2020 Valley 10 - 56 Waverly

toast
All State

Re: Week 3. Waverly vs Valley

Post by toast »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:01 pm Waverly cannot afford to listen to these predictions and take the Indians lightly.
Waverly MUST stay focused and on mission.
This game is at Valley and I remember the Tigers needing a pick 6 down there fairly recently to win a game they were highly favored in..
TAKE NO ONE LIGHTLY IN THIS SHORTENED SEASON!
Best post on this thread! Tape it to the lock room door. Go Tigers!!

gle300
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 3. Waverly 2-0 vs Valley 1-1

Post by gle300 »

Waverly big in this one
Waverly- 42 Valley- 14

Message Board Hero
Waterboy

Post by Message Board Hero »

Waverly is a very explosive football team. Tons of athletes and weapons. Waverly and Wheelersburg should be the game that decides the SOC next week. I am sure that Waverly just wants to leave Lucasville healthy this week. Valley needs to continue to grow and develop on the defensive side of the ball. They will be facing a totally different style compared to the ground and pound that Oak Hill hammered them with last week. I have been very impressed with the Valley passing game and the use of different players. In my opinion, Valley's overall lack of numbers really shows up in conference play. I am looking forward to seeing this one in person Friday night.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

No big surprise that Waverly is the heavy favorite. But they must come in focused on going 1-0 this week and not get caught looking ahead. I think it will have to be a real disaster for the Tigers to let this one get away, but it’s possible if they let Valley hang around until late. I look for the Tigers to come out and try to bury the Indians early like they did West. I’m sure the staff would love to be able to pull Shanks and company before or at least by the second half, to help prevent any injuries. One thing I would like to see the Tigers to is establish a run game with the starters. They haven’t really found a rhythm yet or a rb they truly trust. I think they want Hurd to be the guy, but he still has a lot of growing to do as a freshman. But the only way he will get better is getting carries. Giving him 3-5 carries a game isn’t going to get it done. I know the passing game is the Tigers bread and butter but at some point they will need to be able to rely on the run game.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:28 am No big surprise that Waverly is the heavy favorite. But they must come in focused on going 1-0 this week and not get caught looking ahead. I think it will have to be a real disaster for the Tigers to let this one get away, but it’s possible if they let Valley hang around until late. I look for the Tigers to come out and try to bury the Indians early like they did West. I’m sure the staff would love to be able to pull Shanks and company before or at least by the second half, to help prevent any injuries. One thing I would like to see the Tigers to is establish a run game with the starters. They haven’t really found a rhythm yet or a rb they truly trust. I think they want Hurd to be the guy, but he still has a lot of growing to do as a freshman. But the only way he will get better is getting carries. Giving him 3-5 carries a game isn’t going to get it done. I know the passing game is the Tigers bread and butter but at some point they will need to be able to rely on the run game.
Any idea when D Shoemaker returns? The Poe Kid runs hard and seems to be getting better each run. The other running backs have spurts as well. Just seems like a lack of consistency at this point. No one really stands out right now. The O-Line has done a tremendous job so far. The Defensive line is spectacular too from what I’ve seen. This team with a healthy shanks is scary. The extra dimension of him being able to run at times is huge. Being a little bit mobile has really made him dangerous. He has been less accurate and made more mistakes so far this year throwing but when he cleans that up they will be extremely tough to beat by anyone. Will Futhey has really made a huge jump on the defensive side this year too. Best defense Waverly has had in a while. Secondary has had a few slip ups but there is no lack of talent. Just growing pains it seems.

Really Impressed with what I’ve seen so far.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Waverly is clearly the favorite in this one. Just hope valley can compete and work on holding on to the ball. Play hard and hope everyone comes out of the game healthy.

Lane52311
Waterboy

Post by Lane52311 »

Who all is watching the game on tv tonight 🙋‍♂️

BE UNCOMMON... GO TIGERS!! 🐅
Lane52311
Waterboy

Post by Lane52311 »

Shanks said himself that the the first game was his worse game he played. So I feel he will definitely be pushing himself like the Portsmouth west game to do his best and give 200% for the rest of the season

Be UNCOMMON. Go TIGERS🐅
Last edited by Lane52311 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Weather should be dandy for this one. On paper Waverly wins this one but it isn’t always about paper. Waverly MUST come out laser focused and not looking ahead to next Friday....

Lane52311
Waterboy

Post by Lane52311 »

smurray wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:34 pm Weather should be dandy for this one. On paper Waverly wins this one but it isn’t always about paper. Waverly MUST come out laser focused and not looking ahead to next Friday....

Definitely agree with you but I fill they got this and fill about the only thing valley might and that's a big MIGHT is slowdown our run game
It has not been on point consistent throughout the past two game but I would have to say they have been working on it at practice

Be UNCOMMON. GO TIGERS🐅

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Waverly on upset alert 🚨

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Cloudy, cool evening for this one tonight. Like others have said before me and as I said earlier this week, as long as the Tigers are focused and not getting ahead of themselves they should come out on top. The Tigers want to put the Indians away early and get the starters out by the second half so it lessens the chance of injuries.

I have been saying it since week 1, I wanna see the Tigers get the run game going. I hope to see more of an effort when it comes to play calling in that aspect. I know we want to keep our pass game sharp and pad some stats with potentially not having the starters get to play a full game. But at some point we will need that run game. I would like to see Hurd get at least 10 carries tonight, he is only going to get better and more comfortable if they allow him to take carries on Friday nights.

Hoping for an injury free game for both sides.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

What is the reasoning for playing Hurd over some older players? To not have to move others around when Shoemaker comes back?

Hurd will be a solid player in time, but it looks like there are some better options right now.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:58 pm What is the reasoning for playing Hurd over some older players? To not have to move others around when Shoemaker comes back?

Hurd will be a solid player in time, but it looks like there are some better options right now.
I’m not sure they are against playing other guys over Hurd. But I think they would like for him to be able to take the majority of carries at least until Shoe comes back. Poe does a nice job when asked as does Stulley. But those guys already play D and Stulley plays some WR. In a tight game they may look to one of those older guys to take the carries. But in a game like last week and tonight where it shouldn’t be very close, it’s a good opportunity to let him get some experience. That’s why I want to see him get a decent amount of carries tonight. Just my opinion tho.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

good luck and geaux tigers

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Waverly starters come out before 4th quarter.

WestLegend47
Waterboy

Post by WestLegend47 »

football87 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:45 pm Waverly starters come out before 4th quarter.
You talking out of you butt go valley

Lane52311
Waterboy

Post by Lane52311 »

HALF TIME
WAVERLY 28
VALLEY 10

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Noticed #12 on the sideline for valley. Any idea what’s wrong? Valley had a chance to score off the big kickoff return, but the game is going how I expected. Waverly has some very skilled kids.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

49-10 under 4:00

Return to “Football”