from 2016 Ottawa-Glandorf, both of whom had the same qualities. The Broncos look to have a fairly stout offensive line. The Hawks 3 man front are going to have keep pressure on Nowak all night and somebody has to stay home to contain the run option. Assuming that the sophomore doesn't measure up to Watterson's Jacob Hoying is probably just pro-Catholic bias.

Hawks are down two offensive linemen, including the Ohio University recruit Jake Skelly who is out for the season with cancer. The backups have got to play their best. Hawks should have advantage with physicality but so did Clinton Massie. Speed might make a difference.

What say SEOPsers?
Not sure bout the hoying reference. Brody was a runner this kid is tall and not too strong or Mobile . Good passer with lot of big targets. They were able to put up points on massie. I’ll take the hawks ground game by three scores or more

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

WB could shock the world.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Hawks are going to be fired up to #Win For Woo. Defensive line coach Chuck Wooten started assistant coaching at Hartley in 1995 and retired after 2016 season. Son is a Hartley grad who is the wide receivers coach. Long time fixture on the sidelines - he was the guy who always wore the white towel. He returned after a few years of retirement and was looking forward to coaching for his grandson's team. He passed away yesterday.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hartley has one of the best coaches in the state and I am 99.9% sure he finds away to lead his team to another home win.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

WB has surprised a lot of people, probably were not seeded exactly right given the hindsight. They have executed their game plan on almost all of their opponents. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth, let's see what happens to their offensive game plan when they get hit.

Hartley by 10-14 I think...but the wisdom and truth guy as usual gets it right and identifies this as a quasi-trap game.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Certainly think Hartley will win handily but interested in seeing how WB QB does against the better competition. I have seen him live twice over the past 2 years and is fun to watch.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

65-14
Final

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

sapientia et veritas wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:07 pmI think this could be a trap game.
Guess not. Three man front apparently contained the phenom.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:28 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:56 pm Hartley will game plan wisely for the young QB. There will be no 40, 50, 60 points scored by them this week.
So 70?
Nope, just 14 (Final: Hartley 65 - WB 14)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Region 11 is a Catholic party. We need those Harbins back :lol:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:25 pm Region 11 is a Catholic party. We need those Harbins back :lol:
Athens, Glouster and Buchtel could approach the diocese about a high school with feeders combining St. Paul, Christ the King, Holy Cross and St. Mary of the Hills. That area could become a D7 contender yearly if enough families & kids bought in. :?: :D

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:42 am
Raider6309 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:25 pm Region 11 is a Catholic party. We need those Harbins back :lol:
Athens, Glouster and Buchtel could approach the diocese about a high school with feeders combining St. Paul, Christ the King, Holy Cross and St. Mary of the Hills. That area could become a D7 contender yearly if enough families & kids bought in. :?: :D
I know a school they can attend.

Return to “Football”