Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Ironton @ Gallia Academy (OVC Chip)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

seoinsider wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:10 pm Are new players coming in?

Or have current players announced their leaving?

it's because he just bought a new house numbnuts.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 am

It was a joke numbnuts. Personally I found it odd that you researched it out. Unless you guys are like best friends.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

What's the rent? Who wouldn't want to live in the land of milk and honey?

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

mattash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:23 pm Hour from Ironton to Gallia? Best way 141?
Best way is to take 52, toward Huntington, then take the Chesapeake exit to Route 7. 141 is stupidly curvy and hilly. Took me 1:50 heading down through Kitts' Hill, from the French City. Took 1:15ish in rush hour traffic from Ironton to Gallipolis via US 52 E and OH-7 N

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Plus 141 has next to no cell service, so compounded with that nightmare of a road, may God forbid something happen to one of you driving it at night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

no I didn't research anything. I just happen to be friends with him. and I saw on his facebook page where he bought a new house. I just get tired of people knowing at ironton's football program. it is just jealousy of their success. they do things right there. always have. having been a part of the program at on time. I seen it 1st hand. the demands, the rules, the curfews, the penalties for mishaps, the fundamentals, the lessons learned after a loss. the whole 9 yards. the only thing realistically that anybody can harp on is open enrollment. this just in, it happens at every school. and sometimes the rich get richer because of success. prime examples are burg and ironton. I have no problem with someone wanting to go there because of a possible scholarship or being a part of a team possibly going to a state title game. and ironton is such a diverse place to go. you go to school with people from every walk of life, black, white, Mexican, Asian, exchange students. I'm so happy my sons got to experience that. graduate from ironton and play for coach lutz and coach triplett. it's just stuff like this that you posted that is degrading. an attempt to make the most storied program south of Columbus look like cheaters, or people bending the rules. I learned how to be a young man playing in the ironton program from like 2nd or 3rd grade on. and what we did in practices then would border on felonious assault now. that's why they were so tough. everybody loved to hate them. and many teams were beaten as soon as those fighting tiger charter greyhounds showed up. and the following from the city was amazing. and a ton of the fans that bad mouthed ironton all week from county schools all over became your friends on Friday night in the bleachers. next thing you know their kids are going there. so I say to you , it was an absolute honor to have been a small part of it, and I'm happy my own kids got to experience it as well. and to anybody hating on the tigers because of sustained success, they need to put that kind of effort in their own programs and emulate the fighting tigers and you'll likely see more success in your program. I know ironton is in the ovc now. and it's a great fit now. but for 45 years, nobody, I mean nobody played the big boys on Friday nights like the tigers. they scheduled up and found the toughest opponents they could. and no other program around did it like them. I loved being at state games and seeing school jackets from every district within 100 miles sitting in the ironton bleachers. it was an amazing site. and you would just have to have been a part of it to understand. so take all the jabs you want.because the fight is back in the fighting tigers. YTB .

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:56 am
mattash wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:23 pm Hour from Ironton to Gallia? Best way 141?
Best way is to take 52, toward Huntington, then take the Chesapeake exit to Route 7. 141 is stupidly curvy and hilly. Took me 1:50 heading down through Kitts' Hill, from the French City. Took 1:15ish in rush hour traffic from Ironton to Gallipolis via US 52 E and OH-7 N
I lived 8 miles out 141 for 32 years. I loved 141 to the French city. generally took about 45 minutes to get to the marina. but generally we'd make it take more like 80 minutes, because we just slow rolled and checked out the beautiful scenery and country. then when you leave the game and hit 141 by the marina. there was virtually no traffic, zilch. just had to keep an eye out for deer. because they are thick as bluegrass out there. all my cars had deerhorns on them. and I swear by them. we seen many times where we'd have our brights on and deer would be by the road. and they'd hear the horns and react by moving back from the road. plus there is no one out there to offend so a horn also helped. frankly I loved going to games there. and I'm old school anyway. so I loved the mudgames. that was football to me.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:08 am

So many recruits he had to sell the apartment and get a house! lol

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 am no I didn't research anything. I just happen to be friends with him. and I saw on his facebook page where he bought a new house. I just get tired of people knowing at ironton's football program. it is just jealousy of their success. they do things right there. always have. having been a part of the program at on time. I seen it 1st hand. the demands, the rules, the curfews, the penalties for mishaps, the fundamentals, the lessons learned after a loss. the whole 9 yards. the only thing realistically that anybody can harp on is open enrollment. this just in, it happens at every school. and sometimes the rich get richer because of success. prime examples are burg and ironton. I have no problem with someone wanting to go there because of a possible scholarship or being a part of a team possibly going to a state title game. and ironton is such a diverse place to go. you go to school with people from every walk of life, black, white, Mexican, Asian, exchange students. I'm so happy my sons got to experience that. graduate from ironton and play for coach lutz and coach triplett. it's just stuff like this that you posted that is degrading. an attempt to make the most storied program south of Columbus look like cheaters, or people bending the rules. I learned how to be a young man playing in the ironton program from like 2nd or 3rd grade on. and what we did in practices then would border on felonious assault now. that's why they were so tough. everybody loved to hate them. and many teams were beaten as soon as those fighting tiger charter greyhounds showed up. and the following from the city was amazing. and a ton of the fans that bad mouthed ironton all week from county schools all over became your friends on Friday night in the bleachers. next thing you know their kids are going there. so I say to you , it was an absolute honor to have been a small part of it, and I'm happy my own kids got to experience it as well. and to anybody hating on the tigers because of sustained success, they need to put that kind of effort in their own programs and emulate the fighting tigers and you'll likely see more success in your program. I know ironton is in the ovc now. and it's a great fit now. but for 45 years, nobody, I mean nobody played the big boys on Friday nights like the tigers. they scheduled up and found the toughest opponents they could. and no other program around did it like them. I loved being at state games and seeing school jackets from every district within 100 miles sitting in the ironton bleachers. it was an amazing site. and you would just have to have been a part of it to understand. so take all the jabs you want.because the fight is back in the fighting tigers. YTB .
I lol’d from start to finish on this one.

mattash
Site Admin

Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those week

Post by mattash »

https://seohiopreps.com/football/?post_type=post&p=4935

Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those weekly picks you make?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

https://seohiopreps.com/football/?post_type=post&p=4935

Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those weekly picks you make?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 am no I didn't research anything. I just happen to be friends with him. and I saw on his facebook page where he bought a new house. I just get tired of people knowing at ironton's football program. it is just jealousy of their success. they do things right there. always have. having been a part of the program at on time. I seen it 1st hand. the demands, the rules, the curfews, the penalties for mishaps, the fundamentals, the lessons learned after a loss. the whole 9 yards. the only thing realistically that anybody can harp on is open enrollment. this just in, it happens at every school. and sometimes the rich get richer because of success. prime examples are burg and ironton. I have no problem with someone wanting to go there because of a possible scholarship or being a part of a team possibly going to a state title game. and ironton is such a diverse place to go. you go to school with people from every walk of life, black, white, Mexican, Asian, exchange students. I'm so happy my sons got to experience that. graduate from ironton and play for coach lutz and coach triplett. it's just stuff like this that you posted that is degrading. an attempt to make the most storied program south of Columbus look like cheaters, or people bending the rules. I learned how to be a young man playing in the ironton program from like 2nd or 3rd grade on. and what we did in practices then would border on felonious assault now. that's why they were so tough. everybody loved to hate them. and many teams were beaten as soon as those fighting tiger charter greyhounds showed up. and the following from the city was amazing. and a ton of the fans that bad mouthed ironton all week from county schools all over became your friends on Friday night in the bleachers. next thing you know their kids are going there. so I say to you , it was an absolute honor to have been a small part of it, and I'm happy my own kids got to experience it as well. and to anybody hating on the tigers because of sustained success, they need to put that kind of effort in their own programs and emulate the fighting tigers and you'll likely see more success in your program. I know ironton is in the ovc now. and it's a great fit now. but for 45 years, nobody, I mean nobody played the big boys on Friday nights like the tigers. they scheduled up and found the toughest opponents they could. and no other program around did it like them. I loved being at state games and seeing school jackets from every district within 100 miles sitting in the ironton bleachers. it was an amazing site. and you would just have to have been a part of it to understand. so take all the jabs you want.because the fight is back in the fighting tigers. YTB .
It's not really jealousy. There are many things more important in most people's lives than the performance of the local high school football program. Why we don't like Ironton is because you put so much worth into it, you talk down to the rest of us with extreme arrogance. It's a bad quality. Ironton having sauccess does not bother us. The arrogance does.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Everyone that I have talked to thinks Ironton dominates this game start to finish. Gallia has to move the ball, Ironton's defense is really good in the front 6. Gallia needs to get creative and somehow put 14 points on the board as early as they can. The longer the game goes on being close, the better chance Gallia has. Ironton's offense isn't dynamic, but they can break a long play off at any time.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:26 am
It's not really jealousy. There are many things more important in most people's lives than the performance of the local high school football program. Why we don't like Ironton is because you put so much worth into it, you talk down to the rest of us with extreme arrogance. It's a bad quality. Ironton having sauccess does not bother us. The arrogance does.

You seem very bothered by Ironton. Every school has those fans, it’s not just one specific school. You either choose to ignore them or let them bother you to the point where you have to bad mouth them on a website every chance you get.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

hereforthecomments wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:46 am

You see

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

hereforthecomments wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:55 am
hereforthecomments wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:46 am

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those

Post by FANOSPORTS »

-Just my opinion:
1.) Defense wins championships (Ironton 6 ppg., Gallipolis 12 ppg.)
2.) Non conference SOS (Ironton opponents: 18-6 D5,D4,D3 - Gallipolis 3-18 D5,D5,D2)
3.) Home field advantage for Gallipolis (grass or turf- No, too much history in this one)
4.) Injuries - Armstrong playing and @ what % If he does ?
5.) Coaching - Even
Prediction: Ironton by 14

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Having a difficult, even agonizing, decision on which team – either Ironton or Gallia Academy – to choose for those

Post by portsmouth_98 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 am -Just my opinion:
1.) Defense wins championships (Ironton 6 ppg., Gallipolis 12 ppg.)
2.) Non conference SOS (Ironton opponents: 18-6 D5,D4,D3 - Gallipolis 3-18 D5,D5,D2)
3.) Home field advantage for Gallipolis (grass or turf- No, too much history in this one)
4.) Injuries - Armstrong playing and @ what % If he does ?
5.) Coaching - Even
Prediction: Ironton by 14
That's a compelling case.

bballfan
Waterboy

Post by bballfan »

Ironton superior in all aspects. Tigers by 24

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

It isn’t a jealousy of success, it is unfair that Ironton brings in 5-6 transfers and acts like it shouldn’t matter or effect the outcomes of games.

Return to “Football”