Post by fbnut »

Hats off to chillis stream
Did a very nice job
Thank you

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Week 1 Wheelersburg @ Chillicothe

Post by Omega »

I was surprised that Chillicothe offered little resistance to the Pirates. Is Da Burg that good or the Cavs not ready?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Tiger78 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:32 pm How good is Chillicothe supposed to be when compared to last year? They looked to have some speed, but were manhandled at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Burg has some good games ahead against a strong Minford team and great Waverly team.
Chillicothe is a bad football team , were bad last year.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Pretty solid showing from the Pirates overall. Defense seemed quick to the ball with very solid tackling. It took the offense a few series to get into a groove but I think traveling two days in a row and a QB in a new system had something to do with that lol will need to be able to run the ball better against top SOC teams and come playoff time so hopefully this part of their game continues to develop. Happy to see some new kids out there competing and making plays.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

:D
Tommy Chong wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:07 am
Tiger78 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:32 pm How good is Chillicothe supposed to be when compared to last year? They looked to have some speed, but were manhandled at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Burg has some good games ahead against a strong Minford team and great Waverly team.
I would agree with that assessment, Chillicothe is not very good.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah I watched the live stream Chillicothe didn’t look ready to start the season I will say that.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:12 am Yeah I watched the live stream Chillicothe didn’t look ready to start the season I will say that.
Chillicothe has some beef in the middle of that D and played pretty good in the middle. O just could never get anything going. Field position killed them all night. As in most cases the burg may have been in better physical condition and those big boys wore down a little. Burg has good depth and played a lot of kids. Chilli is not a good D2 team they would be an avg D5 team

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Chillicothe had the wrong QB to start with. Their sophomore that came in looks like a D1 QB. Over 6 3 and built solid. Chillicothes front 6 will be one of the toughest that burg will see this year. Their defensive tackles were over 300 easy and pretty strong. Chillicothes problem was not being good in special teams and offensive line struggled but they are far from being bad. They just need to work harder.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

congratulations to the pirates.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Cavsfan2020
Waterboy

Post by Cavsfan2020 »

No matter who the QB is at Chilli let’s face it there’s a ton work on both sides of the ball that needs to de done. 120 yards total offense is not a lot to build on. I still won’t be surprised if we see a Two Qb system for a while . One has a great arm and the other has great feet. It depends on how defenses are playing them. Burg was not letting Kam Smith’s feet beat them. I also hear there is another Qb on the roster who has a great arm and great speed but is playing elsewhere because of a bum shoulder. Also keep in mind the Cavs best O-lineman was out as well. Going to be and interesting week for the team after that performance. Anyways things can only get better because they really can’t get any worse! Go Cavs!!!! Keep Grinding!!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Extremely good video production by Chillicothe.

I’ve only been able to see games on line (iPhone + or IPad) & that depends on what I’ve got going on.
I prefer to listen to IHeartRadio audio but watch livestream on FB by MyTownVideo.

The production of this video was very good & I have no clue the ease or difficulty from putting this quality of video online or the cost involved, but with the popularity of HSFB IN SEO, I’d really love for all high school fans to be able to follow chili’s lead & do this for the fans.

Espy, during these times of masks, lock downs, & dwindling outlets of entertainment.

MyTownTv does an incredible job as they broadcast over FB page & IDK, if that limits the ability of different camera angles/shots, or only one camera is used.

But, this video had multiple shots, replays, & was of high quality.

I’m guessing being a bigger school, perhaps chilli has a video production class/team that produces this.

To rope this in, it’d be nice if those that wanted to view a game with this quality of production, could do so & opt to be a part of it via purchase or donation.

I really enjoyed this game & chilli is just missing a few pieces of the puzzle to make this a competitive series.

Chilli second QB will develop nicely & they were able to hold burg to 3 points despite The burg favorably starting around the 35 or less the first couple of series.

On the other hand, the Burg just took some time to warm up to get it going & then the discipline & former success carried over & was of major impact on players for the Burg that led to the W.

Burg will have a good season & be a threat in V.

Chilli, with some cohesive play should get it going as well.

They have some very nice facilities at chili and was great to see pre-sunset!

I like this start time!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:50 pm Extremely good video production by Chillicothe.

I’ve only been able to see games on line (iPhone + or IPad) & that depends on what I’ve got going on.
I prefer to listen to IHeartRadio audio but watch livestream on FB by MyTownVideo.

The production of this video was very good & I have no clue the ease or difficulty from putting this quality of video online or the cost involved, but with the popularity of HSFB IN SEO, I’d really love for all high school fans to be able to follow chili’s lead & do this for the fans.

Espy, during these times of masks, lock downs, & dwindling outlets of entertainment.

MyTownTv does an incredible job as they broadcast over FB page & IDK, if that limits the ability of different camera angles/shots, or only one camera is used.

But, this video had multiple shots, replays, & was of high quality.

I’m guessing being a bigger school, perhaps chilli has a video production class/team that produces this.

To rope this in, it’d be nice if those that wanted to view a game with this quality of production, could do so & opt to be a part of it via purchase or donation.

I really enjoyed this game & chilli is just missing a few pieces of the puzzle to make this a competitive series.

Chilli second QB will develop nicely & they were able to hold burg to 3 points despite The burg favorably starting around the 35 or less the first couple of series.

On the other hand, the Burg just took some time to warm up to get it going & then the discipline & former success carried over & was of major impact on players for the Burg that led to the W.

Burg will have a good season & be a threat in V.

Chilli, with some cohesive play should get it going as well.

They have some very nice facilities at chili and was great to see pre-sunset!

I like this start time!!!
Agreed about the quality livestream Chillicothe put out for this game. Had replays and the sound was just tied into the PA announcer. Overall, a quality broadcast that most schools should model their own livestream after*

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

It looks like that huge talent pool that Chillicothe enjoys that is so superior to Waverly must have closed down for the summer. You're lucky you don't play Waverly this year...you'd get smacked.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:01 am It looks like that huge talent pool that Chillicothe enjoys that is so superior to Waverly must have closed down for the summer. You're lucky you don't play Waverly this year...you'd get smacked.
Again I was surprised by the Pirates domination of Chilly, especially on defense. I thought the Cavs would display D2 speed and quickness. They did not, which brings up the question is the Burg that good or is Chilly not very good. How does Waverly compare? We will find out when they go head to head with the Pirates.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
footballelite
Riding the Bench

Post by footballelite »

I was shocked to see Burg control the line of scrimmage so well on defense. It looked like they were only playing with 3 defensive lineman ???

veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

Chilly will still win 4 or 5 games this year in the FAC. Jackson will beat them and the only other team I see them getting any resistance from will be Miami Trace.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:08 am :D
🤔

Tiger78
Waterboy

Post by Tiger78 »

JTEK wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:21 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:08 am :D

🤔
I'm happy that I was wrong! It appears as though many southern Ohio teams are stronger than most had thought during pre season. It also makes my Tigers win over the Burg look even better! I hope nothing but the best for all of our area teams as playoffs approach.

callie15
Varsity

Re: 2020 Chillicothe 0 - 31 Wheelersburg

Post by callie15 »

Best team waverly ever had and beat burg by one, I wouldn't wave my flag to much, you'll be eating that flag next few years.

scott1297
All Conference

Re: 2020 Chillicothe 0 - 31 Wheelersburg

Post by scott1297 »

Chillicothe is a good team and they were a good team when Burg beat them and IMO Chillicothe would beat Waverly also IMO I think Burg should have beaten Waverly not taking anything away from Waverly they have a good team but Burg made way too many mistakes that game. The best game Burg played all year was against Chilli their defense was lights out offense needed some work but the defense played great. But with all that said congrats to Waverly for winning the conference this year and breaking Burgs streak . Good luck to all area teams in the playoffs and GO BURG

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”