Can the Ironton JV Finish out the rest of the OVC Schedule?

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Re: Can the Ironton JV Finish out the rest of the OVC Schedule?

Post by GoBigI »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:02 pm
GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:08 am The Sophomore class is deeper than this Senior class so they will be just as dangerous if not more so. The Sophomore skill positions will have the benefit of this nearly all Junior line next year which is scary. The OVC will be fairly competitive again once Ironton’s Freshman class becomes Seniors. They were 3-4 or 4-3 in 8th grade OVC play last year.
Those sophomores got beat by burg in 8th grade.
Yeah, lost 12-8 at Burg. If my memory serves me correctly, this Soph class blistered Burg’s Soph class 36-0 last year in the Freshman game at Burg and it could’ve been 60-0. The one standout player on that 8th grade Burg team went back to where he came from leaving Burg’s Soph class average at best.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:15 am
GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:08 am The Sophomore class is deeper than this Senior class so they will be just as dangerous if not more so. The Sophomore skill positions will have the benefit of this nearly all Junior line next year which is scary. The OVC will be fairly competitive again once Ironton’s Freshman class becomes Seniors. They were 3-4 or 4-3 in 8th grade OVC play last year.
Yeah, lost 12-8 at Burg. If my memory serves me correctly, this Soph class blistered Burg’s Soph class 36-0 last year in the Freshman game at Burg and it could’ve been 60-0. The one standout player on that 8th grade Burg team went back to where he came from leaving Burg’s Soph class average at best.
That’s correct but burgs best player played up and the kid that left is back. He left for a year. Always played for burg. The other kid hasn’t played this year because of injury. The jv team for burg beat ironton jv pretty good last year. Both classes are good. Let’s just leave it at that.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Ironton is easily the best team in area

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

Ironton and Jackson are in the exact same boat. Their conferences are equally horrible.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SEOP2001 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 pm Ironton and Jackson are in the exact same boat. Their conferences are equally horrible.
Name one conference in the southeast that is dominant? It’s just our area. It is what it is.

512Buckeye
Waterboy

Post by 512Buckeye »

I-TownFanatic wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 pm Real question? Can the Ironton JV play the rest of the season vs. the OVC varsity and the Varsity get some games during the week against some big schools up north? I think it would be best for Ironton and the OVC. Kids are going to get hurt if they don't make the change.
How did Ironton do when they played in the SEOAL in the mid-2000’s?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

512Buckeye wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:42 pm
I-TownFanatic wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 pm Real question? Can the Ironton JV play the rest of the season vs. the OVC varsity and the Varsity get some games during the week against some big schools up north? I think it would be best for Ironton and the OVC. Kids are going to get hurt if they don't make the change.
How did Ironton do when they played in the SEOAL in the mid-2000’s?
A whole lot has changed since then. I played at ironton the worst two years they had in the seoal the league was loaded during that time if you make that same league today its not as good

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Logan and chillicothe are literally no where near what they were during that time gallia really is no better either if you ask me

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:53 pm
SEOP2001 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 pm Ironton and Jackson are in the exact same boat. Their conferences are equally horrible.
Name one conference in the southeast that is dominant? It’s just our area. It is what it is.
SOC2

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Hey Woby,guess their going to have to print up some extra NLI’s in a couple of yrs. ;) ;)

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:15 am
Burg had a number of kids playing up last year from that class. This season they have a number of them on varsity, #7 Sanderlin, #2 and #18 Lattimore twins, #32 Arthur are the four that really stick out, but there are several others who contribute. This burg team will be better next year, and even better when these sophomores are seniors. Burg-Ironton is going to stay real competitive for years to come.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Crazy how year after year these teams are supposed to be better. This has went on so long that Wheelersburg should be pro level by now.

The sophomore class at Burg has a couple kids who matured early. They aren't that good.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:10 pm Crazy how year after year these teams are supposed to be better. This has went on so long that Wheelersburg should be pro level by now.

The sophomore class at Burg has a couple kids who matured early. They aren't that good.
:lol: :lol: Noted

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

It's an observation worthy of discussion. Teams like Kirtland put together really solid competition & regularly play up.

No. 13 Kirtland up to speed vs. a bigger opponent
https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolspo ... onent.html

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:49 pm
SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:10 pm Crazy how year after year these teams are supposed to be better. This has went on so long that Wheelersburg should be pro level by now.

Not hating on the kids but it's true. They will be good players, but they aren't what they've been made to be on here. Middle school success does not necessarily equal high school success.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:43 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Not hating on the kids but it's true. They will be good players, but they aren't what they've been made to be on here. Middle school success does not necessarily equal high school success.
How do you know if the ironton sophomores aren’t in the same boat? They were very successful in middle school too.

I do agree that middle school success doesn’t translate to high school success. Case in point. Minfords senior class drummed burg In middle school and lost the last three games to burg in high school.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 pm

It's an observation worthy of discussion. Teams like Kirtland put together really solid competition & regularly play up.

No. 13 Kirtland up to speed vs. a bigger opponent
https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolspo ... onent.html
Kirkland also has a zero competitor balance. How many kids are playing for ironton this year that played at a different school last year? Burg has one.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:06 am So they were pretty confident they were gonna put together 6 games in such a small time frame w so much uncertainty? I call bs. Small town rumor. That's all gas.
I'm not saying there was a formal vote, but there was ABSOLUTELY discussion about it.

Logan put together 6 games almost immediately. I don't think it would have been hard for Ironton at all.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Portsmouth98 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:21 am I don't see what motive their would be for not allowing them to opt out. We could still allow a 6 game schedule with them gone.
Every school would have had a bye week to fill.

Without Ironton there would only be 7 teams in the OVC. Odd number means you can only play 3 league games each week (instead of 4) requiring 7 weeks to get 6 games in.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:59 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:06 am So they were pretty confident they were gonna put together 6 games in such a small time frame w so much uncertainty? I call bs. Small town rumor. That's all gas.
I'm not saying there was a formal vote, but there was ABSOLUTELY discussion about it.

Logan put together 6 games almost immediately. I don't think it would have been hard for Ironton at all.
So basically its small town innuendo. Just like I thought. Smh

Return to “Football”