SEOP

Re: Week 12: WOOD BURG

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I know. Why Worry!!!!!

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:43 pm I know. Why Worry!!!!!
I know, right?
burg.jpg

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:57 pm
Knowitall222 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm You ever heard of strength of schedule!!! You think Wood would still be undefeated had they played Burg's schedule??

First off you would say no because they played your all mighty Tigers.

Bottom line is Ironton wants Wood to win so they don't have to face Burg again.

I'm not a fan of either of these but I'm still allowed to read and get my kicks.

No way in hell Arnton wants to play Ridgewood over Burg LMAO. Ridgewood will beat both of these Teams only difference is they will take Burg to the Woodshed no pun intended . And Ironton will give them some what of a game

I don't think they would because Ironton has trouble defending the pass. They got lucky in not facing any teams this year that pass the ball that much
You must not know anything about Garaway then...

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:47 pm I have to hand it to the Wheelersburg's fans. Now, anyone who's watched me knows I've spoken glowingly of their program but guys, to be so confident facing a team like undefeated team Ridgewood, who have flat out steamrolled all their opponents..... when the Burg is 8 & 3 and just barely squeaked by Minford last week?....well, that's some optimism!

My hat's off to you for supporting your team in such a way
I am pretty sure you speak just as glowingly about your tigers. I know ironton has the best team they have had since maybe 09 when they lost to Hartley and if burg loses to wood. I will be supporting ironton all the way thru their run. I can’t understand why it bothers you so much that Burg fans believe in their team and support them so much when I see the same thing in your posts about the tigers this year.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

The banter between burg fans and wood fans has been great on this thread. A lot of respect and knowledge shared between the two. Good luck to both and safe travels, injury free game. I'm pulling for burg but whomever wins good luck moving forward. These are kids, one game at a time boys.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:47 pm I have to hand it to the Wheelersburg's fans. Now, anyone who's watched me knows I've spoken glowingly of their program but guys, to be so confident facing a team like undefeated team Ridgewood, who have flat out steamrolled all their opponents..... when the Burg is 8 & 3 and just barely squeaked by Minford last week?....well, that's some optimism!

You were the same one last week talking about how Ridgewood wasn't the monster under the bridge that everyone is making them out to be, when talking about them playing the Trojans. You knocked their schedule and really doubted anything they had done. NOW this week because they're playing burg you jump on here and start screaming the exact opposite of what you said last week. COME ON MAN, stay consistent you didn't believe Ridgewood to be the monster under the bridge last week, don't beat the drum about how they've steamrolled all of their opponents this week. I mean you went so far as to say Ironton softened them up the week before and that's why Ridgewood did what they did to Portsmouth. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by greygoose on Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: WK12: Wheelersburg v Ridgewood

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:47 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:59 pm Isn't it funny that after all the bad mouthing of the Pirates after that 2-3 start with people saying we are really down this season, and they are going to go 4-6 at best, that once again they are the last team from Scioto county still playing football?

Ain't that a hoot!
Lol was there just 2 teams from Scioto county? And you are playing the team that beat the other Scioto county team.

Not the point. Doesn't matter how many got in. It just that as usually the case, Wheelersburg is the last team from Scioto county playing football every year.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Raycharles wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:09 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:57 pm
Knowitall222 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm

I'm not a fan of either of these but I'm still allowed to read and get my kicks.

No way in hell Arnton wants to play Ridgewood over Burg LMAO. Ridgewood will beat both of these Teams only difference is they will take Burg to the Woodshed no pun intended . And Ironton will give them some what of a game

I don't think they would because Ironton has trouble defending the pass. They got lucky in not facing any teams this year that pass the ball that much
You must not know anything about Garaway then...
He was speaking of Ironton not playing anyone the had a strong passing game I believe. I saw some of that Garaway game. RW broke their will in about the 3rd and they laid down. That's not a knock. I've seen Burg do that to opponent's as well. Get the Mo and go with it.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:48 pm

I am pretty sure you speak just as glowingly about your tigers. I know ironton has the best team they have had since maybe 09 when they lost to Hartley and if burg loses to wood. I will be supporting ironton all the way thru their run. I can’t understand why it bothers you so much that Burg fans believe in their team and support them so much when I see the same thing in your posts about the tigers this year.
I cannot believe I’m getting hammered for complimenting Wheelersburg! I’m kinda perplexed. Especially seeing how I’ve always spoken so complimentary over Burg’s program

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Wth1234
Waterboy

Post by Wth1234 »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:32 pm
victor creed wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:48 pm

I cannot believe I’m getting hammered for complimenting Wheelersburg! I’m kinda perplexed. Especially seeing how I’ve always spoken so complimentary over Burg’s program
If that's how you give compliments, you probably have a lot of enemies and few friends 😂

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 pm
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:59 pm Isn't it funny that after all the bad mouthing of the Pirates after that 2-3 start with people saying we are really down this season, and they are going to go 4-6 at best, that once again they are the last team from Scioto county still playing football?

Ain't that a hoot!
Lol was there just 2 teams from Scioto county? And you are playing the team that beat the other Scioto county team.

Not the point. Doesn't matter how many got in. It just that as usually the case, Wheelersburg is the last team from Scioto county playing football every year.

Well ,when you have all stars from all the other country schools it's no surprise. But even with that they don't go very far before playing a mediocre team from the north and getting hammered

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Knowitall222 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Well ,when you have all stars from all the other country schools it's no surprise. But even with that they don't go very far before playing a mediocre team from the north and getting hammered
Mediocre team? Which team are you talking about? Curious to know.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Best Week 12 thread on the board lol

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Burg surprises Ridgewood, just one of those feelings. Didn't play great at Minford which I think is directly related to one of those things where you are supposed to win, playing someone you just played 5 weeks earlier, not a lot of focus, typical motivation issues you see with HS kids. Thought there was some flatness maybe early on. Different situation, backed into corner as a bit of an underdog, kids will own that and respond differently. I honestly really like our chances.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Ain't that a hoot!

Excellent point! Wheelersburg plays anywhere from 11-15 games per year. No
other team in Scioto county ever does that. Heck, other than Ironton, who hasn’t done it much in past 6-7 years, no area team does this on a regular basis. That is an often over looked reason why The Pirates have been the premiere high school program in the past 15 years. Kids from all over the area want to be a part of winning like that. I was able to witness this at Ironton for parts of three to four decades. If made to tell the truth, neither Ironton or Wheelersburg fan base wants to play each other again this season. Burg would rather get Amanda and most Ironton fans want Ridgewood and the memory of spanking The Pirates earlier this year.

Either way, it’s great for Southern Ohio to have two great football programs and it would be awesome to see both of these schools playing each year for a league title as well.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Knowitall222 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Oh wow, now the Burg is getting players from other countries. First time I've heard that one. Sore losers making excuses, the SEOPS same ol same ol.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Ain't that a hoot!

Good for them thats great

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:03 am Burg surprises Ridgewood, just one of those feelings. Didn't play great at Minford which I think is directly related to one of those things where you are supposed to win, playing someone you just played 5 weeks earlier, not a lot of focus, typical motivation issues you see with HS kids. Thought there was some flatness maybe early on. Different situation, backed into corner as a bit of an underdog, kids will own that and respond differently. I honestly really like our chances.
I don’t know how you don’t get motivated for a team you beat by 1 point in OT and playing at home week 11. I’m sure Minford gave them their best shot for redemption but I don’t know how you come out flat in that situation. If you come out flat at HOME in the playoffs against a team you played earlier in the year that honestly thought they had a chance to beat you I would check their pulses. Not bashing just seems odd to me. But there is more fuel for the fire when you’re the underdog

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 am
Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:03 am Burg surprises Ridgewood, just one of those feelings. Didn't play great at Minford which I think is directly related to one of those things where you are supposed to win, playing someone you just played 5 weeks earlier, not a lot of focus, typical motivation issues you see with HS kids. Thought there was some flatness maybe early on. Different situation, backed into corner as a bit of an underdog, kids will own that and respond differently. I honestly really like our chances.
I don’t know how you don’t get motivated for a team you beat by 1 point in OT and playing at home week 11. I’m sure Minford gave them their best shot for redemption but I don’t know how you come out flat in that situation. If you come out flat at HOME in the playoffs against a team you played earlier in the year that honestly thought they had a chance to beat you I would check their pulses. Not bashing just seems odd to me. But there is more fuel for the fire when you’re the underdog
Honestly, I think they were flat because they didn't have school Thursday and Friday. The volleyball team went to the final four, so they took it off. But I actually give credit to minford, they played more inspired than what I thought they would have.

Return to “Football”