Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:04 am
tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 am Burg loses to Jackson everybodys quiet. They beat Minford now they want Ironton again and we have to hear about how great they are. Ironton will beat Burg again this is a great year for Ironton. That defense is for real
I'm pretty sure that everyone has acknowledged that Burg just flat out got whooped by Jackson, and I'm looking back on the post and not seeing anything about Burg wanting Ironton again. If they want Ironton again it's simply because they would've made the playoffs. Some of you ironton fans are way to sensitive, I mean honestly this topic is Burg and Minford yet somehow you've come on here talking about Ironton. People complain about Burg fans doing that but seriously Ironton finally has something to brag about and they want to interject into any burg discussion. :roll:
Irontons defense is pretty good. Why wouldn’t it be? D1 starter, a couple of add ins and you’ve built yourself into something.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:11 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 pm ^^^doesn't really matter this season, Burg beat Minford in OT to go to 1-0 in SOC play
Yep, burg beat mumford....again

And this is why people hate burg fans..yeah you won good job how about do it without being disrespectful. It’s guys like you that give some of these other burg fans who have been great a bad rep. Just isn’t called for.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

tigerfan98 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 am Burg loses to Jackson everybodys quiet. They beat Minford now they want Ironton again and we have to hear about how great they are. Ironton will beat Burg again this is a great year for Ironton. That defense is for real
A lot of Burg fans were on here talking after the loss to Jackson, quiet? :roll: Another thing, the so called "Burg recruits" have been in the system for years...ironton, half your team wasn't even playing for Ironton last year! :lol: now there's talk on here that you've already picked up another one from Huntington! Now the question is...will ironton have any "hometown" kids in 2 years! :shock: Hopefully, we may get a chance to see a Burg/ironton rematch in the playoffs with hopefully a neutral field and crew.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:39 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:04 pm ^^^doesn't really matter this season, Burg beat Minford in OT to go to 1-0 in SOC play

And this is why people hate burg fans..yeah you won good job how about do it without being disrespectful. It’s guys like you that give some of these other burg fans who have been great a bad rep. Just isn’t called for.
No offense but the i and the u are right beside each other on the keyboard

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:02 am

Packers80.
Time to grow up buddy, great game the other night by both teams. Don't take away the sportsmanship aspect, by making FOS remarks on here. I can understand it the week leading up to the game, but someone must have not taught you to leave it all on the field. You make the rest of your community look bad by saying thing like that days after the contest. I'm surprised some of the other more classy W'burg posters let him get away with these remarks.

And, I bet he wonders why most of the area cheers against W'burg even when they play teams from out of the area...

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:23 am

Packers80.
Time to grow up buddy, great game the other night by both teams. Don't take away the sportsmanship aspect, by making FOS remarks on here. I can understand it the week leading up to the game, but someone must have not taught you to leave it all on the field. You make the rest of your community look bad by saying thing like that days after the contest. I'm surprised some of the other more classy W'burg posters let him get away with these remarks.

And, I bet he wonders why most of the area cheers against W'burg even when they play teams from out of the area...
Every community have their share … However the reason most of the area cheers against W'burg is because they are tired of them winning year after year. What makes be proud to be a part of the Burg community is the respect and pride they have all together , I was talking to a few families that are from our surrounding area and went to school years ago, and then moved to the Burg when their kids were younger and they starting getting involved with the community and when they say I used to think Burg was dis respectful , stuck up, cocky , etc. they soon found out that that was not True at all and love it here for all of the other great reasons ..

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Sport Fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:34 am

Packers80.

Every community have their share … However the reason most of the area cheers against W'burg is because they are tired of them winning year after year. What makes be proud to be a part of the Burg community is the respect and pride they have all together , I was talking to a few families that are from our surrounding area and went to school years ago, and then moved to the Burg when their kids were younger and they starting getting involved with the community and when they say I used to think Burg was dis respectful , stuck up, cocky , etc. they soon found out that that was not True at all and love it here for all of the other great reasons ..
Hey look all of my Dad's family from there, and my brother has his family there now, so you cut out the BS. I have zero problem and have never had any problem with W'burg winning games. However, I do have a problem with people who act like classless white trash. #poor sportsmanship. You know the old saying, 1-bad apple, and that's why I'm surprised a more classer W'burg poster didn't step in to straighten this guy out.

#Actlikeyou'vebeentherebefore

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
will_eye_am74
Waterboy

Post by will_eye_am74 »

What a game
Last edited by will_eye_am74 on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:01 am
A lot of Burg fans were on here talking after the loss to Jackson, quiet? :roll: Another thing, the so called "Burg recruits" have been in the system for years...ironton, half your team wasn't even playing for Ironton last year! :lol: now there's talk on here that you've already picked up another one from Huntington! Now the question is...will ironton have any "hometown" kids in 2 years! :shock: Hopefully, we may get a chance to see a Burg/ironton rematch in the playoffs with hopefully a neutral field and crew.
Bobbbb, rumors going around that Ironton is falling apart with recruits 8-9 that started for other teams last year coming in and starting over hometown players for Ironton this year. Also too many recruits coming in this year with empty apartments and living with special people has somebody looking into it!!! Too many coaches from both sides of the river upset over text sent to players and most are on team starting. We may see punishment coming soon?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

14U wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:13 pm
Bobbbb, rumors going around that Ironton is falling apart with recruits 8-9 that started for other teams last year coming in and starting over hometown players for Ironton this year. Also too many recruits coming in this year with empty apartments and living with special people has somebody looking into it!!! Too many coaches from both sides of the river upset over text sent to players and most are on team starting. We may see punishment coming soon?
Rumor is there is 2 studs coming in next year. Ironton = Kentucky basketball

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:16 pm

Word going around Ironton has another football player already here from Huntington. Just in time after one got injured this past weekend

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

14U wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Word going around Ironton has another football player already here from Huntington. Just in time after one got injured this past weekend

Good looking players too. Reload I guess

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:41 am

Packers80.

Hey look all of my Dad's family from there, and my brother has his family there now, so you cut out the BS. I have zero problem and have never had any problem with W'burg winning games. However, I do have a problem with people who act like classless white trash. #poor sportsmanship. You know the old saying, 1-bad apple, and that's why I'm surprised a more classer W'burg poster didn't step in to straighten this guy out.

Again every community has the one bad apple period !!!! An I do mean every community , as a whole The Burg is the best I have every experience as a community ...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

14U wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:26 pm

How would the kid from Huntington be able to play this year, if it is true.

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

I was starting to wonder how long it would take before questions arose! :roll:

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Maybe ironton could change their name to IAPE....it worked for a while in Cincinnati!

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Or maybe TAPE...that sounds more cool, you think?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Sport Fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:22 pm

Again every community has the one bad apple period !!!! An I do mean every community , as a whole The Burg is the best I have every experience as a community ...
You know why gasoline costs a few pennies more in W'burg than the rest of the area? It's because it's sooo so much better b/c it's in the burg. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just razzin' ya, buddy. Good luck to ya!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I’ll take Jackson for community support , it’s incredible

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:55 pm

You know why gasoline costs a few pennies more in W'burg than the rest of the area? It's because it's sooo so much better b/c it's in the burg. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just razzin' ya, buddy. Good luck to ya!
That is the most rue statement you have ever made to this point :roll:

Return to “Football”