Freshman Team

Re: WK5 Minford - Waverly

Post by Tommy Chong »

Waverly by 30

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to the SOC Champs Tigers. Your Qb should be player of year in SOC. After watching the game Friday , no doubt who the better team was, Tigers outplayed the Tomcats And I was im pressed by Tigers overall speed and depth. Great goal line defense. I would say Ironton Tigers, Jackson Ironman. Trimble Tomcats, Waverly Tigers would be my top 4 in Southeastern Ohio this year. With Ironton being the favorite with Kirkland to win it allIn that Division. But Waverly should make some noise, great Coaching and play calling for the Tigers. Congrats to the 2020 team

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Is minford capable of actually coming into a game with a fired up mentality? They have a good squad to give waverly a game of it. I think they can definitely move the ball. But that loss to oak hill is perplexing

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:55 pm Is minford capable of actually coming into a game with a fired up mentality? They have a good squad to give waverly a game of it. I think they can definitely move the ball. But that loss to oak hill is perplexing
It's been the same thing for Minford over the years, they lose to burg and they close up shop. Whether it's coaching or players, my guess is a combination of both, they've had way to much talent last 2 years to be placing 4th in the league. This game early on could come down who's mentally ready, Waverly a huge but exhausting game from start to finish, Minford coming off a big comeback to fall short on the final play to oak hill.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:01 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:55 pm Is minford capable of actually coming into a game with a fired up mentality? They have a good squad to give waverly a game of it. I think they can definitely move the ball. But that loss to oak hill is perplexing
It's been the same thing for Minford over the years, they lose to burg and they close up shop. Whether it's coaching or players, my guess is a combination of both, they've had way to much talent last 2 years to be placing 4th in the league. This game early on could come down who's mentally ready, Waverly a huge but exhausting game from start to finish, Minford coming off a big comeback to fall short on the final play to oak hill.
The playing surface will slow Waverly down a little. Grass is different but I can’t see Waverly not winning by at least 3 scores.

Lane52311
Waterboy

Post by Lane52311 »

56-14 Waverly but we will see... 👀

BE UNCOMMON... GO TIGERS!! 🐅
toast
All State

Post by toast »

Interesting game for Waverly. It's just so darn difficult to come back after a big emotional win and play well. Somehow they've got to muster up the energy and determination to get it done. Minford is a good team. We can not afford to take them lightly in any way.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

This will be a close game, everyone gets prepared and pumped up to play the Burg more than any other team on the schedule period. Waverly will feel the effects like Minford did last week against the Oaks. This game will be closer than most people think

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

This one could be interesting, Minford has the ability to keep it close for a while. I feel like this one is a 49-21 troupe game. Minford hangs around for a quarter or quarter and a half but Shanks, Futhey and the Tigers are too much for the Falcons.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Trap game if Waverly isn’t careful but I believe this coaching staff won’t allow a let down, Minford will keep it close but look for Waverly to pull away

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
toast
All State

Post by toast »

In 2017 Ohio State beat the number 2 team in the country at the time which was Penn State. The following week they got beat 55-24 by Iowa. Let downs after a big win are all too common.

Waverly's going to have to dig deep and as someone else said, "be uncommon". Huge game for this Tiger team!!
Last edited by toast on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Sport Fan wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:50 pm This will be a close game, everyone gets prepared and pumped up to play the Burg more than any other team on the schedule period. Waverly will feel the effects like Minford did last week against the Oaks. This game will be closer than most people think
Understand the ups and downs after playing a huge game. You do realize though Minford was coming off a 35-14 win to West, this past week against the OH???

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Minford has some athletes to keep this game close. Especially if Waverly comes out like they did against Valley. Waverly must contain EVL, limit him using his legs. If they let him get loose he will hurt you. And they must always know where Risner is. I look for Waverly DEs to have a big game.

I hope Minford doesn’t let the grass get knee high by Friday ;) :lol:

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

One thing being overlooked about Waverly is their switch to a four man front. Having Crabtree and Futhey as bookends and Zeke in the middle has made this defense really solid. Can't have a letdown. First, and probably only, game on grass this season.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

This game just got a little tougher for the Tigers. Don’t be surprised if this one turns out to be a closer than some may think.
Last edited by MasterOfNone on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:53 pm This game just got a lot tougher for the Tigers, wow.. Don’t be surprised if this one turns out to be a close one.
New injury or quarantine?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:39 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:53 pm This game just got a lot tougher for the Tigers, wow.. Don’t be surprised if this one turns out to be a close one.
Got one back from quarantine. One with one more week.
Everyone available was practicing today and looked good.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

smurray wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:01 pm
Omega wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:39 pm
Got one back from quarantine. One with one more week.
Everyone available was practicing today and looked good.
Yeah it’s a shame this COVID stuff is going on. Feels like there has been new kids everyday being told they need to quarantine, not just referring to football players. Just never know this year, it’s a day to day thing. Any player could be asked to step up and play significant minutes. Hoping the spread slows a little in the next week or so.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Big thing for the Tigers will be defense. If the defense plays well and gets stops and possibly creates a turnover, I think the Tigers get it done. The offense at this point is a well oiled machine and you know what to expect for the most part out of them.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Minford can defend the pass as well as anyone. They are weak against the run but that isn't Waverlys forte.

Minford will always move the ball with EVL and #7.

I could see this being competitive especially playing on grass, Waverly coming off a big win, and Minford coming in not really playing well.

Return to “Football”