Little Miami Football Players Suspended Indefinitely For Honoring First Responders

radiodavel
JV Team

Little Miami Football Players Suspended Indefinitely For Honoring First Responders

Post by radiodavel »

https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2020 ... responders

Sideliner
Riding the Bench

Re: Little Miami Football Players Suspended Indefinitely For Honoring First Responders

Post by Sideliner »

It is awful that supporting first responders on 9/11 is considered political and students are getting punished. I hope the superintendent reconsiders his decision.

Kicker.
All Conference

Re: Little Miami Football Players Suspended Indefinitely For Honoring First Responders

Post by Kicker. »

They were told not to do it and did it anyway it’s like when youd be told not to put your hand on the stove and you did it anyway. choices have consequences

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I didn’t realize 9/11 is now political.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think they only got suspended because they were told to not do it beforehand, but chose to anyways. The school just didn’t want any controversy, which these days is easy to find.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:37 pm I think they only got suspended because they were told to not do it beforehand, but chose to anyways. The school just didn’t want any controversy, which these days is easy to find.
Good luck getting re-elected after being anti 9/11 if you’re on the school board. The superintendent and AD will likely be fired for being an idiot :lol:

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

If I was a police dept in the area or first responder in that town they prob would not have a game until the kids gets to play again.....Just refuse to serve the school system who doesn't support you...... If they don't have police or squad i bet they won't start the game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:20 pm If I was a police dept in the area or first responder in that town they prob would not have a game until the kids gets to play again.....Just refuse to serve the school system who doesn't support you...... If they don't have police or squad i bet they won't start the game.
So punish the entire team because you're upset?
smh....
Last edited by Orange and Brown on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:31 pm
THEbuckeyes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:20 pm If I was a police dept in the area or first responder in that town they prob would not have a game until the kids gets to play again.....Just refuse to serve the school system who doesn't support you...... If they don't have police or squad i bet they won't start the game.
Sopunish the entire team because your upset?
smh....
Not just the entire team, but opposing teams.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:30 pm I didn’t realize 9/11 is now political.
So they’ve done this same thing for 18 years? Or they just thought to do this one specific thing that has been in the news now because of the political climate?

How did these violations of the flag code suddenly become so celebrated to begin with?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:41 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:30 pm I didn’t realize 9/11 is now political.
So they’ve done this same thing for 18 years? Or they just thought to do this one specific thing that has been in the news now because of the political climate?

How did these violations of the flag code suddenly become so celebrated to begin with?
Yup.

Anyone else remember when Americans specifically would honor FDNY and to an extent NYPD? That was nice, but it’s been since lost in the sands of time. Now, instead of honoring those two by name, it’s been weirdly co-opted by folks across the country to either get their own message across or to somehow incorporate their own little rural hamlet as being impacted the same way the New York tri-state was by 9/11. Which... nope.

TCAT1000+
Waterboy

Post by TCAT1000+ »

So the question is: Are all flags banned or just these ones? Seems like a major 1st amendment violation on behalf of the school to me. However, maybe (not that i agree with this) they are stopping all flags that is not the United States from being displayed.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

enigmaax wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:41 pm So they’ve done this same thing for 18 years? Or they just thought to do this one specific thing that has been in the news now because of the political climate?

I’m guessing they haven’t been playing high school football for 18 years. We have been honoring the police and fire for 18 years that ran into the building and died. Idk why you think this is political. The school came out and said it wasn’t political. Also 9/11 is a national day of mourning

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

I'm sure if they were supporting some left wing cause they would have been honored instead of suspended.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

gobucs20 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm I'm sure if they were supporting some left wing cause they would have been honored instead of suspended.
Warren County is super-conservative. So, I doubt it.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:57 pm
enigmaax wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:41 pm So they’ve done this same thing for 18 years? Or they just thought to do this one specific thing that has been in the news now because of the political climate?

I’m guessing they haven’t been playing high school football for 18 years. We have been honoring the police and fire for 18 years that ran into the building and died. Idk why you think this is political. The school came out and said it wasn’t political. Also 9/11 is a national day of mourning
Fc’s post sums it up pretty well. I’d be amazed if the particular flag has been used by the school before it became vogue over the BLM protests. It was 100% political, whether the kids know it or are simply being egged on by adults who know it. They knew there would be heat and they knew that they could cry about it and win some public outrage over it. The school is backtracking now over that outrage, despite their attempt to simply keep their kids out of politics.
gobucs20 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm I'm sure if they were supporting some left wing cause they would have been honored instead of suspended.
Nonsense, but your statement is a good example of exactly why the whole thing was a political stunt. The school bird was trying to avoid controversy by keeping politics away from the game, which most “conservatives” have been crying about for a few years now. Instead, the kids (likely encouraged by parents or other adults) inserted it right into what would’ve otherwise been probably been a nice, simple nod to the memory. They knew what they were doing, just like you know it.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

smh....
Not trying to punish anyone but sounds like you don't want them around they may have a badge or a uniform on that offends someone.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:54 pm
smh....
Not trying to punish anyone but sounds like you don't want them around they may have a badge or a uniform on that offends someone.
Yeah, I’m sure the police offends the community where Donald Trump had his most decisive victory (38 points) of any Ohio county of 100,000+ residents.

So refuse to work a game, screwing over teams in the process, out of pettiness and spite? That is not only dumb, but also entirely against the principles and honor of being a first responder.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Any radiodave article on the bigger and more important story of the past week, in which the Rootstown superintendent subverted the coach’s decision to kick off the star player for calling a black teammate the ‘N’ word by immediately reinstating the kid because he’s good at football?

Or does radiodave think that not important, instead hawking nothingburgers for clicks?

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:35 pm
Sopunish the entire team because your upset?
smh....
Not just the entire team, but opposing teams.
Not a punishment for anyone but if it offends you to see the flag when a kid holds it then when an adult shows up with a uniform on with a flag or emblem that means the same thing you wouldn't want him or her there either. We need to be fair and equal in what we let in the stadium....

Return to “Football”