State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

greygoose wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:48 pm
Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm Egos and bluster from one of the worst fan bases in the state are bitch slapped back to reality. Today is a good day. 8-)
Guessing that's what happened with your coaching days, you had to much of an ego and you got bitch slapped out the door. Gotta be tough to relive that so many times over that you feel the need to try and redeem yourself through these sites you pound your chest on like you actually have an ounce of knowledge. These teams win, you obviously never could, when you have to have a site make you feel good it's a sad sad day for you as the more I read the more I realize you're simply a sad old man getting his jollies from a group of teenagers playing a sport you couldn't coach them in and it obviously hurts a ton. I'm sorry man, just starting to truly understand the depth of your sorrow. I'll pray for you.
well said goose. he ain't worth the time to respond to. but I can't help it. like ron white said
I know i have the right to remain silent, I just can't.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

kantucky wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:22 pm Wow! the 77 yard Ironton TD pass last night was a Div 5 record! That’s pretty darned cool!
I think that pass traveled close to 60 yards in the air. what a throw and catch.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

let's let these young men and coaches and fans reflect on an amazing season and not be distracted by people who's opinion's don't matter anyway. the only person being made a fool of is the poster being negative. and that's a fact.
I'd keep quiet or wash my eyes out with sea salt before I responded to a program like this that just lost a close state championship game. it's ridiculous, but expected.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

callie15 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:12 pm I not sure but this might be the weakest div 5 playoff ever. I think div 6 winner would have beat either one of these teams. Neither one of these teams should have made it past week 12.
Really and which one of the teams they beat should've gotten this mythical pass to advance after getting ousted?? When you start comparing division champions at the lower levels it's easy to say division 5,6,7 could've beaten one another. Anna and Marie Stein could have and would've competed with ironton and Kirtland but there's no other team from DV that you can sit here and say Anna and Marie Stein couldn't compete with or beat. It's like that every year when you get to this point but to say neither of these teams deserved to play past week 12 means you're saying they should've lost in the 2nd round since they shouldn't have gotten past week 12. So who should've beat them in their region, that you know didnt beat them??

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

callie15 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:12 pm I not sure but this might be the weakest div 5 playoff ever. I think div 6 winner would have beat either one of these teams. Neither one of these teams should have made it past week 12.
First of all congrats to both schools for their accomplishments this year but I have to agree with this statement. I have watched Kirtland in their previous two state titles and this was the worst team of the three undoubtedly, Ironton was beat by region runner up Ashland who was DISMANTLED by Belfry Ky. Div 5 must have been weak as all get out this year.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Congrats to the Tigers on a great season! But what surprised me the most about the DV championship game was the attendance only 4,880 that was really low and I really think that the Buckeyes game playing at the same time had a lot to do with that and the travel. So please OHSAA please move the State games back to the Shoe!

Burg grad 85
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Fighting Tigers on a great season. There were only 14 schools in the entire state that played in week 15. The challenge for Ironton going forward will be to take the work ethic that made IHS exceptional this year and continue it into the off season and next year's 2020 goals. I would have to think that those players returning have a burning desire to get back to Canton and play in week 15 again, but with a different outcome.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

OVC wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:59 pmThere’s a “politics” page if you want to talk income disparities. Focus on the football here, pal
It's the OHSAA that debated including some kind of income factor into CBP not me. I think it's a fair argument that's worthy of discussion.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:22 pm
Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm Egos and bluster from one of the worst fan bases in the state are bitch slapped back to reality. Today is a good day. 8-)
Guessing that's what happened with your coaching days, you had to much of an ego and you got bitch slapped out the door. Gotta be tough to relive that so many times over that you feel the need to try and redeem yourself through these sites you pound your chest on like you actually have an ounce of knowledge. These teams win, you obviously never could, when you have to have a site make you feel good it's a sad sad day for you as the more I read the more I realize you're simply a sad old man getting his jollies from a group of teenagers playing a sport you couldn't coach them in and it obviously hurts a ton. I'm sorry man, just starting to truly understand the depth of your sorrow. I'll pray for you.
well said goose. he ain't worth the time to respond to. but I can't help it. like ron white said
Nor should you. Be really honest, bait. They throw around a lot of venom and innuendo. If you bust expect someone to bust back. That's just how it goes.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 am

Nor should you. Be really honest, bait. They throw around a lot of venom and innuendo. If you bust expect someone to bust back. That's just how it goes.
Burg 2017 state champions
Ironton 2019 state runner ups

Go to burg for rings.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it must be exhausting being you.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Congratulations from Burg country. Ironton had a great season and should be commended for that. Luckily MOST of each base has a mutual respect as, outside of a few bad apples who seem to be showing themselves on this forum.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Kirtland Schools
Poverty Rate -- 4.5%
Median Home Value -- $285K
District Square Mileage -- 25

Ironton Schools
Poverty Rate -- 25.4%
Median Home Value -- $81K
District Square Mileage -- 4

South Point Schools (Lawrence County)
Poverty Rate -- 26.3%
Median Home Value -- $95K
District Square Mileage -- 28

Northwest Schools (Scioto County)
Poverty Rate -- 14%
Median Home Value -- $83K
District Square Mileage -- 184

By no means do these numbers detract from what Ironton did this year... They were a very, very, very, very good football team.

But these numbers do illustrate that Kirtland is consistently very good for very real reasons.They are a smaller-division school (D5 or lower), they have a reasonably high population density, and they have money which equals STABILITY... kids can stay in the program and afford to focus on the program all the way through.

It doesn't even have to be enough money to get special training at a scouting center... just enough that they can stay fully participating in what the school offers. Enough that kids aren't pulled away by stuff in their home lives and enough that they don't feel that they absolutely have to go get jobs just to have some of the status things their classmates have.

Other factors can contribute to success over the short-term (move-ins, transfers, etc), but the long game for smaller schools is population density and financial/familial stability. Also, the poverty rate for school districts is often under-reported because that is often based on free lunch applications.

Of course, I'm sure that one can find individual districts which deviate from the trend... but more often than not.

* Source --
Ohio School District Demographic Characteristics
http://proximityone.com/sd_oh.htm

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

madpolecat wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:57 pm Kirtland Schools
Poverty Rate -- 4.5%
Median Home Value -- $285K
District Square Mileage -- 25

Ironton Schools
Poverty Rate -- 25.4%
Median Home Value -- $81K
District Square Mileage -- 4

South Point Schools (Lawrence County)
Poverty Rate -- 26.3%
Median Home Value -- $95K
District Square Mileage -- 28

Northwest Schools (Scioto County)
Poverty Rate -- 14%
Median Home Value -- $83K
District Square Mileage -- 184

By no means do these numbers detract from what Ironton did this year... They were a very, very, very, very good football team.

But these numbers do illustrate that Kirtland is consistently very good for very real reasons.They are a smaller-division school (D5 or lower), they have a reasonably high population density, and they have money which equals STABILITY... kids can stay in the program and afford to focus on the program all the way through.

It doesn't even have to be enough money to get special training at a scouting center... just enough that they can stay fully participating in what the school offers. Enough that kids aren't pulled away by stuff in their home lives and enough that they don't feel that they absolutely have to go get jobs just to have some of the status things their classmates have.

Other factors can contribute to success over the short-term (move-ins, transfers, etc), but the long game for smaller schools is population density and financial/familial stability. Also, the poverty rate for school districts is often under-reported because that is often based on free lunch applications.

Of course, I'm sure that one can find individual districts which deviate from the trend... but more often than not.

* Source --
Ohio School District Demographic Characteristics
http://proximityone.com/sd_oh.htm
This is true, but don't use it as an excuse. Kirtland's main reason for success is hard work, culture and coaching, as is Ironton's. It is what it is. What's sad is Lawrence County has a much lower poverty rate than most of the other counties in southeastern Ohio. I'd be interested to see Vinton County Local's and Meigs Local's poverty rate. Both have about 90% free and reduced lunch numbers.

NotBlizzardMan
Waterboy

Post by NotBlizzardMan »

Kids from those counties have been taught to make excuses for falling short. RV hasnt had a player with any moxie ever.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

NotBlizzardMan wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:22 pm Kids from those counties have been taught to make excuses for falling short. RV hasnt had a player with any moxie ever.
River valley?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Kirtland was in the weight room Sunday according to an article I read. They have a full time paid strength/conditioning coach that has the weight room open every morning and the whole team is there working out. This is a very big reason for their success. The Tigers lost that work ethic for a few years but Coach P has brought it back. :)

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Congrats to the Ironton Tigers on a GREAT season! This southern Ohio boy is proud of you. I get on here less and less these days bc just like the old Puddle, the idiots are now outnumbering the thoughtful posters. Guys like Bait, Bleeding Red, Vette Man, Kantucky, and Ironman92 are becoming the minority. It's truly a shame.

caliron
Waterboy

Post by caliron »

frankie wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:50 pm Kirtland was in the weight room Sunday according to an article I read. They have a full time paid strength/conditioning coach that has the weight room open every morning and the whole team is there working out. This is a very big reason for their success. The Tigers lost that work ethic for a few years but Coach P has brought it back. :)
I have to wonder if any of their football team plays basketball.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

laser breath wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:21 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 am

Burg 2017 state champions
Ironton 2019 state runner ups

Go to burg for rings.
They’re both equally great schools but you can’t seem to stop bashing Ironton every chance you get. You’re on every Ironton topic, contributing absolutely nothing to the conversation going on, except loads of hate. Please grow up, you make your fan base look bad.

Return to “Football”