Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

vladimir
S

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by vladimir »

Otto wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:13 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 pm
vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 pm

All I can say is in the morning I have a 7am flight outta C-bus. I'm going straight to Vegas sports book and following this guy's NCAAA money lines.

How freakin' good is he?!?!?!?
He lost
I'm pretty sure that his site is analytics based and all the picks are done by computer. I will say that whatever system he designed or programmed is very good though.
Yeah man if he called it over 67%, I'd say he lost, but at 52% that's a toss up. He has to pick someone to win.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:19 pm
Otto wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:13 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 pm

He lost
I'm pretty sure that his site is analytics based and all the picks are done by computer. I will say that whatever system he designed or programmed is very good though.
Yeah man if he called it over 67%, I'd say he lost, but at 52% that's a toss up. He has to pick someone to win.
He picked Minford to win. He missed.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Great game. I have to give credit to minford defense. They played better than I expected. Not big but fast. Awesome game to watch

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I would have taken that bet though at 51%, he changed it before the game. So he's calling a toss up. He has to pick someone, and Minford heading into the endzone getting striped from behind on a 40+ yard run is something he can't predict. He was 1-yd away from being 100% right, I'll take his advice. That's still a great statistical program he's put together.
Last edited by vladimir on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Horsley going to QB changed this game and possibly the season. If he can get some accuracy, burgs team changes

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wow what a game. Recap coming soon

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:44 pm Geesh...was it just a straight up carry or was their some motion or anything deceptive?

Nice win Burg
Straight dive

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:34 pm Horsley going to QB changed this game and possibly the season. If he can get some accuracy, burgs team changes
Agreed! He is a veteran with a lot of on-field experience in big games.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Wow, sounded like a heck of a game just as most predicted. Burg walking away victorious and with valley all busted up their biggest game left will be Waverly. For Minford they've got to strap it up and get back after it as they still take on a tough Waverly team as well.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Let me say Minford is better than I gave them credit for. I expected a burg win by a few scores but this was a hard fought classic. Hopefully they meet again for a regional title. Finally got what I have been screaming for with horsley at qb and Matthews in the backfield and some slot. The best part of burgs offense is the online and those 2 seniors. You can sprinkle the young talent in but they have to run the ball and play field position. Which we have not done all year. Defense is solid. Now you can polish that offense you can go practice it. Work on misdirection work on carrying out fakes and work on throwing out of it when the defense doesn’t expect it. Hell you can even get yourself a little pattern and set something up to hit your big play. I bet burgs play caller has no idea how to play chess. Cause all year I have never seen them run anything with what I can see as thinking several plays ahead. Anyway. Great win by the pirates. Very tough loss for Minford but keep your heads up. Great team good luck to them the rest of the season. Could easily do it again in the playoffs
Last edited by victor creed on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 pm Wow, sounded like a heck of a game just as most predicted. Burg walking away victorious and with valley all busted up their biggest game left will be Waverly. For Minford they've got to strap it up and get back after it as they still take on a tough Waverly team as well.

They're disappointed, but they'll be alright. They knew they had their chances, and will learn from it. Maybe good for them in long run. Focus is now on the Westside. They know they have what it takes to see these guys again in the post-season.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

ballplayer1992 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:38 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:34 pm Horsley going to QB changed this game and possibly the season. If he can get some accuracy, burgs team changes
He’s banged up though. I say rest him and let sanderlin get the start against valley

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:53 pm
He’s banged up though. I say rest him and let sanderlin get the start against valley
They play oak hill and waverly

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Re: October 4, 2019 Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Wow! That was 2 teams giving every ounce of energy they had! Couldn’t be Prouder of our boys tonight!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Big points game for burg, big win. Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

I will say this Risner is a BALLER! Wow

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Matthews,baller, over 200 yards total offense, 2 td's, played defense and delivered a bone jarring tackle over the middle, ran down wiget and stripped him of the ball....all with one arm. #Swiss army knife

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

packers80 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:18 pm Matthews,baller, over 200 yards total offense, 2 td's, played defense and delivered a bone jarring tackle over the middle, ran down wiget and stripped him of the ball....all with one arm. #Swiss army knife
Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:53 pm
May not be a bad idea. Getting Sanderlin some reps against Oak Hill on the road could be beneficial for a young QB. If Sanderlin starts and things don't go as planned, Horsley can always come in like he did tonight. But, Masters is a good athlete and I think he has to be utilized on the field in some capacity.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great game by two great programs. I think Minford made the right choice to go for two but a suspect call. Burg was sending the house so a dump pass over the middle was probably open.

Someone mentioned EVL should have thrown more. He didn't have much time to do that. Burg's DE were lights out tonight. When he did drop back to pass they were all over him. Minford's tackles were literally grabbing the jerseys (some were called, some weren't) of the Burg defenders because they were around them before they could get out of there stances.

Those officials were some of the worst I've seen in awhile. Wasn't sure how to do overtime. Called everything the first three quarters and then nothing either way in the 4th.

Couple of side notes. I think it is time for the jugs to go or they at least need to hold a class on how they should be shaken. Had a lady behind me tonight that literally shook it right behind my ear. Never held it over her head all night. I asked a former Burg player if they can even really hear them on the field and he said no, not really.

Secondly, why isn't there a sheriff directing traffic on 335, letting people out of the road from the stadium. Two ways out and it still took 45 minutes to get out. Never want to hear anyone say anything about Burg's parking situation. Sheriff directs traffic at the top of the hill and at the bottom of the hill. Goes pretty smooth. Tonight was a cluster. Just my two cents worth.

Return to “Football”