Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

svac83
SE

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Ironton @ Gallia Academy (OVC Chip)

Post by svac83 »

Let me say anyone who knows me or reads my posts here know that I don’t try to be disrespectful to anyone. And if calling a tiger a kitty cat is considered disrespectful and just not good clean fun. Then I think you are whacked in the head.

I root for the tigers most weeks of the year. Heck I wish you were 8-0 that would make beating ironton just a little bit sweeter.

I hope both teams have a injury free game and great playoff runs. But for this week. Relax and have a little fun. I think all the remarks about Gallia not playing anyone and how Gallia academy is this big school are hilarious. And my remarks were meant in the same spirit.

But as far as the game goes I think this is 2011, 2012, 2018 all over again two good teams going at it. One team will probably dominate most of the game but the other team will have the ball late in the 4th quarter with a chance to win. And what happens in those last few minutes will decide the league probably.

But I don’t think there is a sole from ironton that saw Gallia academy celebrate and pull out there league banner on there field that would not like to return the favor this week. If you don’t feel that way then I must say I don’t understand what makes you tick.

So I hop you guys bring a great crowd it has been a long time since we saw memorial field surrounded with people standing 3 or 4 rows deep hopefully we get it Friday night.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

TigerMania wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 am
laser breath wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:35 pm
brutus161 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:25 pm

I know I don't post here very often, but I am on here a lot to read. So this may be coming from the wrong person, but did you really just create a profile specifically to tell him to keep out of the Ironton threads?
happens all the time and it's usually women (moms)
Not a mom but I do agree with that statement. Just tired of ole Franklin Furnace people hating on Ironton. Blizzard man needs to get off the Ironton forums and stick with his neighbor forums the Wheelersburg Pirates! Also, I agree that some of our Ironton fans get a little big for their britches, but what team doesn’t have any of those fans. We are proud of our team and the turn around that has happened under the Pendelton era. Go Tigers!
Franklin Furnace? Dude you haven't got a clue. I am in no way associated with Burg. Just tired of hearing the arrogant disrespect of Ironton posters.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

For what it is worth....OHSAA website enrollment data for the 2018-2019 school year: (this does not include competitive balance)
Boys Girls
Gallia Academy- 221 223
Ironton- 160 154

No matter what the argument is, numbers don't lie. I even tried to give Gallia a chance by saying they offer more sports so despite having more boys in the school, those boys have more options and can be pulled away from football. But Ironton offers the same sports as Gallia. With the only exception being that Gallia offers a club fishing team that typically draws some boys away. But that is technically a spring sport, so not like that impacts football really.

porkyfan
Waterboy

Post by porkyfan »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:20 am For what it is worth....OHSAA website enrollment data for the 2018-2019 school year: (this does not include competitive balance)
Boys Girls
Gallia Academy- 221 223
Ironton- 160 154

No matter what the argument is, numbers don't lie. I even tried to give Gallia a chance by saying they offer more sports so despite having more boys in the school, those boys have more options and can be pulled away from football. But Ironton offers the same sports as Gallia. With the only exception being that Gallia offers a club fishing team that typically draws some boys away. But that is technically a spring sport, so not like that impacts football really.
Gallia has a boys soccer team and a girls soccer team. Ironton does not. either way enrollment should have nothing to do with what team is better. This is going to be used as an excuse.

varsity 1000 point club 6th man
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Earlier post svac83 says I hate Ironton and later in another post says he roots for Ironton most games... Talking out of both sides of his mouth..He'd make a great politican….Ironton will win this game...Depending on turnovers and breaks it could be close or possibly a blowout....

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

porkyfan wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am
Fonzie wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:20 am For what it is worth....OHSAA website enrollment data for the 2018-2019 school year: (this does not include competitive balance)
Boys Girls
Gallia Academy- 221 223
Ironton- 160 154

Gallia has a boys soccer team and a girls soccer team. Ironton does not. either way enrollment should have nothing to do with what team is better. This is going to be used as an excuse.

I don't disagree with you to a point. When the difference is less than 100 kids, probably won't have a huge impact. But divisions are split up by enrollment for a reason, so clearly there is an advantage to having more students to choose from.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I think it will be a great game either way i think junior jones may make a big play late like a few times earlier this season at the end of the game to seal the deal in a hard fought game

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Onlythefacts
Waterboy

Post by Onlythefacts »

Tigers win BIG!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This game technically is not for the OVC championship just yet..........even though Gallia Academy beat Portsmouth earlier (45-28), if Ironton would beat the Blue Devils on Friday, but lose to the Trojans the following week, there would be a 3 way tie for the title. Gallia would have the tiebreaker over Portsmouth, but Ironton would have the tiebreaker over Gallia, with Portsmouth having the tiebreaker over Ironton. Of course Portsmouth has to beat South Point on Friday for any of those possibilities to happen. If Gallia beats Ironton, even with a very improbable loss next week, the Blue Devils would have the tiebreaker over both Portsmouth and Ironton, regardless of the outcome of PHS vs. IHS. Would Gallia be considered the champion with a tiebreaker over both schools, or would it still be considered a co-championship?

I know that Ironton by most people will be a heavy favorite to win next week against the Trojans, but the engraver for the OVC championship trophy (if there is a trophy) had better hold off for another week if Portsmouth beats South Point and Ironton beats Gallia Academy.
Last edited by trojandave on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:09 am I think it will be a great game either way i think junior jones may make a big play late like a few times earlier this season at the end of the game to seal the deal in a hard fought game
The kid deserves it

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

What time is kickoff ? ..... and can anybody use the small lower parking lot on the north end of the field by the visitor bleachers and gate if they get there soon enough or is it reserved ? In the past decades I always parked at OVB or along the street but I'm getting old and those steps keep getting longer on the south end. :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I believe it is open parking, but it tends to fill up pretty quick. Folks make it down there as early as 4-4:30 for tailgating and whatnot, so if you want one of those spots, you better get there early!

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:48 pm What time is kickoff ? ..... and can anybody use the small lower parking lot on the north end of the field by the visitor bleachers and gate if they get there soon enough or is it reserved ? In the past decades I always parked at OVB or along the street but I'm getting old and those steps keep getting longer on the south end. :lol:
Kick off is at 7

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fonzie wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:08 pm I believe it is open parking, but it tends to fill up pretty quick. Folks make it down there as early as 4-4:30 for tailgating and whatnot, so if you want one of those spots, you better get there early!
Thanks

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

hereforthecomments wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:09 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:48 pm What time is kickoff ? ..... and can anybody use the small lower parking lot on the north end of the field by the visitor bleachers and gate if they get there soon enough or is it reserved ? In the past decades I always parked at OVB or along the street but I'm getting old and those steps keep getting longer on the south end. :lol:
Kick off is at 7
Thanks

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

mrwonderful wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:54 am Earlier post svac83 says I hate Ironton and later in another post says he roots for Ironton most games... Talking out of both sides of his mouth..He'd make a great politican….Ironton will win this game...Depending on turnovers and breaks it could be close or possibly a blowout....
Haha. Not at all not at all. I would hope every OVC team would root for other OVC teams in the non conforence portion of the schedule. This makes your league look stronger. And gives you more computer points towards playoffs if you are a good team. Now if I was a fan of any other team in league besides Gallia academy I would root against Gallia academy every week. Why Gallia is a bigger school more computer points. For a Gallia academy fan though the rest of league besides coal grove all the teams are same size so in computer points makes no difference who wins most weeks. So I am a big fan of coal grove winning games.

But all and all it would not be much fun to beat ironton as a 3-7 team or a 5-5 team. You want to beat a quality team. The two quality teams right now are you and Portsmouth so I want you to have good seasons. But you see I said most weeks. In week 10 I will be rooting for Portsmouth.

If that doesn’t make sense to you and you don’t understand it I don’t k ow what to tell you have a great week and go Blue

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ok the paved parking lot over the hill is for handicapped parking for anyone. But in the last couple of years they have opened the field behind the visiting bleachers for $5 open for anyone to park and tail gate. Some days I am not there until 630 and can still park there some nights I am all the way out on practice field down close to steps at other end of field but I have never been told the lot is full.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Gallia vs Ironton this is going to be a fun game big game atmosphere and Gallia should be rocking.
The field will become an issue especially if we get more rain the next couple of days. Gallia knows that field and that will potentially help.
Ironton is big strong and physical. Gallia is big strong and physical Both teams are loaded with talent this game will come down to the 4th quarter and we will see who the big time players are that make big time plays when the game is on the line. Both teams rosters pretty much create a who is who of the OVC all league teams.

I think Gallia wins this game tho 24-20

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ACHTUNG!!!

Silencio!

DANKE!!!

GEAUX, TIGERS!!!

Y it gotta be French?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm ACHTUNG!!!

Silencio!

DANKE!!!

GEAUX, TIGERS!!!

Y it gotta be French?
Well, if it was truly French then the matchup would be like this:

:lol: Gallia Academie Les Diables Bleus vs. Ironton Combattre Tigres :lol:

( The French version sounds like a Broadway play against an MMA fighter)

Return to “Football”