Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

Post by BlizzardMan »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:26 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:56 pm
Half Slice wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Penrod really dropped a stinker last night. Kids weren’t mentally ready and then lost their composure with a multitude of penalties. With all the talk about culture he has established I was expecting more.
Don't believe this is true, but I mean you know he is going through a lot right now.
Sorry to hear he is experiencing problems.

I heard his speech two years ago by the victory bell after GA barely managed to beat a Tiger team decimated by injuries. They literally had 6 or 7 varsity player healthy. His words were very arrogant and intentionally aimed at the Ironton locker room door which is just feet away. Don’t ever tell me about the type of culture he is building. I heard it with my own ears. No thanks! You can keep it because that isn’t there way to lead young men. Pendleton’s boys could have put up 100 points Friday but he didn’t.
Disagreeing with how is certainly your prerogative, and you are right that Ironton could've scored much more. All I know is the origrsm.has come a very long way in a short time with him.at the helmet. So you could argue culture, but you could also say he has at least created a winning program again. I look at these teams now and think about the teams of the early 2000's, and the team from 2012, and they are still not near the level of those Gallia Academy teams, but I think they have that kind of long success in the OVC and with the program Penrod has built.

I really am sorry Ironton players and fans have felt disrespected the last two years, but I think you got your revenge last night. All that really matters us the here and now,.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:34 pm
Don't believe this is true, but I mean you know he is going through a lot right now.

I heard his speech two years ago by the victory bell after GA barely managed to beat a Tiger team decimated by injuries. They literally had 6 or 7 varsity player healthy. His words were very arrogant and intentionally aimed at the Ironton locker room door which is just feet away. Don’t ever tell me about the type of culture he is building. I heard it with my own ears. No thanks! You can keep it because that isn’t there way to lead young men. Pendleton’s boys could have put up 100 points Friday but he didn’t.
Disagreeing with how is certainly your prerogative, and you are right that Ironton could've scored much more. All I know is the origrsm.has come a very long way in a short time with him.at the helmet. So you could argue culture, but you could also say he has at least created a winning program again. I look at these teams now and think about the teams of the early 2000's, and the team from 2012, and they are still not near the level of those Gallia Academy teams, but I think they have that kind of long success in the OVC and with the program Penrod has built.

I really am sorry Ironton players and fans have felt disrespected the last two years, but I think you got your revenge last night. All that really matters us the here and now,.

Rule of tbumb for GA is to act like you been there before seven when you ain’t!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am outstanding effort by the fighting tigers. this jumped them to 1 in their region. and according to joe eitel assured a home game. now to come back down to earth and focus of a very good Portsmouth team. against one of the longest rivalries ever in ohio high school sports.
Yes because fortunately for Portsmouth, they still have their tailback and he's the best around.
Thanks Blizzardman for all this information from Ironton. Us Ironton fans really appreciate it!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

TigerMania wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:55 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 am outstanding effort by the fighting tigers. this jumped them to 1 in their region. and according to joe eitel assured a home game. now to come back down to earth and focus of a very good Portsmouth team. against one of the longest rivalries ever in ohio high school sports.
Yes because fortunately for Portsmouth, they still have their tailback and he's the best around.
Thanks Blizzardman for all this information from Ironton. Us Ironton fans really appreciate it!
As I said, bite me.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:51 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:34 pm

Rule of tbumb for GA is to act like you been there before even when you ain’t!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

There isn't a lot of analysis required here, no deep dive required into a bunch of data in search of some excuse to understand a 50 point delta. Different levels of football being played by these 2 teams, simple as that.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Half Slice wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Penrod really dropped a stinker last night. Kids weren’t mentally ready and then lost their composure with a multitude of penalties. With all the talk about culture he has established I was expecting more.

You can find that speech on Facebook as you can his speeches and very time we ring bell I just replayed it. I have no idea why as a ironton person you would take offense by that. He pretty much honored and respected that entire history of ironton football and how they wanted to become that for the future.

If your offended because he is a head football coach and he wants to build a team that wins every year and to do that he has to beat your team.

As a matter of fact I had a couple of ironton parents that stood next to me while he was speaking we were outside of ironton locker room. They thought it was impassioned speech and complimented our coach afterwards.

So you have the right to be offended by whatever you want. On Friday night at half I ventured over to the ironton sideline and visited with them so they could give me a hard time.

Listen we win as a team and we lose as a team. That loss is on coaching and players. He had been our head coach for 30 games now and that is first time we have ever came out just totally not there. You follow a team long enough every school will have one of these one time or another.

It is over. Move on to your next week. If you don’t like our coach you don’t have too. Heck you don’t have to pay any attention to us. Have a good week and congratulations on a great win.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Just got back into Franklin county after spending the last 3 days down that way visiting my mom. I got to Memorial friday and parked right behind visitors bleachers about 5:00 and was in first row. Tailgaters were out and I sat and talked to different folks including the radio announcers for Gallipolis who had parked beside me. They felt it would be a good game but were a little wary about Armstrong being out which they knew he would be. I spent the whole 1st half walking the fence from 20-20 on the Ironton side nearest whichever goal line Ironton was on offense heading towards as Gallipolis it seemed was on defense the whole first half other than one good drive and another that fizzled after a couple first downs. The Salyers kid impressed me with his 2 long bomb passes for td's one of which was caught 7 yards from where I was standing and had to be a perfect ball to fit it in between 2 defenders who had good coverage and were within a yard of the receiver on either side of him. Carrico and Fosson ran hard on offense all night and created their own holes at times as I thought Gallipolis was bigger overall on the d-line but 2nd and 3rd level defenders for Gallipolis had a hard time wrapping up tackles even though they could get there with their speed and quickness. I sat on the home bleachers after half to rest the old body and Ironton subbed everyone frequently right after the first score of the 3rd quarter. The defense for Ironton is allowing around 5-6 points a game and I now understand why. They definitely put on a show friday night and IMO in D5 they can win the region if this same team shows up in postseason.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo ! Ironton is loaded 4 transfers !If Point had not lost there best back GA would have lost that game ! QB for GA had big shoes to fill ,GA will be back next season ! Armstrong back will be a night mare for the league .

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Ironton was not 52 points better than GA, coaching for Ironton was outstanding, they found the weak spots on the defensive,offense, & special teams. GA hasn’t looked any different since week 1, same offensive plays, same defensive alignment, and special teams are very poor. I don’t think Penrod and the staff put the team in the right position to content for a title.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

They were 52 points better when the clock ran out.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Still in shock over this one. Hats off to the Tigers for playing lights out. Best of luck to the Tigers, from here on out, though I will be pulling for the Trojans next week. (Gotta get those L2 points!)

That said, I don't think GA gave the Tigers their A game, even without Armstrong.

I think the score would be very different, were the game played again. I don't think GA would have won, necessarily. But I don't think a blowout like this would be a common thing.

Move on to South Point and get ready travel, come Week 11.

GO BLUE!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

New week. Time to put it to bed. Move on.

Return to “Football”