2020 Wheelersburg 42 - 28 Minford

wobycat
SEOPS

2020 Wheelersburg 42 - 28 Minford

Post by wobycat »

Close last year. Thoughts?

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Week 2 Minford at Burg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Burg 31
Minford 17

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Nice one MAD-DOGG!
Maybe I'll start this for Minford!

Oh, Minford High; Oh, Minford High:
To gain the best for old Minford High!
We'll always shout, we'll always sing
Our praises of her to make ring.
We'll always strive to make her top,
Our tireless efforts never stop.
So come on team, team, team
Get on the beam, beam, beam,
And fight, fight, fight
for a victory!

GO FALCONS!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Minford will hang around b/c Vogelsong-Lewis just that good, but I think Burg will out-physical them in second half and take this one. Burg 24-13.*

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

This is going to be a hard fought game.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

mglight88 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:33 pm Nice one MAD-DOGG!
Maybe I'll start this for Minford!

Oh, Minford High; Oh, Minford High:
To gain the best for old Minford High!
We'll always shout, we'll always sing
Our praises of her to make ring.
We'll always strive to make her top,
Our tireless efforts never stop.
So come on team, team, team
Get on the beam, beam, beam,
And fight, fight, fight
for a victory!

GO FALCONS!!!
Good one

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I'll go on record by saying I am willing to pay top dollar for a ticket to this one.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Gimme Minford 27-21

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

It doesn't feel right having this game so soon in the year heading into Labor day weekend. I wish this was played in week 5, but it is what it is. This should be a good one!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

knowledge wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 am I'll go on record by saying I am willing to pay top dollar for a ticket to this one.
I'm sure there is a student out there who would sell theirs for some extra cash. Apparently some students are able to get tickets but some are not. How that is even close to being fair or makes any sense is beyond me...

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

longball wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:27 pm
knowledge wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:42 am I'll go on record by saying I am willing to pay top dollar for a ticket to this one.
I'm sure there is a student out there who would sell theirs for some extra cash. Apparently some students are able to get tickets but some are not. How that is even close to being fair or makes any sense is beyond me...
As far as I know, the players, cheerleaders, and band members are given tickets. Whether or not they choose to give another student an extra ticket is up to them I believe

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

burgfella69 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:50 pm
As far as I know, the players, cheerleaders, and band members are given tickets. Whether or not they choose to give another student an extra ticket is up to them I believe
That may be the case, but how it it ok if half the students can get tickets but the other half can not? If they can go to school inside the same building, then they should have the opportunity to attend the game... outside. Football Friday nights are a big deal to some of those kids. I just don't think it's ok to deny half of the students these experiences if half of their classmates are able to go...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Well we are talking about Minford....so.........

As far as the game:

I think both teams will make a lot of mistakes due to being early season and limited reps to this point. Dont know much about Burg this year but if Minfords line can protect Lewis and not have him running for his life all night, it will be a very close game. Lewis and Risner are studs.

Minford's O line and Burgs D line- whoever wins that battle consistently wins the game.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

longball wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:02 pm
burgfella69 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:50 pm

That may be the case, but how it it ok if half the students can get tickets but the other half can not? If they can go to school inside the same building, then they should have the opportunity to attend the game... outside. Football Friday nights are a big deal to some of those kids. I just don't think it's ok to deny half of the students these experiences if half of their classmates are able to go...
It sucks for those who can't attend (and remember, even family members of players will get left out), but no COVID plan is gonna be perfect for everyone. I'm just thankful the kids are getting a chance to have a football season.*

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:07 pm
Well we are talking about Minford....so.........

As far as the game:

I think both teams will make a lot of mistakes due to being early season and limited reps to this point. Dont know much about Burg this year but if Minfords line can protect Lewis and not have him running for his life all night, it will be a very close game. Lewis and Risner are studs.

Minford's O line and Burgs D line- whoever wins that battle consistently wins the game.
Defensively Burg was very sharp at Chili. D is miles better than last year and extremely fast. I think this will be close for a while then gets ugly late like 42-13 range

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

It sucks that only parents and students can go. I can’t tell u the last time I missed a game. Let alone a home game

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:45 pm It sucks that only parents and students can go. I can’t tell u the last time I missed a game. Let alone a home game
If everyone would have listen to the Doctors back in March and put their mask on you would be watching the football game but no we have people who believe in Dr. Trump you don't need to wear a mask... right!!!! enjoy the game at home on the radio or your computer.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

knightruner wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:49 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:45 pm It sucks that only parents and students can go. I can’t tell u the last time I missed a game. Let alone a home game
If everyone would have listen to the Doctors back in March and put their mask on you would be watching the football game but no we have people who believe in Dr. Trump you don't need to wear a mask... right!!!! enjoy the game at home on the radio or your computer.
100% I agree with you on that thought!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
FBfan007
Waterboy

Post by FBfan007 »

Wheelersburg defense looked stout and all players swarmed the ball and are deep when it comes to talent. Offensively, they need to pass a lot more. Gregg is a talented tool and has a variety of different weapons that he can throw the ball to. Burg also has a RB that is special in sophomore lattimore. The only two problems that I saw from week one were the offensive line run blocking and offensive play calling. Once they get their offensive line going watch out. This team is deep and young. As for Minford, they are gonna need more then vogelsong-lewis and risner to even keep this game close. I believe that last year was Minford's best chance at beating the burg.

Return to “Football”