Week 12: WOOD BURG

vladimir
S

Re: WK12: Wheelersburg v Ridgewood

Post by vladimir »

EVL didn't throw the deep ball until he had to in the 4th, and look at what happened. Expect ridgewood to take 3x as many shots deep down the field.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:44 am
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:27 am From a Portsmouth fan, I’ll take the Burg here in a close one. Too many all around playmakers for the Pirates. Wood won’t get the pressure on the Burg QB that they got on Portsmouth, and Burg has a decent defense to slow the Generals down.

Burg has to stop the QB from running, burgs secondary will be fine against the deep ball. Most of Woods will come off the bubble screen. Which in my option a hold could be called on at anytime if wood blocks it the way they did against Portsmouth, but it’s a judgment call and up to the ref crew, as long as it’s consistent. Not every crew will be the same though some will call it some won’t.
Good luck pirates represent Scioto county well.

I’ll be rooting for you Waverly and Ironton now, till next year.
Just saying hard to see all of woods playmakers when you’re quickly down 28-0. I don’t think you saw half of the play makers we have. And why throw the ball down field if you can’t stop our screen game why give any of that up for next week... I think you’ll be surprised.
Very true, didn’t have to show a lot against the Trojans. I’ve also watched you all on film though and seen Burg a few times as well, I just think you will be in for a different animal this week with the pirates. Burgs coaches I’m sure already have a game plan in place to combat anything you can throw at them.

vladimir
S

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:37 pm
vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:27 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:34 am

Based on what? Your feelings?
Burg beat Ashland. The team that beat ironton. I’ll take your +24.5 bet.
OK, I'll bet you a cup of coffee.

No burg didn't beat Ashland, and anyone not drinking the orange kool-aid knows the Refs beat Ashland. There is no way with a straight face you cannot say that's exactly the case.

1)The phantom holding call on the screen pass that was ran for a TD;
2)The muffed punt that burg was given the ball only to score on the next play;
3)The PI at the end of the game on a pass that was so overthrown it hit the fence to put burg in FG range.

All 3 of those atrocious officiating calls lead to points by the burg. I'd be embarrassed to win a game like that with all the home cooking that was involved in the burg that night. Refs 17 Burg 17 vs Ashland 33

Wheelersburg will be exposed this week and it will be a 4-score game. I'm standing by it: Ridgewood +24.5. That's based on the teams I've watched this season, and that W'burg was just a few inches from being a 5-5 team. Also, it was some your fans who predicted running clock on Minford by the end of the 3rd, or else they felt you guys were in big trouble.

Hey, why’ll you’re at it how about how Burg cheated Madison last year as well. SMDFH!!

It doesn’t matter in the Ashland game, the calls were made by yes a terrible reffing crew. Ashland held on almost every play they scored on in the second half. On the fake punt that Burg tried,the Ashland defender with his back to the play grabbed the Burg receivers around the waist a full 2 seconds before the ball got there. No call. Burg would have scored on that drive at least a FG. Bottom line is you have to adjust to bad calls.
For the record, I've never supported any of that nonsense offered up by Middletown Madison.

That Ashland game was single handedly the very most amount of home cooking I've ever watch in any HS football game. It was abysmal, and that's being nice. The officiating in that game lead to points, points being taken off the board, and affected the final outcome of the game.

Burg will get exposed this week in a big way. Keep drinking the Orange Kool-aid and when the Generals send you home from Lancaster via a running clock, I'll have enough class not to say I told ya so. Ridgewood +24.5 O/U 62.5

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
RaceEagle
Waterboy

Post by RaceEagle »

Burg will get exposed this week in a big way. Keep drinking the Orange Kool-aid and when the Generals send you home from Lancaster via a running clock, I'll have enough class not to say I told ya so. Ridgewood +24.5 O/U 62.5
[/quote]

technically, I think if you are implying Ridgewood will win by that much wouldn't it be Ridgewood -24.5? I'm not 100% sure on that though.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Yes, technically in sports book terms you are correct. I'm predicting Ridgewood by 4-scores, so they'll win by 24.5 or more points.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:37 pm

No burg didn't beat Ashland, and anyone not drinking the orange kool-aid knows the Refs beat Ashland. There is no way with a straight face you cannot say that's exactly the case.

3)The PI at the end of the game on a pass that was so overthrown it hit the fence to put burg in FG range.

All 3 of those atrocious officiating calls lead to points by the burg. I'd be embarrassed to win a game like that with all the home cooking that was involved in the burg that night. Refs 17 Burg 17 vs Ashland 33

Wheelersburg will be exposed this week and it will be a 4-score game. I'm standing by it: Ridgewood +24.5. That's based on the teams I've watched this season, and that W'burg was just a few inches from being a 5-5 team. Also, it was some your fans who predicted running clock on Minford by the end of the 3rd, or else they felt you guys were in big trouble.

Hey, why’ll you’re at it how about how Burg cheated Madison last year as well. SMDFH!!

It doesn’t matter in the Ashland game, the calls were made by yes a terrible reffing crew. Ashland held on almost every play they scored on in the second half. On the fake punt that Burg tried,the Ashland defender with his back to the play grabbed the Burg receivers around the waist a full 2 seconds before the ball got there. No call. Burg would have scored on that drive at least a FG. Bottom line is you have to adjust to bad calls.
For the record, I've never supported any of that nonsense offered up by Middletown Madison.

That Ashland game was single handedly the very most amount of home cooking I've ever watch in any HS football game. It was abysmal, and that's being nice. The officiating in that game lead to points, points being taken off the board, and affected the final outcome of the game.

And like I said Ashland got away with a ton of crap as well so it went both ways but since you are one of many Burg haters and always have been all you tend to see is the calls that went for the Burg. Hell, on the pick 6 by Ashland the defender knocked the Burg receiver down way before the ball got there and no call on that. We can hash this out all day and you're going to believe what you saw and I'll believe what I saw.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:04 am

Not from me, I never said how good one is or how bad the other is. I just think they're very similar and one isn't head and shoulders better than the other. If I'm dead honest, both Burg and Minford are mediocre DV playoff teams at best, and both are not anywhere near the caliber of R-wood or Ironton.

Now that the season is over, I'd say Minford is lucky they're not facing this team b/c I know R-wood is 3 or 4 more scores better. Same with Ironton, they would beat Minford by the same or more as the did the burg in week 1. If by some miracle Ironton plays burg again, it's going to be the same result just only in Week 13. However, no way that happens, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ridgewood +24.5 over the burg.

This is in reference to your 3rd point. This is from the NFHS rules

Pass Interference and illegal contact on a receiver
Pass interference is a judgment call. There can be contact beyond the line of scrimmage that is not pass interference. It is forward-pass interference if any player of A or B who is beyond the neutral zone interferes (to interpose in a way that hinders or impedes: come into collision) with an eligible opponent's opportunity to move toward, catch or bat the pass or hinders an opponent’s vision with out making an attempt to catch, intercept or bat the ball, even though no contact was made. There is no “5-yard bump and run” rule in High School Football. The pass being uncatchable has no bearing on the ruling of pass interference. Both receiver and defender have the right to catch the ball. An offensive receiver on his line may contact the defender across the line from them but, contact must terminate before traveling more than 2 yards down field if the ball is thrown across the line of scrimmage. Offensive receivers need to avoid contact with all defensive players as defenders are eligible receivers also. Any blocking down field by an offensive player is Offensive Pass interference if the ball crosses the line of scrimmage. A defensive player must avoid contact with a receiver who is no longer a potential blocker. So a receiver is a potential blocker until there is a pass. A defender can contact an offensive receiver until the ball is thrown. All plays are running plays until the ball is passed. Pass interference on the defense can only happen in the area of the field where the ball is thrown. Anywhere else on the field the contact with an eligible receiver is Illegal use of hands, holding or a personal foul. Incidental and unavoidable contact is not a foul. If a defender and receiver get their feet tangled, it is not a foul. If players are backing up to position them selves to catch a pass and bump into an eligible receiver, is not a foul. Use good judgment in determining if contact impeded or prevented a receiver or defender from moving toward, catching, intercepting or batting the ball.

2008 NFHS Rule 7-5 ART. 7 . . . Pass interference restrictions only apply beyond the neutral zone and only if the legal forward

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Execute, execute, execute. I have seen these games too many times before. Don't blink, don't flinch, don't get rattled. Make sure you tackle. Pirates will show up and play their game. The Wood is confident but don't get cocky. WE ARE THE BURG!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:05 pm , on the pick 6 by Ashland the defender knocked the Burg receiver down way before the ball got there and no call on that. We can hash this out all day and you're going to believe what you saw and I'll believe what I saw.
LOL, Boy you're neck deep in the Orange Kool-Aid my friend, but I can appreciate that you're a fan of your team so I don't hold it against you.

That's also a big bunch of nonsense, the Burg defended got tripped up by the turf monster and fell down on his own, the FS didn't touch him. The FS throws his arms up and turns towards the ref as to show he didn't touch him. The ball was picked right as the Burg kid tripped, so it was a bang bang play that wasn't affected by the Burg WR falling down. The CB came off his route, high pointed the ball and picked it, and he never touched the burg Wr at all. Video evidence is an amazing thing, isn't it?
Last edited by vladimir on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Pass interference is a judgment call. There can be contact beyond the line of scrimmage that is not pass interference. It is forward-pass interference if any player of A or B who is beyond the neutral zone interferes (to interpose in a way that hinders or impedes: come into collision) with an eligible opponent's opportunity to move toward, catch or bat the pass or hinders an opponent’s vision with out making an attempt to catch, intercept or bat the ball, even though no contact was made. There is no “5-yard bump and run” rule in High School Football. The pass being uncatchable has no bearing on the ruling of pass interference. Both receiver and defender have the right to catch the ball. An offensive receiver on his line may contact the defender across the line from them but, contact must terminate before traveling more than 2 yards down field if the ball is thrown across the line of scrimmage. Offensive receivers need to avoid contact with all defensive players as defenders are eligible receivers also. Any blocking down field by an offensive player is Offensive Pass interference if the ball crosses the line of scrimmage. A defensive player must avoid contact with a receiver who is no longer a potential blocker. So a receiver is a potential blocker until there is a pass. A defender can contact an offensive receiver until the ball is thrown. All plays are running plays until the ball is passed. Pass interference on the defense can only happen in the area of the field where the ball is thrown. Anywhere else on the field the contact with an eligible receiver is Illegal use of hands, holding or a personal foul. Incidental and unavoidable contact is not a foul. If a defender and receiver get their feet tangled, it is not a foul. If players are backing up to position them selves to catch a pass and bump into an eligible receiver, is not a foul. Use good judgment in determining if contact impeded or prevented a receiver or defender from moving toward, catching, intercepting or batting the ball.

2008 NFHS Rule 7-5 ART. 7 . . . Pass interference restrictions only apply beyond the neutral zone and only if the legal forward
Yeah, and it's all predicated by "IT'S A JUDGEMENT CALL."

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:18 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:05 pm , on the pick 6 by Ashland the defender knocked the Burg receiver down way before the ball got there and no call on that. We can hash this out all day and you're going to believe what you saw and I'll believe what I saw.
LOL, Boy you're neck deep in the Orange Kool-Aid my friend, but I can appreciate that you're a fan of your team so I don't hold it against you.

That's also a big bunch of nonsense, the Burg defended got tripped up by the turf monster and fell down on his own, the FS didn't touch him. The FS throws his arms up and turns towards the ref as to show he didn't touch him. The ball was picked right as the Burg kid tripped, so it was a bang bang play that wasn't affected by the Burg WR falling down. The CB came off his route, high pointed the ball and picked it, and he never touched the burg Wr at all. Video evidence is an amazing thing, isn't it?
I looked up the score vlad. I was right burg beat Ashland. Also looked up the Minford, Waverly scores. Yep beat them too. I was a little worried from all your bull on here. Why wouldn't you drink the orange kool aid. It takes you where you want to go.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Oh, okay. Since it was at the Burg the ref just had to screw Ashland. He didn't make the right call. What did your video evidence show on that play? The Ashland defender made contact which affected the play. PI. FIRST DOWNNNNNNNNNNN PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

laser breath wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:31 pm

I looked up the score vlad. I was right burg beat Ashland. Also looked up the Minford, Waverly scores. Yep beat them too. I was a little worried from all your bull on here. Why wouldn't you drink the orange kool aid. It takes you where you want to go.
Not happening this week, it's going to be a long cold drive home after y'all get a running clock put on you by Ridgewood.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:00 pm

Oh, okay. Since it was at the Burg the ref just had to screw Ashland. He didn't make the right call. What did your video evidence show on that play? The Ashland defender made contact which affected the play. PI. FIRST DOWNNNNNNNNNNN PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's still a judgement call, and even if I give you that one, you still have the muffed punt to where burg scores the next play. Then the phantom holding call on the screen pass that resulted in a TD being called back. That's still 14-points the refs handed to you on a silver platter and you know it. Burg didn't beat Ashland the Refs did, and that was still the biggest amount of home cooking I've ever seen in any HS football game.

I hate to break it to ya, but you're not going to get away with that nonsense in the playoffs.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:26 pm
laser breath wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Not happening this week, it's going to be a long cold drive home after y'all get a running clock put on you by Ridgewood.
That very well may happen as Ridgewood is a very talented team, but man am I happy this "down" Burg team has the opportunity to play in week twelve. Beats getting the round balls out a week earlier like most other teams in the area.
Last edited by spider2Ybanana on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I thought about replying to Comrade Vladimir but decided not to. GO Pirates!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GO WHEELERSBURG!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:38 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:00 pm

It's still a judgement call, and even if I give you that one, you still have the muffed punt to where burg scores the next play. Then the phantom holding call on the screen pass that resulted in a TD being called back. That's still 14-points the refs handed to you on a silver platter and you know it. Burg didn't beat Ashland the Refs did, and that was still the biggest amount of home cooking I've ever seen in any HS football game.

I hate to break it to ya, but you're not going to get away with that nonsense in the playoffs.

Yeah and I’m sure f you go look at the WHOLE game you will find some plays Ashland made n TD’s that should have came back.

I’d have to see video on the ball being touched by the Burg punt returner because that happened on the Burg side and if it did touch him it was by a pube hair and in a bang bang situation that would be hard to call since the ref was behind the receiver.

You’re reaching for hope that is just not there bud!

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:16 pm Execute, execute, execute. I have seen these games too many times before. Don't blink, don't flinch, don't get rattled. Make sure you tackle. Pirates will show up and play their game. The Wood is confident but don't get cocky. WE ARE THE BURG!
Where did any Wood fan get “cocky”?
From all the bickering on here I almost forgot Wood was playing Burg this week...
Wood program, players and coaches, have upmost respect for Burg. Hoping for a hard fought injury free football game.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Vladimir you aren't a fan of either of these teams so why don't you go run your mouth on somebody else's thread. It really does crack me up how these people from other teams that have no dog in this fight because their team lost come on here running their mouth about wheelersburg every year.
Sincerely, yh8awinner

Return to “Football”