Gallia Academy 0 - 52 Ironton

Paulcrew
JV Team

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Ironton @ Gallia Academy (OVC Chip)

Post by Paulcrew »

I don’t see a lot of points being scored this week. natural dirt field in week 9
with at least two days of steady rain this week. I say it is decided in the trenches. could be a TD either way. Ironton has to decide whether they are gonna allow another league championship
picture to be taken on the field right after the game.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I actually believe this game could come down to a kicking game. Gallia has Andrew Toler, if you haven't payed attention, this kid is the real deal. Potentially having nasty field conditions, field position could really impact how things go. If Toler can pin Ironton deep in their own territory each possession, make them go a long ways in the mud, might see a few extra fumbles, slips, or dropped passes. Same goes the other way, I just don't know what Ironton has for a kicking game. But I have been impressed with Toler this season.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Fonzie wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:07 am I actually believe this game could come down to a kicking game. Gallia has Andrew Toler, if you haven't payed attention, this kid is the real deal. Potentially having nasty field conditions, field position could really impact how things go. If Toler can pin Ironton deep in their own territory each possession, make them go a long ways in the mud, might see a few extra fumbles, slips, or dropped passes. Same goes the other way, I just don't know what Ironton has for a kicking game. But I have been impressed with Toler this season.
Ironton picked up a kicker on waivers from Columbus. He’s pretty good from what I’ve heard.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

If the field is a mess kicking will not be easy. Especially if it is very muddy

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

laser breath wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:13 am
Fonzie wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:07 am I actually believe this game could come down to a kicking game. Gallia has Andrew Toler, if you haven't payed attention, this kid is the real deal. Potentially having nasty field conditions, field position could really impact how things go. If Toler can pin Ironton deep in their own territory each possession, make them go a long ways in the mud, might see a few extra fumbles, slips, or dropped passes. Same goes the other way, I just don't know what Ironton has for a kicking game. But I have been impressed with Toler this season.
Ironton picked up a kicker on waivers from Columbus. He’s pretty good from what I’ve heard.

I thought Burg got all those free agents?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

svac83 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:41 pm Here is my take and it really hasn’t changed much. Since the preview. What happened at the tank last year. Ironton loosing the big lead and the blue devils going ahead at end to win the game really fueled the tigers. I think they haven’t forgot what it feels like to have the league championship snatched from you and watching a team celebrate that on your field fuels a very big fire.

This makes ironton very dangerous and they are by far the best team our blue devils have faced. They are talented and well coached. Blue devils will have all they want.

But why I think the blue devils win this game has to do with the culture they have started to build and really establish. A famous coach can’t remember his name once said. You teach a group of guys to block and tackle and to love one another. I mean really care for them and not worry about who gets the credit and the headlines you can build something really special. And that is what the Blue devils have. I think that is the winning formula.

Now back to on the field. I think what makes the blue devils really good and I am not sure we know how good they are is really our adaptability. I think offensively and defensively we have the capability to match up and play many different styles.

I think that ability gives the blue devils the win here I don’t know by how much but maybe 10 points. I don’t think blue devils 10 point favorites I think maybe it is a pickem game then the blue devils get lead ironton presses a little bit and the blue devils open it up.
Good post. If this game comes down to Player Vs Player or Coach Vs Coach or Tradition Vs Tradition

Then Ironton will win. Just as Ironton has largely done when facing Gallipolis for generations.

Gallipolis has a chance because they have a new culture. They have a brotherhood that believes in the man lined up beside them. A brotherhood that believes in the men on the sidelines leading them. And a brotherhood that believes that when they are backed by their community, they cannot lose.

Gallipolis will have a good game plan. More importantly, they have kids who TRUST and believe in the game plan. They will play like champions.

All of that still may not be enough. But its the talent and coaching - combined with the intangibles that give Gallipolis a chance.

Should be a fun one at Memorial Field.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ironton has a fine, consistent kicking game themselves. something that has surely lacked in years past.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

Ironton's kicker is the real deal.......take that to the bank, the kid can flata$$ kick (distance and accuracy).............I have been watching the Tigers since the early 50s and there is no one to compare him to..........

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:20 am it's evident that ironton has of late beaten some teams with very few wins. that's why with 3 losses burg passed us in our region. but we have 2 big point games left now against teams winning a lot of games. it'll all come out on the spin cycle. burg winning actually helped us, even though we slipped a spot.
Honestly, if the rest of the OVC doesn't get to the level of Gallia Academy and Ironton, winning conference games will not help either much. I think these two will eventually separate themselves from the other teams.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironton probably is a bit more battle tested going into this one even if the quality games were earlier in the season. Just looking at the scores it strikes me that Ironton is probably a bit more stout on the defensive side of the ball compared to gallia. This should be a really good game but I'm going to take the road team with the win and OVC crown, Ironton by 10.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I'm taking the Devils at home. They are inspired and will feed off of the electric atmosphere. The turnover bug will bite the Tigers on a wet, muddy night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the blue boys will have to play in the mud as well.
we'll see.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

How can the boys in blue stop 28? They can't Tigers OL is big strong and fast. Blowout in the French City. GO TIGERS

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Looks like Tigers have already played 3 teams better than Gallia and came out on top twice. I doubt Gallia has anything ironton hasn't already seen or faced. Only way i could see Tigers losing is by turning the ball over a lot.

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

I want to take gallia but I feel like ironton will pull through in this matchup of powerhouses. Ironton-17 Gallia-10

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

It is an extremely tough place to
play. one of ironton’s best ever teams barely survived on a goal line stand, up
there in 1982. 14-12.

it’s a tough atmosphere. The road team must play flawless and not have any turnovers. There will be calls go against you, but ya just need to continue to play fundamentally sound. In the Ashland game, Ironton allowed officiating to dictate the outcome of the game, by turning the ball over in the redzone.
here’s what i’m looking forward to:
I am wondering if Gallia can break their own record of finding a split the pot winner in under 30 seconds?
i’m wondering if the lights will stay on the entire game?
I’m wondering if they still have stevie evans sausage sammy’s in the concession stand?
i’m
wondering if they still have a visiting locker room where only 25 people fit?

should be a dandy game

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I actually feel that inclimate weather favors the fighting tigers. they have huge backs. don't throw the ball much. and speed gets neutralized on a muddy field and the ability to cut. i'll take my tigers and their bruising running game here. but I realize how good the blue devils are here too. they are at home, and undefeated. the bigger of the 2 districts. everything that can be hyped about this game is real. ironton has definitely played the harder of the 2 schedules. but that was during the early part of the season. the tigers have had little resistance the past few weeks. and better be ready to play smashmouth football Friday. because if the weather is bad, this ones goin to come down to who's tougher between the hash marks. and who can hang on to the ball. but I feel poor field conditions favor the tigers. I don't care if the french city fire department hoses down the field prior to gametime. I stil say that it is advantageous to the tigers. big games like this you have to have sound fundamentals blocking, tackling, and special teams and limit turnovers. definitely the game of the year in the ovc. I wish I could be at this one.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

If Armstrong is back, GA wins....if he isn't, GA still wins.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Really tired of the chatter from Ironton posters. Like Gallia Academy is just overflowing with so many more kids in their building. Like they have homer refs. I sincerely hope the Blue Devils straight up punch the Tigers and all of their whiny rude fans right in the mouth (metaphorically speaking). Yes the Devils have to play in the mud too, but they do it quite a bit. Speed is speed. The Blue Devils will run it up the seam north and south. They aren't just an around the edge cutback team. Tiger Bait, you take subtle jabs week after week and contribute nothing else to the conversation.

Anyway, I know the Tigers are obviously good, and I wish them a safe game with no injuries, but I sure hope every stinkin Ironton soul in that stadium leaves with a humongous bruised ego.

hereforthecomments
Riding the Bench

Post by hereforthecomments »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:40 am Really tired of the chatter from Ironton posters. Like Gallia Academy is just overflowing with so many more kids in their building. Like they have homer refs. I sincerely hope the Blue Devils straight up punch the Tigers and all of their whiny rude fans right in the mouth (metaphorically speaking). Yes the Devils have to play in the mud too, but they do it quite a bit. Speed is speed. The Blue Devils will run it up the seam north and south. They aren't just an around the edge cutback team. Tiger Bait, you take subtle jabs week after week and contribute nothing else to the conversation.

Anyway, I know the Tigers are obviously good, and I wish them a safe game with no injuries, but I sure hope every stinkin Ironton soul in that stadium leaves with a humongous bruised ego.
Somebody is mad :roll: Tiger Bait, keep doing what you’re doing. It’s people like this that take the fun of this stuff.

Return to “Football”