Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:56 pm Wilmington gave up 57 points to the 17th rank team in a D3 region. Butler is 2-3
That's because Wilmington isn't that good and he hasn't figured out that of course they've got a big line it's a DIII school.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:57 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:44 pm

lol..That's CalPreps and means nothing. Wilmington's front lines were just as good as Ironton's and Jackson. Ironton had better backs hands down, but Wilmington had a tall athletic QB similar to Ironton's, and much better. receivers. If Wilmington and Jackson meet up, it will be better than you think. They will out until they face the almighty Clinton-Massie Falcons in week 10.
Miami Trace--3-2 with wins against teams that are a combined 1-14
WCH--3-2 with wins against teams that are a combined 1-14

Just stop, it's just getting sad now.
Miami trace defense gave up the same amount of points to Mt. Orab as Jackson did. Jackson has Washington CH in 2-weeks, so that will be a good common opponent to judge them by.
Good luck tomorrow . If Wilmington is a stout as you say you should have no problems tomorrow

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

lol..That's CalPreps and means nothing. Wilmington's front lines were just as good as Ironton's and Jackson. Ironton had better backs hands down, but Wilmington had a tall athletic QB similar to Ironton's, and much better. receivers. If Wilmington and Jackson meet up, it will be better than you think. They will out until they face the almighty Clinton-Massie Falcons in week 10.

Miami trace defense gave up the same amount of points to Mt. Orab as Jackson did. Jackson has Washington CH in 2-weeks, so that will be a good common opponent to judge them by.
MT-3-2 against opponents with a combined 1-14. SO that tells me all I need to know. Stick to Burg vs Mindord 1 common opponent Greenup County

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Wilmington better than Jackson or Ironton ???

Basketball — no doubt!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Going with Burg by 3 TDs in this one. I agree they’d be 5-0 with Minford schedule. Mathews will be the best player on the field , he’s an amazing player, and I think he scores multiple times tomorrow. Burg 35-14

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

If you want to compare scores, Miami trace defense gave up the same amount of points to Mt. Orab as Jackson did. Jackson has Washington CH in 2-weeks, so that will be a good common opponent to judge them by. Greenup had their chances to hang right with burg in the 1st-half but couldn't hold on to the ball in the redzone.
What game were you watching. It was 14-0 in the first two possessions. The interception by 10 greenup was on their own 45, and the fumble occurred outside of the thirty. So neither happened in the red zone.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:57 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:52 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Respectfully disagree on Wilmington’s defense being better than Jackson . Coming in to the Burg game Jackson had allowed 106 yards on 100 carries with no rushing touchdowns . Burg scored 1 rushing touchdown on Jackson but had to fight and claw to squeeze Mathews in . Jackson defense is very unnderated especially against the run. So not buying that Wilmington is that level . Sorry
Jackson and Wilmington have some common opponents coming up, so you'll get a better idea of them then. Have any of you seen them play first hand?
1 common opponent for BURG and MINFORD..GC. Minford came back to win it 45-27 and burg won it easily 38-7....just saying only common opponent right ;)
I don't think Minford had to come back, they were in command the whole game. I was at the Ashland game, so maybe very early on but I don't recall from the film Minford ever trailed GC.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:04 pm

If you want to compare scores, Miami trace defense gave up the same amount of points to Mt. Orab as Jackson did. Jackson has Washington CH in 2-weeks, so that will be a good common opponent to judge them by. Greenup had their chances to hang right with burg in the 1st-half but couldn't hold on to the ball in the redzone.
What game were you watching. It was 14-0 in the first two possessions. The interception by 10 greenup was on their own 45, and the fumble occurred outside of the thirty. So neither happened in the red zone.
Correct 14-0, and Greenup took the ball right down the field and scored making it 14-7. Was that GC's first possession? I know burg onside kicked after the opening score. Bottom line: Both teams won with ease (3-TDs or more), so I don't really give much weight to "A common opponent comparison."

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:11 pm
Correct 14-0, and Greenup took the ball right down the field and scored making it 14-7. Was that GC's first possession? I know burg onside kicked after the opening score. Bottom line: Both teams won with ease (3-TDs or more), so I don't really give much weight to "A common opponent comparison."
That’s not what you said. You said GC had their chance to hang right with the burg but couldn’t hold on to the ball in the red zone.
Come on man....

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LOL you don't give much weight to the common opponent, but you'll try and say Wilimington is just as good as ironton and Jackson even though they beat 2 teams that are 3-2 with a combined record of teams being 2-28, notice you haven't even addressed that. Because they beat this team by this much, who lost to this team by this much, who had a big guy on the line that was a cousin to a guy who ran a 4.4. COME ON MAN.

Going into the 4th it was Minford 31-27 that's a close game throughout.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Goose Minford never trailed so they didn't as you said, "have to come back to win."
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:17 pm
LOL you don't give much weight to the common opponent, but you'll try and say Wilimington is just as good as ironton and Jackson even though they beat 2 teams that are 3-2 with a combined record of teams being 2-28, notice you haven't even addressed that. Because they beat this team by this much, who lost to this team by this much, who had a big guy on the line that was a cousin to a guy who ran a 4.4. COME ON MAN.

That's b/c I've personally witnessed all those teams play, and think they're similar. Have you personally watched all of them, or viewed film on them? I think not.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Vladimir has proven one thing :

He will get the last word!!

Truly though it’s nice to see the passion back in this contest.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:24 pm

That's b/c I've personally witnessed all those teams play, and think they're similar. Have you personally watched all of them, or viewed film on them? I think not.
Which team?? Greenup yeah watched them against Minford, also watched MT in a scrimmage and I watched WCH and Adena on film, but you wouldn't know any of that. Fact is you've just got your Minford goggles on and that's cool no big deal but when you start going around a loop to try and prove that's there's more than there truly is you lose credibility. Facts are everyone goes by common opponent, once playoffs hit that's all anyone will matchup and in this case we have a common opponent. I hope Minford gets over the burg hump, I truly do because if they don't this year there's no telling when they'll get another shot. However, I'm not going to try and explain how Wilmington a team that hasn't beaten anyone of any significance in years is just as good as Jackson or ironton because you're wanting to try and get your point across about how big that win against Wilmington for Minford was. If Minford is that loaded they need to improve that schedule, I'm sure Jackson and Ironton both have open dates sometime in the future they can work out. Good luck to ya buddy

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Good luck to both. I’ve watched both of these teams grow up playing each other in everything, and both groups are great young men.
I’m hoping for an injury free game on both sides.
Burg 35
Minford 21

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:17 pm
That’s not what you said. You said GC had their chance to hang right with the burg but couldn’t hold on to the ball in the red zone.
Come on man....
The one I'm talking about is the pass that was completed to the Burg 14-yard line thrown from Burg's 25 at the beginning of the 2-quarter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Red Zone.
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:28 pm Vladimir has proven one thing :

He will get the last word!!

Truly though it’s nice to see the passion back in this contest.
Oh I think Muletown will be rocking and rolling tomorrow night. It's nice to see the SOC so wide open this year, makes every game crucial as you could easily see a tie atop the division this year. Should rephrase that wide open going into league play at least.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:37 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:20 pm Goose:

Minford has already beat one orange-and-black team that starts with a W. D3 Wilmington, who's O/D-lines are bigger and more athletic than Ironton or Jackson. You must not have seen that game, b/c you would have got a good idea about them. Wilmington has beat Miami Trace and Washington Court House rather easily, so they're just as good as Ironton or Jackson.

Reports I'm hearing outta Minford are that, the kids had a great week of practice, are focused but relaxed, and excited to have this opportunity. They were expected to be 3-2 at this point, not 5-0, so they're playing with house money. Very few expected them to be undefeated at this point. This group handles pressure a little differently than most, they're just going to go play their game and fun doing it.
LOL, that's hilarious. Ok let's break this down a bit and hopefully you can choose not to be so bias and open your mind. Minford beat DIII Wilmington a team they were supposed to beat. Excuse me if I'm not blown away at all by the fact Wilmington has beaten Miami Trace and WCH rather easily, considering those 2 teams are 3-2 and the wins came against opponents with a combined 2-28 record, yes you read that correctly. So to say that Wilmington is just as good as Ironton or Jackson you are crazy. If that's the case then you are saying that Minford, who beat the powerful wilimington team you speak of, is better than Ironton and Jackson. I mean since Minford beat Wilmington and you're claiming Wilmington is just as good as Ironton and Jackson. Once again the 2 wins Wilmington has that you are beating the drum on is MT and WCH who have 3 wins against teams a combined 2-28..... ;)
I heard Wilmington threw the ball 70% of the time!! If that’s true how can they be physical when they pass blocked?

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:33 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:17 pm
Come on man....
The one I'm talking about is the pass that was completed to the Burg 14-yard line thrown from Burg's 25 at the beginning of the 2-quarter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the Red Zone.
Just think if Greenup could catch the ball during Minford game and they were winning at half. 2nd half caught a case of the drops!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:33 pm
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Which team?? Greenup yeah watched them against Minford, also watched MT in a scrimmage and I watched WCH and Adena on film, but you wouldn't know any of that. Fact is you've just got your Minford goggles on and that's cool no big deal but when you start going around a loop to try and prove that's there's more than there truly is you lose credibility. Facts are everyone goes by common opponent, once playoffs hit that's all anyone will matchup and in this case we have a common opponent. I hope Minford gets over the burg hump, I truly do because if they don't this year there's no telling when they'll get another shot. However, I'm not going to try and explain how Wilmington a team that hasn't beaten anyone of any significance in years is just as good as Jackson or ironton because you're wanting to try and get your point across about how big that win against Wilmington for Minford was. If Minford is that loaded they need to improve that schedule, I'm sure Jackson and Ironton both have open dates sometime in the future they can work out. Good luck to ya buddy
Fair enough, but I think Wilmington is a better team than you're willing to give them credit. Maybe so that I'm sticking up for my team, but that's what fans do.

Return to “Football”