Alexander 41 - 44 Warren OT

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Re: WK9 Warren @ Alexander

Post by 96Champ »

rockcoach wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:14 am You can take this next statement however you like, but it is a reflection on Warrens schedule. Warren is 18th out of 25 teams in Region 11. Can you say "strength of schedule"!
Right now its rebuilding a program no matter where the wins come from. Warren is not worried about the playoffs right now getting the program rebuilt the right way is their goal.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

rockcoach wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:14 am You can take this next statement however you like, but it is a reflection on Warrens schedule. Warren is 18th out of 25 teams in Region 11. Can you say "strength of schedule"!
Athens went 9-1 in 2009 and stayed home.

They were rebuilding their program and look where it got them.

Warren is making amazing progress. I think they last had a winning record, ironically, in 2009 also going 7-3.

New coach is making a difference. Having a Taylor at quarterback helps too.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:47 pm I know Warren has never been to the playoffs. But if you beat a team, you get points towards the playoffs. If you beat a team with a lot of wins, you get big points game.
You talked SOOOOO much trash about Warren.

Imagine if the Bulldogs had beaten a 4-5-6 win Warren team instead of losing to Waverly.

The Bulldogs might be sniffing playoffs right now.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

enigmaax wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:28 am
With a realistic shot at going 7-3, I’ll point out that you’d have to go back to 2013 to find seven wins, TOTAL. In the previous 6 seasons, Warren went 8-52 and only 5 of those losses were by a TD or less. Almost 40 losses were by 20+ and the average loss was about 30 points. In one whole season, Warren scored 34 points. This year’s senior class has seen two 20-game losing streaks end in their careers (2-41 from the beginning to end of both).

Next year, we get to deal with Logan, Dover, and New Philadelphia. This year, kids are having fun and putting in time for football again. So take this however you want, literally no one cares about strength of schedule.
I agree!! You have to win ballgames to get kids out. These kids have to feel they can win or they have already lost. I also dont care about strength of schedule. we aren't saying Warren should be in the playoffs. All I know is that they are playing better now than they have at the start of the season. Guess what, they are having a great time and they feel they can win every game on their schedule.
So as far as schedule strength is concerned, the only one who cares about that is YOU!!
Give these boys credit, they at least deserve a little respect!!
Go Blue!!

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

Warrior92 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:39 pm
With a realistic shot at going 7-3, I’ll point out that you’d have to go back to 2013 to find seven wins, TOTAL. In the previous 6 seasons, Warren went 8-52 and only 5 of those losses were by a TD or less. Almost 40 losses were by 20+ and the average loss was about 30 points. In one whole season, Warren scored 34 points. This year’s senior class has seen two 20-game losing streaks end in their careers (2-41 from the beginning to end of both).

Next year, we get to deal with Logan, Dover, and New Philadelphia. This year, kids are having fun and putting in time for football again. So take this however you want, literally no one cares about strength of schedule.
I agree!! You have to win ballgames to get kids out. These kids have to feel they can win or they have already lost. I also dont care about strength of schedule. we aren't saying Warren should be in the playoffs. All I know is that they are playing better now than they have at the start of the season. Guess what, they are having a great time and they feel they can win every game on their schedule.
So as far as schedule strength is concerned, the only one who cares about that is YOU!!
Go Blue!!
Side note: Last winning season was 2009. 7-3
last 500 season was 2011 or 2012

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Warrior92 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:41 pm
Warrior92 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Go Blue!!
Side note: Last winning season was 2009. 7-3
last 500 season was 2011 or 2012
Last .500 season was 2011. We were 4-6 in 2012.

LonelyWinner
Riding the Bench

Post by LonelyWinner »

So is the overall consensus Alexander got better but Warren got a lot better as well? And this game should be favored pretty far in warrens favor? Warrens new 5 man front is pretty stout, led by welch, warner, keith, murdock, and petty. They all fly to the ball and seem to be to much for opposing o lines.

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

LonelyWinner wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:26 pm So is the overall consensus Alexander got better but Warren got a lot better as well? And this game should be favored pretty far in warrens favor? Warrens new 5 man front is pretty stout, led by welch, warner, keith, murdock, and petty. They all fly to the ball and seem to be to much for opposing o lines.
Haven't seen alex play this year but from what I have heard seems to me that they are improved. Im expecting a good game.

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Expecting a battle. Alexander from what ive heard has a solid defense, but their offense is fairly one dimensional, as is warrens offense sometimes. Comes down to who can stop each others strengths. Still rooting for the ole big bad blue.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Alexander has wins vs Bradford, Berne Union, South Point and River Valley. I think Warren wins by 21.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:59 am You talked SOOOOO much trash about Warren.

Imagine if the Bulldogs had beaten a 4-5-6 win Warren team instead of losing to Waverly.

Can you imagine how mad Logan people will be when Warren makes the playoffs and Logan is still sitting at home week 11. Be a great day

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:38 pm
loganlocos wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:59 am You talked SOOOOO much trash about Warren.

Can you imagine how mad Logan people will be when Warren makes the playoffs and Logan is still sitting at home week 11. Be a great day
I’ll be happy for Warren. A loyal SEOAL team.

Those kids deserve a trip to the playoffs some day. Plus, they’ve taken good care of a great Chieftain - Blaine Maddox.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Does anyone know if this game will be broacast??

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

WWBBB wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:18 pm Does anyone know if this game will be broacast??
Not sure, I’ll do drive by drive updates.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

Ok thanks

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye wants Warren back on the schedule

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:11 pm Fort Frye wants Warren back on the schedule
Only Fort Frye cares about that game

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Alexander snaps ball over punter's head on first series. Safety, Warren.

Warren 2 Alexander 0
10:27 1st

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Taylor hits Gandee for 35 on a big 3rd & 20-something after a holding penalty to put it on the Alex 27.

Warriors end up going for it on 4th down and dropping a pass. Alex ball on their own 22.

theNixer
Waterboy

Post by theNixer »

Starting off well for Warren.

Return to “Football”