Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

frankie
Varsity

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by frankie »

The Tigers have improved too and the defense is for real. They are alot better and more physical now than they were when they beat Burg.
They are a team that can win it and not by fluke either. The talk of Burg will beat the Tigers right now is just talk, not fact.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Wow, the excitement for this game just continues to build! This is what makes HS football the best.

I said a few weeks ago to some Ironton fans that we best not take Portsmouth lightly. These, ordinarily savvy gentlemen, quickly dismissed my comment and returned to their conversation about the Gallia Academy game. However, I don't believe for a minute that Coach Pendleton is taking this game for granted. He's learned a lot in the last year. Not only has Ironton improved but so has he. Who can mock our defense? That's silly

I find it amusing that so many Burg fans seemingly cannot let week 1 go and are itching for a rematch. I think deep down that they actually fear that their days as 'king of the hill' are coming to an end. I'm not saying it is, just saying I think those thoughts scare them, haunt them in their sleep, steals their sense of security and they wrestle with anxiety and self-doubt and feelings of worthlessness.

Now as for me, I've always held their program in high-esteem. They don't quit, and looking at where they're now ranked, that's still true.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have no problem with a burg/ironton rematch. but frankly I could care less. my thoughts are on Portsmouth only at this time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

If burg and ironton are going to see each other again, it will be week 13. There is no sense in even discussing it right now. Ironton, IMO will win this week and be the #1 team in the region. Burg will wind up 2 or 3 and that will mean a round 2 matchup with Ridgewood who is the #1 ranked team in the region (by Drew Pasteur ) (Pasteur also has Ridgewood #2 overall in div 5) and ironton will get more than likely an Amanda or col academy team round 2. Of course both have to win round 1. There is still a ton of football to be played before a rematch.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

I don't worry about Burg either, our next game is Portsmouth. Outright league title at stake for the Tigers against our oldest rival. Doesn't get any better than that. The Tank will be rockin' Friday night.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

victor creed wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 am If burg and ironton are going to see each other again, it will be week 13. There is no sense in even discussing it right now. Ironton, IMO will win this week and be the #1 team in the region. Burg will wind up 2 or 3 and that will mean a round 2 matchup with Ridgewood who is the #1 ranked team in the region (by Drew Pasture ) and ironton will get more than likely an Amanda or col academy team round 2. Of course both have to win round 1. There is still a ton of football to be played before a rematch.
I agree 100%, silly to discuss this game that might not even happen. I do understand their desire for a rematch but that's a long way away if it happens. Ironton still has Portsmouth to deal with. If Portsmouth could win this one I would imagine it could earn them a home playoff game, round 1? Does that seem plausible?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

kantucky wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 am Wow, the excitement for this game just continues to build! This is what makes HS football the best.

I said a few weeks ago to some Ironton fans that we best not take Portsmouth lightly. These, ordinarily savvy gentlemen, quickly dismissed my comment and returned to their conversation about the Gallia Academy game. However, I don't believe for a minute that Coach Pendleton is taking this game for granted. He's learned a lot in the last year. Not only has Ironton improved but so has he. Who can mock our defense? That's silly

I find it amusing that so many Burg fans seemingly cannot let week 1 go and are itching for a rematch. I think deep down that they actually fear that their days as 'king of the hill' are coming to an end. I'm not saying it is, just saying I think those thoughts scare them, haunt them in their sleep, steals their sense of security and they wrestle with anxiety and self-doubt and feelings of worthlessness.

Now as for me, I've always held their program in high-esteem. They don't quit, and looking at where they're now ranked, that's still true.

We've always been "king of the hill" ...back in your so called "hey day" you were a bigger school and now that the size is comparable, things have changed! I've heard the BS, Burg would've got stomped by Ironton back in the 80's and 90's... well, if you'd care to check, Burg in '89 beat the team (Warren Kennedy) in the state finals, that beat (Campbell Memorial) during the regular season... the same team you all struggled with, but beat in '89 state finals! Since you all are experts at score comparison, I guess that means we would've kicked your alls a**es back in your "hey day" in '89! I find it amusing that you all talk crap about your helmets being the most "iconic" in the state...with schools like MOONEY, ST. ED., ST. IGGY, STEUBENVILLE, MOELLER, COLDWATER, MARION LOCAL etc., etc., you people have the most "inflated egos" in the state! You brag about your "ragged a**" tiger bus that everyone joked about because it was always breaking down on the highway,! You haven't done squat in a decade, yet you come on here after recruiting 8 or 9 players in less than 1 school year, turn your mediocre team into a good team, then thump your chest like you've always been the stuff, arrogant! Let me tell you something, 'tucky... who was no where to be found these last few DOWN Ironton years! I PROMISE YOU!!! BURG DOES NOT FEAR IRONTON OR FEAR LOSING THEIR POSITION IN THE AREA!!! A winning heart and attitude is instilled in these kids from a young age...academics, sports and in their everyday walk in life, the teachers, are 2nd to NONE...the administration, 2nd to NONE...football coaching staff, 2nd to NONE...their entire sports program and coaching staffs... 2nd to none and community support, 2ND to NONE! That's why we produced a State Champion football team just 2 years ago (2017) that eats at the heart of tiger fans to this day! That's why we produced the state of Ohio's ONLY Nat'l Little League "WORLD CHAMPION"!!! Fear YOU! Now that's amusing!:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Bobbbbbb on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Listen to your buddy YTB...Portsmouth is next!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

EPIC meltdown there boobbbb. by gawd you tell it :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bobbbbbb wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:18 am
kantucky wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 am Wow, the excitement for this game just continues to build! This is what makes HS football the best.

We've always been "king of the hill" ...back in your so called "hey day" you were a bigger school and now that the size is comparable, things have changed! I've heard the BS, Burg would've got stomped by Ironton back in the 80's and 90's... well, if you'd care to check, Burg in '89 beat the team (Warren Kennedy) in the state finals, that beat (Campbell Memorial) during the regular season... the same team you all struggled with, but beat in '89 state finals! Since you all are experts at score comparison, I guess that means we would've kicked your alls a**es back in your "hey day" in '89! I find it amusing that you all talk crap about your helmets being the most "iconic" in the state...with schools like MOONEY, ST. ED., ST. IGGY, STEUBENVILLE, MOELLER, COLDWATER, MARION LOCAL etc., etc., you people have the most "inflated egos" in the state! You brag about your "ragged a**" tiger bus that everyone joked about because it was always breaking down on the highway,! You haven't done squat in a decade, yet you come on here after recruiting 8 or 9 players in less than 1 school year, turn your mediocre team into a good team, then thump your chest like you've always been the stuff, arrogant! Let me tell you something, 'tucky... who was no where to be found these last few DOWN Ironton years! I PROMISE YOU!!! BURG DOES NOT FEAR IRONTON OR FEAR LOSING THEIR POSITION IN THE AREA!!! A winning heart and attitude is instilled in these kids from a young age...academics, sports and in their everyday walk in life, the teachers, are 2nd to NONE...the administration, 2nd to NONE...football coaching staff, 2nd to NONE...their entire sports program and coaching staffs... 2nd to none and community support, 2ND to NONE! That's why we produced a State Champion football team just 2 years ago (2017) that eats at the heart of tiger fans to this day! That's why we produced the state of Ohio's ONLY Nat'l Little League "WORLD CHAMPION"!!! Fear YOU! Now that's amusing!:lol: :lol: :lol:
why don't you be honest bobbbbbbbbb and tell us what you're really thinkin' no need to hold back. lol yer a hoot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

some of the most hilarious posts on here are burg fans talking about open enrollment/recruiting. that hain't ever happened on the pirate ship

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:41 pm some of the most hilarious posts on here are burg fans talking about open enrollment/recruiting. that hain't ever happened on the pirate ship
Bait

There’s a difference between open enrollment and recruiting. There’s probably only a handful a people that know the truth, and it doesn’t matter. You still have to lineup and play

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton by 28.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

frankie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:56 am EPIC meltdown there boobbbb. by gawd you tell it :lol: :lol: :lol:

No meltdown chump... you flap your gums on here enough, huh? Just get tired of the "oooooooo everybody is scared of the tigers! " You all think you're the center of the universe... you're not! I can't wait till the playoffs loss comes and the usual..."we got CHEE-TUD!!! :lol: you just got a bad case of.... :mrgreen:

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:40 pm

why don't you be honest bobbbbbbbbb and tell us what you're really thinkin' no need to hold back. lol yer a hoot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get a job!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I call BS, name the 8 or 9 Transfers in one year lol, exaggerate much lol.

The only difference is Burg gets 4 years out of their transfers. CB numbers don’t lie.....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Let’s go Fighting Tigers, get after them pesky Trojans.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

y’all did come off the porch briefly in 82 and 83,but went back into
hibernation after two losses.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Hibernation? You talking about 'tucky and you over the last couple years during the lean years? It's all good now, huh?

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:45 pm

I call BS, name the 8 or 9 Transfers in one year lol, exaggerate much lol.

The only difference is Burg gets 4 years out of their transfers. CB numbers don’t lie.....
Yeah, some come in jr. high and play sports in high school, there's a big difference in coming in and going out and getting! ;)

Return to “Football”