Ironton JV defeats Wheelersburg JV 20-8

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton JV defeats Wheelersburg JV 20-8

Post by Taylormade »

It was cold,it was rainy,Ironton recruits,Pendleton complains every play ...blah,blah,blah
Have any of you Burg posters ever stepped into a jockstrap and actually played the game? Bunch of cry babies

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Taylormade wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:59 pm It was cold,it was rainy,Ironton recruits,Pendleton complains every play ...blah,blah,blah
Have any of you Burg posters ever stepped into a jockstrap and actually played the game? Bunch of cry babies
😂😂

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Taylormade wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:59 pm It was cold,it was rainy,Ironton recruits,Pendleton complains every play ...blah,blah,blah
Your first three points were spot on. Nice work. :lol:

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

JV teams very if one team has numbers and if they have Juniors and Seniors playing varsity

Some of the most talented players around are Freshmen and Sophomores. If they're playing varsity, they aren't playing JV

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Was this Ironton's A or B JV team?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This means about as much as preseason scrimmage results, possibly ranks with the question how did a 7-7 go?? With kids moving up, kids out, kids moving around it's just pointless to view this with any meaning. Especially with the weather so heavily involved

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:54 am This means about as much as preseason scrimmage results, possibly ranks with the question how did a 7-7 go?? With kids moving up, kids out, kids moving around it's just pointless to view this with any meaning. Especially with the weather so heavily involved
It was too involved. It couldn’t be fun for the kids. Anyone can go back and watch it. I think it’s on YouTube. You’ll see how it bad was for burg the first three series. Not to mention they lost two Squibb kicks. Ironton had trouble too but the ball bounced back into the QB a couple of times. Burg scored from two yards out off of a bad punt snap. Someone mentioned the weather was an excuse but it was for both teams. The ball was drenched and the rain was very windy and didn’t let up.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Y’all are wild. Not saying JV or any level of football besides Varsity and above are meaningless, because they mean something to those kids, parents and coaches. But who wins what at those levels don’t always tell the future when it comes time to play varsity. It’s a good sign if you are having success before Varsity, but there a lot of programs around here that don’t have success until they hit the varsity level. There are a lot of things that factor into why that is as well.

And I’m just speaking in general, not just about Burg or Ironton.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:25 am Y’all are wild. Not saying JV or any level of football besides Varsity and above are meaningless, because they mean something to those kids, parents and coaches. But who wins what at those levels don’t always tell the future when it comes time to play varsity. It’s a good sign if you are having success before Varsity, but there a lot of programs around here that don’t have success until they hit the varsity level. There are a lot of things that factor into why that is as well.

I agree. But the lower levels are good developing areas for kids that aren’t there yet.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

wobycat wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:43 am
MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:25 am Y’all are wild. Not saying JV or any level of football besides Varsity and above are meaningless, because they mean something to those kids, parents and coaches. But who wins what at those levels don’t always tell the future when it comes time to play varsity. It’s a good sign if you are having success before Varsity, but there a lot of programs around here that don’t have success until they hit the varsity level. There are a lot of things that factor into why that is as well.

I agree. But the lower levels are good developing areas for kids that aren’t there yet.
Absolutely. My thought has always been, for any level below Varsity it’s all about development. Whether it’s developing skill, knowledge of the game, terminology or understanding the schemes and plays that they will be running when they get to high school. Those should always be #1 priority to the coaches and winning second in pee wee, jr high, etc. I’d rather see my Jr high or JV team lose running the same schemes the HS does than see them win running something they never will once they reach Varsity.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Post by Tristate all stars »

Who won the flag game Saturday between ironton and ashland🤦🏻‍♂️

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tristate all stars wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:42 am Who won the flag game Saturday between ironton and ashland🤦🏻‍♂️
Sounds like you must already know, enlighten the rest of us that don’t.

Return to “Football”