Compliance With Da Rules At Week One Games?

Omega
SEOPS H

Compliance With Da Rules At Week One Games?

Post by Omega »

Just general questions about week one compliance with the new contagion induced rules for Ohio high school football.

1.) Was spectator attendance actually limited per guidelines for week one games? Looking at various live streams, some stands seemed about half filled, while others looked empty. I realize camera angles and stadium size can play visual tricks.

2.) Was their compliance with social distancing and the wearing of facial coverings when required among fans, bands, cheerleaders, players, team staff, and game managers? Once again cameras do not always give a true picture.

3.) Did the the "bean bag" ball placement rule effect the flow or outcome of any games?

Thoughts please.
Last edited by Omega on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Kmit
Riding the Bench

Re: Compliance With Da Rules At Week One Games?

Post by Kmit »

Eastern @ Caldwell

1. No seating every other row.Pretty good crowd on the Eastern side. Couldn't see the Caldwell side. The stands were separated by some opaque sheeting but it sounded like a good sized crowd.

2. From what I could tell everyone had masks but as the half wore on, they slipped down until they wasn't a lot of covering. At the half there was an announcement that we needed to do better and back up went the masks. Some Caldwell folk then made the rounds through the stands to ensure compliance and to pass out masks if necessary. I thought it was handled very well. Let peeve .... Radio guys must be exempt as they had masks but weren't asked to put them on. I was sitting by them.

3. No

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly's home side was pretty compliant. Each participant gets 4 stickers which can be turned in to buy a ticket. Seating is assigned based on class with the parents of seniors getting the middle section and the freshman parents sitting in lawn chairs around the fence. The assigned seats are spaced out. Everyone wore masks, although there were a few that don't wear them correctly, just like about everywhere else.

The visitors appeared to be bunched up closer than the recommendation.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have been to 5 games, so far and for the most part all games have been pretty stern as far as saying everyone needs to wear a mask and socail distance, when possible.

Return to “Football”