This is ALL crazy !!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: This is ALL crazy !!!!!

Post by wobycat »

Tiger78 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:31 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:01 pm
mikepike wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:47 pm

I was told yesterday that Scioto County had over 30 new positives yesterday alone! And that, in a discussion with the Governor's office for guidance, was told there was no guidance! If Scioto Co. does go to purple, people are going to have to make some tough decisions.
30 cases because of football? Why are we increasing. We’ve had a mask mandate for two months now
A mask mandates and social distancing requirements are
useless if folks don't follow the order. It's nothing but selfishness
Some can’t follow the order as it’s detrimental to their health. So selfishness may be a broad stroke there. Further more most people have been wearing a mask, more than people who aren’t so the cases shouldn’t be on the rise at least considering that fact.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

nice guy wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:34 am CDC new stats:
.13% mortality rate in the world for covid
.11% morality rate for seasonal flu.

Enough said. The overreaction continues.
And with that the defense rests its case, Your Honor!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Let me clarify what I posted earlier. The rise I was told about is not related to football, but apparently to an event at the fairgrounds in Lucasville. My question is if the numbers are rising in the county, will the county teams still be allowed to play in the playoffs? Piketon’s game with Westfall was cancelled a couple of weeks ago by Westfall because Pike County was in the red.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

.11% mortality rate in the world for seasonal flu.

Game, Set, Match

.......and the Covid numbers are inflated.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

petesweaty wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:17 pm
.11% mortality rate in the world for seasonal flu.

Game, Set, Match

.......and the Covid numbers are inflated.
Fact

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Haven't wore a mask yet. Go all over the place without wearing one. Will not put one on. Have yet to contract the Wu-Flu.... there are myriad other issues that if people would be half as concerned with as they are wearing a fn mask, would actually bring positive change in the world. But y'all keep wearing your chin diapers.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

PistolPete7 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:01 pm Haven't wore a mask yet. Go all over the place without wearing one. Will not put one on. Have yet to contract the Wu-Flu.... there are myriad other issues that if people would be half as concerned with as they are wearing a fn mask, would actually bring positive change in the world. But y'all keep wearing your chin diapers.
Good for you. You’re still not watching games in-person this year.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

It's entirely political

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

mikepike wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:58 pm Let me clarify what I posted earlier. The rise I was told about is not related to football, but apparently to an event at the fairgrounds in Lucasville. My question is if the numbers are rising in the county, will the county teams still be allowed to play in the playoffs? Piketon’s game with Westfall was cancelled a couple of weeks ago by Westfall because Pike County was in the red.
I'd like to know how the health department approved trade days, what a joke!

rubberbiscut
Waterboy

Post by rubberbiscut »

All this 6 game BS is so Ohsaa can get their $$$$ if it had anything to do with the safety of the players Ohsaa wouldn't have let schools continue on with a 10 game schedule after losing in the playoffs. Everything nowadays is about the $$$$$$$$$ Ohsaa got to Dewine ( who I don't think is a good Gov. And I'm a republican) and pressured him into this. So then Ohsaa Jack's the ticket prices so( Yep you guessed it ) so they get their $$$$$ just my opinion.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:20 pm
PistolPete7 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:01 pm Haven't wore a mask yet. Go all over the place without wearing one. Will not put one on. Have yet to contract the Wu-Flu.... there are myriad other issues that if people would be half as concerned with as they are wearing a fn mask, would actually bring positive change in the world. But y'all keep wearing your chin diapers.
Wrong. Attended a Hillsboro game. No mask. A Paint Valley game. No mask. A Greenfield game. No mask. Now go a be a male Karen and complain ab it. Some of us, and i know it's hard to believe, aren't sheep.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:35 pm
Wrong. Attended a Hillsboro game. No mask. A Paint Valley game. No mask. A Greenfield game. No mask. Now go a be a male Karen and complain ab it. Some of us, and i know it's hard to believe, aren't sheep.
Get em pete

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:35 pm
Sure, you did. :lol:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Sounds like this is the place to come to for any advice on COVID 19. Obviously more qualified here.
Awhile back I heard it would be gone in early November. Is that accurate info or not. Thanks in advance.

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

Also heard that it isn’t real? Yeah it is completely political, although both sides of the political spectrum have been affected. Second wave is going to crush Ohio.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Thanos wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:45 am Also heard that it isn’t real? Yeah it is completely political, although both sides of the political spectrum have been affected. Second wave is going to crush Ohio.
Why would Ohio have a second wave? We’ve been having a mask mandate for over two months now. If anything, according to logic, we should be going down.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:20 am
Thanos wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:45 am Also heard that it isn’t real? Yeah it is completely political, although both sides of the political spectrum have been affected. Second wave is going to crush Ohio.
Why would Ohio have a second wave? We’ve been having a mask mandate for over two months now. If anything, according to logic, we should be going down.

It is going down and has been. That’s why they track cases now and not deaths and hospitalizations. Makes it sound worse with the bigger numbers

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:32 pm
nice guy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:46 pm Football should count their self lucky. Spring sports did not get to play at all. :|
Yeah or the winter sports. Imagine being Fort Frye girls. Get to state and then the season is canceled. Was hoping to see Athens make a state run in baseball but COVID won
Same thing with the wheelersburg softball team. They were favored to win state

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Just make sure you wear your chin diapers. Especially as you walk to your restaurant table. Covid cannot and will not get you when you're eating.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

What I find incredibly eye opening is:

I’m a sommelier/waiter within Epcot in Orlando.
We have been JAM PACKED THE past 4 years especially compared to the 21 previous years!
I have worked at WDW For nearly 25-years and I’ve seen it all.

I worked until the day we shut down, 3/15/2020.

I am, by no means blaming anyone or stereotyping with what I am posting.

Once Covid-19 shutdown happened, and we became furloughed, each group of cast members formed their own groups on Facebook.
EX:
Attractions
Resorts
Bartenders
Servers
Bus drivers
Etc.

We all could become members and read what was going on.

When I’m waiting tables, & not teaching class about Wine & alcohol knowledge, it’s at a very busy Epcot restaurant.(NOT NOW OF COURSE & I was lucky enough to survive this round of layoffs)!
Thank the Good Lord!

We USED TO serve about 2100 guests for lunch and dinner combined daily, year round.

The restaurant I work in is themed to be underwater.
No windows. Low ceilings. Quite large and spread out, but very dark.

Back to the FB clubs...

Out of all the groups formed, only one cast member has reported an exposure ONLY since we re-opened & during our first outbreak in Fl early summer, only 1 out of 68,000 cast members that I know of got Covid & admitted it.
She video documented her experience, which I do believe her & she posted for all to see.
Many ppl are unfairly now accusing her of political stunt as she is a union Representative, but someone I know casually.
It’s hard for me to fathom, she’d go to the lengths she did to video her experience while being a single parent with two pre-teens on 5-months of unemployment & such a stressful time.

It took me 3 months to get my first unemployment check & it was a FT JOB to do so.

Trust me, it’s a small world,-no pun intended-
& if there was a covid issue, we’d all know and share info to help/protect one another.

We have a union contract to protect our jobs specifically for covid.

How can over 68,000 cast members across four theme parks & all the resorts, have almost NO covid numbers?

I live in the Same home since 1998 & know all my neighbors well, VERY WELL!
Police officer
Pilot
Flight attendants
Tipped workers across Orlando tourism..

No one knows anyone that has gotten covid.

I’ll consider all of us blessed from GOD & in GOD I strongly believe and trust.

But, something is awry!

Return to “Football”