Week 12: WOOD BURG

SpeedKillz

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:44 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 pm
victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:48 pm

I am pretty sure you speak just as glowingly about your tigers. I know ironton has the best team they have had since maybe 09 when they lost to Hartley and if burg loses to wood. I will be supporting ironton all the way thru their run. I can’t understand why it bothers you so much that Burg fans believe in their team and support them so much when I see the same thing in your posts about the tigers this year.
Because when it comes down to it, Burg oversells. They ( fan base) have been overselling since preseason. They very well could win this game, but to present it as some sort of forgone conclusion is laughable. Do programs respect Burg? Sure they do. But they do not fear them. No program fears Wheelersburg. That's not how competitive nature works. For competitive programs, Burg is either viewed as an obstacle or a target. Same goes for everyone.

I've read enough to understand the B in burg, stands for bluster. What Burg is this week at the point of kick off against Ridgewood is the team that edged Minford by the narrowest of margins late in the game of their 1st round home playoff matchup.
They are the team, who only a week after being crowned with their conference championship, needed every second to get by a conference opponent. They are no more or no less.

I think it will be a very competitive contest between two obviously strong and very proud programs who share a brief post season history and familiarity.

Odds say Ridgewood. Hard to argue why. That said, this is the prep level, and just maybe intangibles weigh a lil heavier..

Wheelersburg 27
Ridgewood 17
No one can just give credit to beating a good minford team. Amazing.
Just because they match up in a way that causes issues for Burg, it does not then equate to Minford being a "strong" team. It doesn't. It's not the same thing at all. No disrespect intended, but there is nothing special about Minford.

And what credit would you have anyone give? You won the game. Congrats. The goal is to win and advance at the end of the day.

All that said, I see a team that is capable of spurts of really solid play, but also a team that is very capable of losing focus. I don't much take issue with anyone saying Burg is going to win this game. As you see above, I agree. But Burgs fanbase should relax it with all the talk about dominating opponents. They haven't dominated anything, and are very fortunate to still be playing.

THAT is what "Da Word" is for Burg.

Let's see who they decide to be this week. My prediction is in hopes they can show some consistency and hopefully better focus. I'm holding out hope for a team that seems to have kinda limped it's way in.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:59 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 pm
victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:48 pm

I am pretty sure you speak just as glowingly about your tigers. I know ironton has the best team they have had since maybe 09 when they lost to Hartley and if burg loses to wood. I will be supporting ironton all the way thru their run. I can’t understand why it bothers you so much that Burg fans believe in their team and support them so much when I see the same thing in your posts about the tigers this year.
Because when it comes down to it, Burg oversells. They ( fan base) have been overselling since preseason. They very well could win this game, but to present it as some sort of forgone conclusion is laughable. Do programs respect Burg? Sure they do. But they do not fear them. No program fears Wheelersburg. That's not how competitive nature works. For competitive programs, Burg is either viewed as an obstacle or a target. Same goes for everyone.

I've read enough to understand the B in burg, stands for bluster. What Burg is this week at the point of kick off against Ridgewood is the team that edged Minford by the narrowest of margins late in the game of their 1st round home playoff matchup.
They are the team, who only a week after being crowned with their conference championship, needed every second to get by a conference opponent. They are no more or no less.

I think it will be a very competitive contest between two obviously strong and very proud programs who share a brief post season history and familiarity.

Odds say Ridgewood. Hard to argue why. That said, this is the prep level, and just maybe intangibles weigh a lil heavier..

Wheelersburg 27
Ridgewood 17

Why is it such a problem that Burg oversells the desire for their team? Isn't that allowed on a blog site by the fans from Burg?

Bottom line is it kills all of you to the point that you have to come on to a Burg thread and just bash the hell out of the Burg. Guy I work with asked me why do the Burg threads have so many more post than most of the other ones? I told him because so many other fans from the likes of ironton, Portsmouth, West, Minford, South Webster and a host of others like to come onto a Burg thread and stir s@#t up. Has been like that since these sites like this one started. It was the same on JJHuddle back in the day. Burg fans are not allowed to say anything positive without getting trashed.

The sad part about a lot of the garbage about how Burg will win by 50 and lot of the other nonsense on Burg threads about Burg isn't actually from Burg fans. Yes, there are quite a few Burg fans that sometimes are just clueless but it is there given right to post a score or give there insight on how the game might go. I for one very rarely give a prediction and especially not in a game like this where both teams could win by a little or blow each other out.

Good luck Pirates! Hell, we know that the majority of Scioto County is pulling for you to lose.

If he clutches his pirate pearls any tighter their will be a stow away soprano on the ship. 😂

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

good luck to the wheelersburg pirates, represent the SOC II and most importantly southeastern ohio

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Pirates.....

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Gameday! Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by formerfcfan »

Going to bring these back to the newer posts.

Amicis_Addict wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm Any poster on here from Lancaster help me out? What am I looking at as far as tailgate space? Parking fees? If we choose not to tailgate any good places to eat near the stadium? Thanks in advance!
Glad you asked. Sooner or later I figured some advice would be summoned. :mrgreen:

There are three places to park, but neither are incredibly large. There is the south lot that functions as the parking space abutting Thomas Ewing JH and the bus barn (marked on the attachment as “1”, the north lot that is by the high school and tennis courts “2”, and street parking along Arbor Valley Dr “3.”)

Tailgating: if you go in the north lot, you could ideally do tailgating in the lot. The north lot is a little bit of a walk but not an insufferably long one. I’ve never seen anyone do a notable tailgate there in recent memory, but then again this is only Lancaster’s second year of hosting playoffs after the longest hiatus. You may want to do it a little deeper and further off into the lot. When I was in school, we did a tailgate with our class in the grass field by the entrance from the south lot. It was a great time. But we also made sure to do our drinking before the tailgate. However, I’m not too sure if the site administration at Lancaster have become complete tight-asses since then. That area is also where the sheriff’s deputies tend to park for the Lancaster HS games. Unsure if they’ll be there for a playoff game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Places to eat: This is where the city of Lancaster embarrasses me. Despite the fact it’s a larger city, there are better, more plentiful places to eat in Portsmouth and Chillicothe, even Circleville, than Lancaster.

If you’re coming from Coshocton County, you should expect to be in Lancaster by 4:30-5 just in case or you’re SOL. The way you’re coming into Lancaster puts you a little ways off from where the primary concentration of food along Memorial Drive (U.S. Route 33-A) is. Along Memorial you’ll find a Buffalo Wild Wings. It’s a big one. Three levels: host/hostess can seat you in the ground floor or the mezzanine, you can seat yourselves upstairs on the third floor. Long bar. Across from the Bw3 is a Mexican restaurant called Fiesta Tropicana. Not bad, but may be out of season so to speak. Further up along Memorial but also further out of the way back to the stadium you’ll find Applebee’s, Red Lobster, IHOP, Bob Evans and Olive Garden. But again all of those places are really out of the way.

There are some good local spots closer to the stadium. These are all located east of downtown Lancaster, in the area of where US 22 and State Route 188 meet. The Pink Cricket and the Cherry Street Pub all have great food and good beer. There’s also a local bar called the Fairview Inn that’s a Lancaster tradition like no other. It’s right by the stadium. They don’t have a full menu but they got big fish sandwiches, steak sandwiches and hella good prices on other stuff. Of course.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Just saw this on FB. Hype video!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Good luck burg hope to see you next week.. southeastern Ohio will be represented either way

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Go Pirates

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Good luck Pirates from this Trojan fan.

Stop the bubble screen ( or if this crew calls the hold on it) and you will be fine, Burg secondary can run with Wood receivers and as good as their QB is with his legs, that will not win wood the game.

I’ll take Burg by 10.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I might have to listen to Burg fan. They always make me laugh. Go Burg

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Good luck Pirates!

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I know the OHSAA doesn’t allow an official stream of it but any fans doing a Facebook live?? Love to watch this one.

ohioriverfisher
Waterboy

Post by ohioriverfisher »

Go burg!!

ohioriverfisher
Waterboy

Post by ohioriverfisher »

Any streams going on? Spectrum got it?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I might stream some, it's a little cold for glove free hands for the whole night.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

ohioriverfisher wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:50 pm Any streams going on? Spectrum got it?
Just radio. Spectrum only has done the Friday games

https://mywtnsradio.com/?fbclid=IwAR2EW ... J7rgf_aEUA

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:58 pm I might stream some, it's a little cold for glove free hands for the whole night.
Do it

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I’m getting chills from the water jugs.

Return to “Football”