October 11, 2019 Warren 27 - 33 Williamstown (WV)

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Re: Warren vs Williamstown

Post by Warrior92 »

Better than Cambridge?

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

Williamstown that is.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

http://www.mariettatimes.com/sports/201 ... se-friday/

Good write up by the Marietta Times

jacket fever 69
Waterboy

Post by jacket fever 69 »

SouthernComfort wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:42 am Between the comparative sizes of the schools and the clear coaching advantage of having Kimes & Lindamood, I’m not sure how little Williamstown and Coach Smith hope to compete.
Common opponent (Marietta) suggests that maybe Williamstown can keep it close though.
Clearly you don't know Terry Smith, and you have done zero research. Williamstown beat Marietta by 30 and Marietta beat Warren by 30, do the math buddy.
Clear advantage Williamstown!!!

jacket fever 69
Waterboy

Re: October 11, 2019 Warren - Williamstown (WV)

beg003 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:47 am Warren held Barnesville to -3 rushing yards, who is a team that relies on the run. If the defense plays like they did Friday, I like our chances. If Taylor can get time to throw, we can hurt them passing big time I think.
Yea and Williamstown held Magnolia to -13 total yards. Who's Barnesville???????

jacket fever 69
Waterboy

gle300 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:47 am Warren is looking dangerous this year. Williamstown lost their two of their best players from last years state finals team, and Warren was down 7-0 at halftime in last years game. Im taking warren 34-21
Williamstown is looking dangerous holding teams to an average of 10 points. Best player last year all-state linebacker Eric Brown, D-1 prospect has returned this season, sorry bub facts are wrong.

jacket fever 69
Waterboy

bigreds88 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:40 am This should be a great game warren has greatly improved from last year and williamstown has stayed about same. Im taking warren in this one.
Indeed they have improved but obviously not enough (Marietta)? Williamstown has also improved as they have held the last 5 games they've allowed only 17 points.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

jacket fever 69 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:45 am
SouthernComfort wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:42 am Between the comparative sizes of the schools and the clear coaching advantage of having Kimes & Lindamood, I’m not sure how little Williamstown and Coach Smith hope to compete.
Common opponent (Marietta) suggests that maybe Williamstown can keep it close though.
Clearly you don't know Terry Smith, and you have done zero research. Williamstown beat Marietta by 30 and Marietta beat Warren by 30, do the math buddy.
Knowing the scores of the games vs Marietta, I would guess that SouthernComfort was being sarcastic.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Math doesn’t work that way and neither of those things happened anyway. I’m pretty sure the post you quoted there was sarcasm; sounds like someone has a personal issue with a couple Warren coaches.

Warren has improved, even since Marietta game. I’m positive nobody thinks Warren can just step on the field earn a win. Williamstown is obviously the better program at this point and certainly a big favorite.

It is a huge test for Warren and the best thing about this game is that Warren is looking forward to it. It is a measuring stick game of sorts to see how far they’ve come. It is a challenge that the players embrace.

There was a time not long ago that nobody would’ve cared because the expectation would have been a 60-point beatdown. Even if that happens, it won’t be because of apathy or lack of energy. It is nice to see/hear some faith in the kids and some confidence coming back and it is hard for anyone to understand why that change is so good (win or lose) unless you’ve been to the depths that some of the Warren football kids have.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

Who’s Williamstowns big wins? Marietta? Buffalo? St Mary’s?

Hmm

Time will tell my friend.

Go Blue!!

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

Oh I forgot williamstown they beat magnolia and Ravenswood.

I’m not saying Warren will win or they will lose, I’m saying it will be a good game and should be fun to watch. Williamstown just better not come in too confident.
This game means more to the boys in blue because they have to prove almost everyone wrong who says they don’t have a chance!!
Williamstown is a good fundamental team. I’m not sure they have played a good passing team like Warren. The one team they did play that could pass, they got beat pretty bad. Is Warren the same as central? No,they just have a passing game that’s similar.
Go Blue

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:36 am
Math doesn’t work that way and neither of those things happened anyway. I’m pretty sure the post you quoted there was sarcasm; sounds like someone has a personal issue with a couple Warren coaches.

Warren has improved, even since Marietta game. I’m positive nobody thinks Warren can just step on the field earn a win. Williamstown is obviously the better program at this point and certainly a big favorite.

It is a huge test for Warren and the best thing about this game is that Warren is looking forward to it. It is a measuring stick game of sorts to see how far they’ve come. It is a challenge that the players embrace.

There was a time not long ago that nobody would’ve cared because the expectation would have been a 60-point beatdown. Even if that happens, it won’t be because of apathy or lack of energy. It is nice to see/hear some faith in the kids and some confidence coming back and it is hard for anyone to understand why that change is so good (win or lose) unless you’ve been to the depths that some of the Warren football kids have.
Well said..just takes some W's and some kids willing to right the ship. I'm w/ Warrior92 this week, Go Blue!

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

This should be a good test for the new defensive look i have been hearing about that the Warriors are using now. Hope the community will come and represent all of our students on the field tonight for the game and the Homecoming proceedings. LETS GO BIG BAD BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Williamstown by 21. IMO

LonelyWinner
Riding the Bench

Post by LonelyWinner »

Very casual comment. Butthurt WTown guy here. Warren is not the same team they were 4 weeks ago.

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

jacket fever 69 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:48 am
beg003 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:47 am Warren held Barnesville to -3 rushing yards, who is a team that relies on the run. If the defense plays like they did Friday, I like our chances. If Taylor can get time to throw, we can hurt them passing big time I think.
Yes and Magnolia has about 13 kids on their team too.

LonelyWinner
Riding the Bench

Post by LonelyWinner »

jacket fever 69 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:48 am
Also maybe you should do your research. Barnesville would beat Magnolia by 30.

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

enigmaax wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:36 am
Math doesn’t work that way and neither of those things happened anyway. I’m pretty sure the post you quoted there was sarcasm; sounds like someone has a personal issue with a couple Warren coaches

Well said my friend. Thank you

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Williamstown scores on End possession. Warren's Evan Handy returned kickoff 85 yds for TD. 7-7, 3 minutes to go in 1st qtr.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

2nd possession, and Evan Gandy.

Return to “Football”