Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Ironton at Wheelersburg, 2020

Post by kantucky »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:46 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:58 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 am

Aye, don't worry. You all said the same thing last year about Burg. Too bad Burg isn't gonna have another "Down" year next year. Forgot to mention, Mission 15 failed if you guys didn't know. Pendleton back to West, Carrico to Spring Valley
I don't think Penleton would every go back to West. I see him maybe taking a job at a college, probably Michigan State..
Ironton is going to have a down year. Carrico is overrated. Burg's upcoming sophomore QB Kenny Sanderlin is gonna run southeast Ohio. Mark my words.
Ka-Jing!!! Shake your milk jug and ring your cowbells!

This has to be the post of the year!! I'm not only going to mark your words but heck, I'm going build a shrine to them!!

HEY BETSY! WE NEED MORE COWBELL!! GIVE IT TO US!!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I'll take OSU's scouts/coaches idea as to what a top recruit is vs. what posters on here think a top recruit is.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

As a Burg fan, I would like to think that there will be some major production coming up through the ranks, but the bottom line is that this is a wait and see matter. I know the Freshman/JV teams played fairly well last year but that is worlds away from what is needed to win a Friday night game. At this point in time, it is hard to see my Pirates improving enough to beat Ironton this year with what Ironton has coming back on the Oline and of course Carrico. My Pirates will have some good athletes but replacing Mathews/Horsely will be tough to do, not to mention replacing most of the O/D lines. Could be another tough year by Wheelersburg standards.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

This game starts SEO opening weekend of High school football.

BUT

What I like to talk about this game is going to see these two teams not only week 1 but post season to get to the state championship game !!! Oooo it’s coming burg and tiger faithful. Not only you guys going to have to win once but TWICE to get to both teams senior goals.

And when the second matchup happens. I hope it happens in Jackson Alumni Staduim. The Jackson folk would be a grand host for this. And again.....it’s coming....question is when ? 1,2,3yrs?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:25 am I'll take OSU's scouts/coaches idea as to what a top recruit is vs. what posters on here think a top recruit is.
Yeah, don't pay any attention to any of these idiots b/c its all coming from a place of envy and not analysis. Burg hasn't had a kid sign at even a mid-major D-1 NCAA school in over 20+years, so there ya go.

Carrico has offers from programs like Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, etc. If Nick Saban and the rest of the SEC are seeing something in him then 'nuff said. Ohio State is comparing Reid to the likes of AJ Hawk and James Laurinaitis. Here in a few years, we will be watching him on Saturday while these imbeciles are still living in denial. CLICK on his name inside the banner to learn more.

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-foo ... ng-impact/

Last edited by vladimir on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:17 pm Ironton's Freshman team beat Burg's this year 40-6 at Burg. The Burg Freshman QB discussed in this thread did not play in that game but he doesn't make up that difference. Burg's JV beat Ironton at Burg and I believe he played QB in that one. If it's the same kid I'm thinking, he may not stay at QB anyway. The kid is a great athlete, really good basketball player, and a good baseball player, but he's not a QB. I could see him being dangerous at the HB. Ironton will definitely have the advantage of the young QBs as Carpenter is a beast.
Ironton's freshman are probably going to be stronger than they had this year and next. They are legit.

NotBlizzardMan
Waterboy

Post by NotBlizzardMan »

And none of their linemen would be mistaken for a globe.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:57 pm
Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:17 pm Ironton's Freshman team beat Burg's this year 40-6 at Burg. The Burg Freshman QB discussed in this thread did not play in that game but he doesn't make up that difference. Burg's JV beat Ironton at Burg and I believe he played QB in that one. If it's the same kid I'm thinking, he may not stay at QB anyway. The kid is a great athlete, really good basketball player, and a good baseball player, but he's not a QB. I could see him being dangerous at the HB. Ironton will definitely have the advantage of the young QBs as Carpenter is a beast.
Ironton's freshman are probably going to be stronger than they had this year and next. They are legit.
Agreed. Their skill positions are dangerous everywhere. The HB can play WR, the WRs can play FB, the FBs can play TE, and the QB is a phenom in his own right. The linemen are all 5'10"-6'0" 190-220 which doesn't sound real impressive but it's what we ran into with Kirtland. This Senior class had 2 years under Coach Pendleton in his weight program and they grew by leaps and bounds. The Freshmen group will have all 4 years with Coach and I expect more of the same. Do not count Burg as down and out. I don't believe that for one second. Their program is too strong and proud with a great coach to just lie down. They'll be just fine as well.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

We have a few lineman over 220

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:46 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:58 pm
I don't think Penleton would every go back to West. I see him maybe taking a job at a college, probably Michigan State..
Ironton is going to have a down year. Carrico is overrated. Burg's upcoming sophomore QB Kenny Sanderlin is gonna run southeast Ohio. Mark my words.
Pirate69, There went your credibility, unless you know more than a lot a Major College Coaches lol....
I believe he also lost credibility stating their upcoming Sophomore will run Southeast Ohio. The kid is a good athlete, just not a QB. He's actually a better basketball player. Carpenter is 5x the QB.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Not only that but that is just POOR! After Nick Saban and many other SEC and BIG10 schools have sent their recruiting departments here to SE Ohio and have tried to get at least a verbal commitment for Mr. Carrio, you have a small minded burg poster come on here and try and trash the kid by calling him “Overrated.”

This is a true low for their fan base to attack a 16 yr who has gained this national recognition! Reprehensible!

I hope this Pirate69 isn’t an Ohio State Buckeye fan b/c here in a few years when Carrio is representing the Scarlet and Gray, Piratefan 69 will have to find a new team.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

vladimir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:23 pm Not only that but that is just POOR! After Nick Saban and many other SEC and BIG10 schools have sent their recruiting departments here to SE Ohio and have tried to get at least a verbal commitment for Mr. Carrio, you have a small minded burg poster come on here and try and trash the kid by calling him “Overrated.”

This is a true low for their fan base to attack a 16 yr who has gained this national recognition! Reprehensible!

I hope this Pirate69 isn’t an Ohio State Buckeye fan b/c here in a few years when Carrio is representing the Scarlet and Gray, Piratefan 69 will have to find a new team.
If anything, I'd say playing in SEO makes actual DI prospects underrated. Carrico is no exception. He'd be even more touted if he played somewhere else, but playing here actually negatively affects being seen. But it does go to show that if you have talent, and unfortunately at that level, you also have to have the size, then you will be found.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:35 pm
vladimir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:23 pm Not only that but that is just POOR! After Nick Saban and many other SEC and BIG10 schools have sent their recruiting departments here to SE Ohio and have tried to get at least a verbal commitment for Mr. Carrio, you have a small minded burg poster come on here and try and trash the kid by calling him “Overrated.”

If anything, I'd say playing in SEO makes actual DI prospects underrated. Carrico is no exception. He'd be even more touted if he played somewhere else, but playing here actually negatively affects being seen. But it does go to show that if you have talent, and unfortunately at that level, you also have to have the size, then you will be found.
SAY WHAT?!??!

Even more touted? As a HS Jr., He’s already a 4-star recruit and has numerous offers from many major D1 programs.
Did you check the posted web linkage before making this post? All 4-CFP programs including also Alabama have sent their recruitment staff to Ironton to sign him. To say “Even more touted,” is irrelevant b/c he’s already there as a Jr.

Athens, Ohio Joe Burrow of LSU via OSU is on his way to win the Heisman and a #1 NFL draft pick.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

vladimir wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:36 am

SAY WHAT?!??!

Even more touted? As a HS Jr., He’s already a 4-star recruit and has numerous offers from many major D1 programs.
Did you check the posted web linkage before making this post? All 4-CFP programs including also Alabama have sent their recruitment staff to Ironton to sign him. To say “Even more touted,” is irrelevant b/c he’s already there as a Jr.

Athens, Ohio Joe Burrow of LSU via OSU is on his way to win the Heisman and a #1 NFL draft pick.
I think your both right. I’m pretty sure if carrico played In a State like Florida Texas California and was doing the same things he would be ranked way higher than 198/300 top juniors. But for him to be a junior 4 star ranked 198/300 on ESPN recruiting site is pretty amazing to be from this area. Even though Ohio has a ton of kids go d1 every year it doesn’t get the love some other states get
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Even though none of this matters when your still getting where you want to go and I think Reid is achieving that part.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:57 am Even though none of this matters when your still getting where you want to go and I think Reid is achieving that part.
Serious question here. I think Reid is the real deal but looking forward to his college career, how does he stack up with kids with his ability and size? Around here, he’s always going to be arguably the best player on field in every game.

Would him going to a prep school help himself prepare for becoming a starter for Ohio State should he end up there? Does he have NFL potential?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I kind of agree with your assessment about burgs freshman qb, except he’s extremely athletic, very coachable, and will put in the time to become better at being a QB. Will that be enough, not sure. Regardless he will be on the field.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:29 am
vladimir wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:36 am

SAY WHAT?!??!

I think your both right. I’m pretty sure if carrico played In a State like Florida Texas California and was doing the same things he would be ranked way higher than 198/300 top juniors. But for him to be a junior 4 star ranked 198/300 on ESPN recruiting site is pretty amazing to be from this area. Even though Ohio has a ton of kids go d1 every year it doesn’t get the love some other states get
Yes. This is all I meant. Must not have been as clear as it sounded to me. And Joe still never really got his due until what, a year ago? Nebraska told him they didn't want him. Thanks for explaining this better.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:15 am
I kind of agree with your assessment about burgs freshman qb, except he’s extremely athletic, very coachable, and will put in the time to become better at being a QB. Will that be enough, not sure. Regardless he will be on the field.
Did they play in 8th?
Score?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 am
wobycat wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:15 am
Did they play in 8th?
Score?
Burgs 8th beat Ironton in 8th last year in a really close game. Burgs best running back and lb didn’t play this year because he transferred to valley. Also another player that came in 8th grade went back to valley as well. Three of the players that played in game last year didn’t play in the freshman game for burg.

Return to “Football”