Waterboy

Re: WK5 SOC1 Chip Northwest - Beaver Eastern

Post by mohawkfan01 »

And for anyone questioning Coach Crabtree’s coaching, it’s 42-12

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Final was 42-20, Northwest showed up like a team ready to play for a championship. Eagles scored 2 Tds off Northwest turnovers, Northwest really handled that Eagles offense with ease tonight, simply no answer to that Northwest defense or running game TOP was huge in Mohawks favor. Congrats to Northwest on a piece of the championship and will be playing SV for an outright claim to the title.

sportsfanscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanscioto »

mohawkfan01 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 pm If you think you know so much about the Northwest football coach let me give you a quick history lesson, the previous coach won SIX games in 3 season. Northwest coach won six games in his first season?? so how is that a downgrade in coaching?? that just shows your uneducated in football or hell even numbers to say the least. if our coach was so classless we would have beat east 100-0 and green 100-0 but no, we pulled our starters in the second quarter, so before you go running your mouth go look at the stat line. what do they say? stats do not lie, educated yourself before you make a fool out of yourself. if you know it all, why didn’t you apply to be the coach? you have all the answers get off your butt and go coach.
If the previous coach had this much talent and only won 6 games in 3 seasons he deserved to be replaced. I didn’t see this amount of talent during those seasons but my vision may be impaired. I just wish the district could have put their reputation aside and hired a qualified Candidate rather than their buddy and classmate. Watching this game tonight was exciting. Campbell outscored eastern himself. He may be best back in area. Along with brackman And Lintz maybe best backfield in area. Where is Rivers and Nunley? The line? Also top notch. Athletes everywhere. Townsend, Crabtree, Zumbro. They should be able to make it to 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs. For SOC 1 maybe most loaded team ever. The question is consistency and that usually comes down to coaching. This week was easy these threads predicting losses to inferior teams helps a coach motivate. Hopefully the players keep playing to potential. Let’s hope to these threads continue to predict losses and motivate these young athletes to prove themselves. We know the coach won’t ( Valley , Notre dame). Unfortunately I know they have the disadvantage of having a jr high coach. But I wish them the best. As far as applying I’m glad you agree it needs to be posted but unfortunately I don’t meet the requirements, I’m not related to any administrators or am I am their good friend. I also didn’t graduate with any board members and I dont attend beachfork church. So I’ll just hope for the best with the predicament we find our selves in as far as coaching goes. Good luck Mohawks keep your heads high and rock the playoffs but please don’t over look symmes valley. This is our chance we have the odds in our favor. Overcome, believe, and achieve.

PS… I don’t know that they could have beat green or East 100-0. Yes they are loaded but with maximum effort they were only able to be up 48-0 at half. Maybe next year? 10 TDS in a game by one player?

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Northwest is not winning a playoff game. Please stop with the jokes.

mohawkfan01
Waterboy

Post by mohawkfan01 »

@sportsfanscioto once again, shows how uneducated you really are. the coach doesn’t attend beachfork, or have family on the board. and the coach prior had the same kids and heck maybe even better at some positions. rivers quit the team nunley has been out because he tore his ACL

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:12 pm Final was 42-20, Northwest showed up like a team ready to play for a championship. Eagles scored 2 Tds off Northwest turnovers, Northwest really handled that Eagles offense with ease tonight, simply no answer to that Northwest defense or running game TOP was huge in Mohawks favor. Congrats to Northwest on a piece of the championship and will be playing SV for an outright claim to the title.
Started a freshman tonight at center. That may have had something to do with the 2 fumbles. Handled himself pretty well i thought.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Congratulations Coach Crabtree, the staff and to the kids. There will always be crazies, unfortunately. Just focus on winning this thing outright next week. Let the “pros” continue to chirp.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Surprised, but glad NW got a good win and are in the driver's seat. I said earlier this week they had no identity, hopefully they found it tonite. Caveat is, this schedule doesn't help them in the tournament.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

bfry wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:29 pm Congratulations Coach Crabtree, the staff and to the kids. There will always be crazies, unfortunately. Just focus on winning this thing outright next week. Let the “pros” continue to chirp.
Absolutely.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

sportsfanscioto wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 pm
mohawkfan01 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 pm If you think you know so much about the Northwest football coach let me give you a quick history lesson, the previous coach won SIX games in 3 season. Northwest coach won six games in his first season?? so how is that a downgrade in coaching?? that just shows your uneducated in football or hell even numbers to say the least. if our coach was so classless we would have beat east 100-0 and green 100-0 but no, we pulled our starters in the second quarter, so before you go running your mouth go look at the stat line. what do they say? stats do not lie, educated yourself before you make a fool out of yourself. if you know it all, why didn’t you apply to be the coach? you have all the answers get off your butt and go coach.
If the previous coach had this much talent and only won 6 games in 3 seasons he deserved to be replaced. I didn’t see this amount of talent during those seasons but my vision may be impaired. I just wish the district could have put their reputation aside and hired a qualified Candidate rather than their buddy and classmate. Watching this game tonight was exciting. Campbell outscored eastern himself. He may be best back in area. Along with brackman And Lintz maybe best backfield in area. Where is Rivers and Nunley? The line? Also top notch. Athletes everywhere. Townsend, Crabtree, Zumbro. They should be able to make it to 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs. For SOC 1 maybe most loaded team ever. The question is consistency and that usually comes down to coaching. This week was easy these threads predicting losses to inferior teams helps a coach motivate. Hopefully the players keep playing to potential. Let’s hope to these threads continue to predict losses and motivate these young athletes to prove themselves. We know the coach won’t ( Valley , Notre dame). Unfortunately I know they have the disadvantage of having a jr high coach. But I wish them the best. As far as applying I’m glad you agree it needs to be posted but unfortunately I don’t meet the requirements, I’m not related to any administrators or am I am their good friend. I also didn’t graduate with any board members and I dont attend beachfork church. So I’ll just hope for the best with the predicament we find our selves in as far as coaching goes. Good luck Mohawks keep your heads high and rock the playoffs but please don’t over look symmes valley. This is our chance we have the odds in our favor. Overcome, believe, and achieve.

PS… I don’t know that they could have beat green or East 100-0. Yes they are loaded but with maximum effort they were only able to be up 48-0 at half. Maybe next year? 10 TDS in a game by one player?
That's Beech Fork Church by the way. lol

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 2020 Northwest 42 - 20 Beaver Eastern

Post by mattash »

Northwest 42 - 20 Beaver Eastern

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Apparently Crabtree could win a state title & cure Covid & some people would still hate him. I was on the committee that hired him two years ago and he was the best candidate. We felt like this wouldn’t be a stepping stone job for him, he wouldn’t win with a talented couple of classes and leave. We knew he would create excitement & stability in the program and with the new facilities that was important. More importantly we knew he would hold his men to higher standards. Congrats Coach Crabtree and Mohawk Nation

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Shoedaddy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:18 am Apparently Crabtree could win a state title & cure Covid & some people would still hate him. I was on the committee that hired him two years ago and he was the best candidate. We felt like this wouldn’t be a stepping stone job for him, he wouldn’t win with a talented couple of classes and leave. We knew he would create excitement & stability in the program and with the new facilities that was important. More importantly we knew he would hold his men to higher standards. Congrats Coach Crabtree and Mohawk Nation
Great insight into a hire that ppl rarely see, good post.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

The loaded NW team showed up to play in this one.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Shoedaddy wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:18 am Apparently Crabtree could win a state title & cure Covid & some people would still hate him. I was on the committee that hired him two years ago and he was the best candidate. We felt like this wouldn’t be a stepping stone job for him, he wouldn’t win with a talented couple of classes and leave. We knew he would create excitement & stability in the program and with the new facilities that was important. More importantly we knew he would hold his men to higher standards. Congrats Coach Crabtree and Mohawk Nation
Big win for the Mohawks!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Congrats to the Northwest Football team!! They beat a team with more skilled players the old-fashion way! They beat them up in the trenches! Coach Crabtree put his kids in a position to win and they won. That is what a “Coach” is suppose to do. Coach Crabtree definitely won that battle last night.

A coach knows it about the kids. He doesn’t have to self-promote. Coach Crabtree did it the right way and it definitely showed last night.

But last night’s win only means an SOC Championship if they can beat Symmes Valley next week! If they beat SV at SV then they win it outright! Wishing nothing but the best for Northwest next week.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Northwest winning the SOC I is the equivalent of being a senior on the JV basketball team and being the leading scorer. And that's sad

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Bill Crabtree is doing a good job, you can tell he is truly invested and loves the NW program. NW is a school and program I have always rooted for behind the scenes unless of course they were playing my Falcons. I've always had a soft spot for Mohawk Country and wish them well, win the whole thing next week.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Finally got over the hump it appears, great job! Seems like the offense has finally found an identity.

Return to “Football”