SEOP

Re: WK5 Piketon - Westfall

Post by mlittle »

Was this Piketon’s senior night?

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

Post by Westfallmustang »

It is not just your team. They did it to their own team. Kids are all pissed off. And as for a the crap about playoffs I’d say it has no relevance on the situation. As I stated before they are real strict with the guidelines here and do everything to the letter, even if I hate it. Sucks for your team and ours, but that’s the time we’re in at the moment. If you want to be mad be mad at your health department that moved your county to red. Or the people in the community that don’t wear masks or wash their hands and spread the virus that makes your community red. As icing on the cake and as dumb as it sounds we’re looking for a team to play that is not in a covid hot zone. :oops:

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

Not 100 percent sure but isn’t there something that stated on the Governor go back to school post that if your county is red you have to go to virtual learning as well? Might be something that you guys will have to do starting next week.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Westfallmustang wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:29 pm Not 100 percent sure but isn’t there something that stated on the Governor go back to school post that if your county is red you have to go to virtual learning as well? Might be something that you guys will have to do starting next week.
It’s all up to the districts individually. Each school has their own reopening plan. I know Piketon does go off of the the county’s color, so they will be going fully virtual from what I understand for at least two weeks. But it’s not the same for the rest of the Pike County schools. Like Waverly has been doing hybrid since the beginning and won’t be changing as of yet based off of the county color.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Westfallmustang wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:23 pm It is not just your team. They did it to their own team. Kids are all pissed off. And as for a the crap about playoffs I’d say it has no relevance on the situation. As I stated before they are real strict with the guidelines here and do everything to the letter, even if I hate it. Sucks for your team and ours, but that’s the time we’re in at the moment. If you want to be mad be mad at your health department that moved your county to red. Or the people in the community that don’t wear masks or wash their hands and spread the virus that makes your community red. As icing on the cake and as dumb as it sounds we’re looking for a team to play that is not in a covid hot zone. :oops:
The hot zones are made up. The closer we get to election the more hot zones you’ll see start miraculously “popping” up. But I get it at this point it becomes a liability for the schools. We’ve gotten ourselves into a lose lose situation

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Piketon will not be total virtual. Red means only that masks are mandatory which they already are at sporting events. You can spin this however you like to help yourself sleep at night but the bottom line is if Westfall was going to make this decision it should have been done yesterday! Definitely not the day of the game at 2pm

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

metwct44 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:43 pm Piketon will not be total virtual. Red means only that masks are mandatory which they already are at sporting events. You can spin this however you like to help yourself sleep at night but the bottom line is if Westfall was going to make this decision it should have been done yesterday! Definitely not the day of the game at 2pm
Classless for sure. Why couldn’t this game be played at Westfall?

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

League should sanction Westfall for this.

Cancel day of, give me a break.

Westfall admin should be ashamed.

Piketon zero positives on Football team.

If you don’t want to play cancel on Monday not game day.

SVC should have some balls and do something about it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:01 pm League should sanction Westfall for this.

Cancel day of, give me a break.

Westfall admin should be ashamed.

Piketon zero positives on Football team.

If you don’t want to play cancel on Monday not game day.

SVC should have some balls and do something about it.
Why couldn’t this game have been played at Westfall?

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Pickaway Co Health department a regular think tank

😳

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

mlittle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:53 pm
metwct44 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:43 pm Piketon will not be total virtual. Red means only that masks are mandatory which they already are at sporting events. You can spin this however you like to help yourself sleep at night but the bottom line is if Westfall was going to make this decision it should have been done yesterday! Definitely not the day of the game at 2pm
Exactly!! From what people are telling me it the risk factor. It’s all crap. As to timing of canceled game I’d like to know when they Piketon was moved to red and if it was yesterday what the hell was the holdup. It’s a slap in the face to your kids and Ours.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Westfallmustang wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:14 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:53 pm
Exactly!! From what people are telling me it the risk factor. It’s all crap. As to timing of canceled game I’d like to know when they Piketon was moved to red and if it was yesterday what the hell was the holdup. It’s a slap in the face to your kids and Ours.
I’m pretty sure pike county went red like Tuesday or Wednesday

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

The state only updates the emergency level once a week on Thursdays.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Flush wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:32 pm The state only updates the emergency level once a week on Thursdays.
👍

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

Went red yesterday. But it was a known fact it would since last weekend.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I heard a rumor that Westfall cancelled their only scrimmage due to a kid on the teams parent testing positive 😂. I don’t know if this is true but if so then canceling this game isn’t surprising. I agree with most tho that this should’ve been done immediately upon receiving the news that pike co went red

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

That is not a rumor it is truth. We have have had to deal with this poop all year. They shut down practices most of summer as well. But hey let’s go give it our all boys even though everyone else have been practicing since June.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

MasterOfNone wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:35 pm [quote=Westfallmustang post_id=1886626 time=1601062181 user_id=14177

Red for Piketon would have meant kids went to school 1 day a week, with monday off. The district decided that being barely red, they would stick to orange model which is no mondays, half kids tues/wed and other half thur/fri. Full virtual would be purple.

rsone
Waterboy

Post by rsone »

Piketon did offer to move the game to Westfall with no Piketon fans, just the players. It was turned down.

pktnred
Waterboy

Post by pktnred »

PIKETON offered to go to their field with NO fans Saturday and they would not even give Piketon a reply. Sounds pretty fishy to us

Return to “Football”