Post by MrFirstTake »

Would Love to see ironton play more d4-d6 powers like this every year

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
countywide35
SEOP

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers Football 2020

Post by countywide35 »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:34 pm
Basketballfan40 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm Does anyone know if the Tigers are playing Marion Local this year? Keep seeing it on twitter and thought someone would know on here.
Arbiter still lists them as playing Russell.

Now, with that said... it stands to reason if the State of Ohio prohibits teams from playing out-of-state opponents or "suggests/recommends" that Ohio teams don't play non-Ohio opponents this year, then ML v Ironton seems like a no-brainer.

ML open the week of Russel game ??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Basketballfan40
Freshman Team

Post by Basketballfan40 »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:16 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:34 pm
Basketballfan40 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:13 pm Does anyone know if the Tigers are playing Marion Local this year? Keep seeing it on twitter and thought someone would know on here.
Arbiter still lists them as playing Russell.

Now, with that said... it stands to reason if the State of Ohio prohibits teams from playing out-of-state opponents or "suggests/recommends" that Ohio teams don't play non-Ohio opponents this year, then ML v Ironton seems like a no-brainer.

ML open the week of Russel game ??
Yes ML need a 2020 week 2 game

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I stand corrected, the Kicker will be Mahlmeister not Howell, although Howell is doing good Mahlmeister is kicking 45 yarders with no problem.

Mahlmeister has received lessons from 2 former Ohio State Kickers in Drew Basil and Vlade Janakievski

https://m.irontontribune.com/2020/08/01 ... e-players/

Go Fighting Tigers........

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Reid for being on the Sports Illustrated watch list for Player of the Year.

https://m.irontontribune.com/2020/08/01 ... -the-year/

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:15 pm I stand corrected, the Kicker will be Mahlmeister not Howell, although Howell is doing good Mahlmeister is kicking 45 yarders with no problem.

Mahlmeister has received lessons from 2 former Ohio State Kickers in Drew Basil and Vlade Janakievski

https://m.irontontribune.com/2020/08/01 ... e-players/

Go Fighting Tigers........
Nice addition. A good kicker is invaluable on any team

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

With media Day yesterday, does anyone have a Roster?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I’ve only seen the one on Maxpreps.com
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 am I’ve only seen the one on calpreps.com
Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm
Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 am I’ve only seen the one on calpreps.com
A solid turnout in numbers on that roster!

I’ve not been able to follow on here as closely as I normally would, due to my job and major impact C-19, has brought to the industry I’ve worked in my entire W-2 life.

Lots of passionate, talented, & experienced players return & there are some interesting new names I do not recognize with highlight videos to view from their play of last season!

Nice to be able to watch the videos from all of the returning FighTing Tigers, those memories made & to see video of the new names on this submitted roster As well.

I’m not sure if it’s an official roster, but based on team photo for 20-21 in front of tank wall and at front of Tiger Alley, which I believe is from media day, 4-6 new faces do stick out.

If that roster is correct and final, it will be an interesting season!

Stay safe and healthy to ALL BACK HOME IN THE 3-State area!

GoTigersGo!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:27 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:51 pm
A solid turnout in numbers on that roster!

I’ve not been able to follow on here as closely as I normally would, due to my job and major impact C-19, has brought to the industry I’ve worked in my entire W-2 life.

Lots of passionate, talented, & experienced players return & there are some interesting new names I do not recognize with highlight videos to view from their play of last season!

Nice to be able to watch the videos from all of the returning FighTing Tigers, those memories made & to see video of the new names on this submitted roster As well.

I’m not sure if it’s an official roster, but based on team photo for 20-21 in front of tank wall and at front of Tiger Alley, which I believe is from media day, 4-6 new faces do stick out.

If that roster is correct and final, it will be an interesting season!

Stay safe and healthy to ALL BACK HOME IN THE 3-State area!

GoTigersGo!

Good post !!!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

With Chesapeake cancelling Fall sports, will the Fighting Tigers be able to find a week 5 game.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm With Chesapeake cancelling Fall sports, will the Fighting Tigers be able to find a week 5 game.
Their not canceling now.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:28 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:11 pm With Chesapeake cancelling Fall sports, will the Fighting Tigers be able to find a week 5 game.
Their not canceling now.
Good deal, thanks for the info.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to Trevor Carter on his #2 Ranking in Ohio’s 2023 Class and #75 in the Nation per 247Sports.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:06 am Congratulations to Trevor Carter on his #2 Ranking in Ohio’s 2023 Class and #75 in the Nation per 247Sports.
Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have a question. and pappy oz told me the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. so here goes. what is ironton's schedule now, are they now playing the actual 10 game schedule. is the burg game back on. and what about fans and stuff. I hope we get burg and Ashland back. I hated Russell dropping us, I love that rivalry with them. and is the open date they filled with the peake panther football team still on.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 am I have a question. and pappy oz told me the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. so here goes. what is ironton's schedule now, are they now playing the actual 10 game schedule. is the burg game back on. and what about fans and stuff. I hope we get burg and Ashland back. I hated Russell dropping us, I love that rivalry with them. and is the open date they filled with the peake panther football team still on.
Just a 6 game OVC schedule. Every team makes the playoffs if they choose. No point system this year and coaches vote on seedings. If you opt out I think you can play more games. It’s silly and should be 10 but I think OHSAA way of making money is every team makes the playoffs. And the almighty dollar trumps everything so I’ll almost bet crowds will be allowed at playoff games. Hopefully this mess is over by that time.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 am I have a question. and pappy oz told me the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. so here goes. what is ironton's schedule now, are they now playing the actual 10 game schedule. is the burg game back on. and what about fans and stuff. I hope we get burg and Ashland back. I hated Russell dropping us, I love that rivalry with them. and is the open date they filled with the peake panther football team still on.
Pappy should have told you about the other dumb question and that is..........the other dumb question is the one Pappy cant answer......now that is your English lesson for today......and have a nice day young man......... :D :D

Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:51 am
Just a 6 game OVC schedule. Every team makes the playoffs if they choose. No point system this year and coaches vote on seedings. If you opt out I think you can play more games. It’s silly and should be 10 but I think OHSAA way of making money is every team makes the playoffs. And the almighty dollar trumps everything so I’ll almost bet crowds will be allowed at playoff games. Hopefully this mess is over by that time.
You are correct BGB......and you can bet OHSAA will allow the fans in to the playoffs........JMHO......they wont let the almighty dollar pass their coffers ........

Return to “Football”