Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by wobycat »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:13 pm Has Burg not tackled well all season or just have trouble taking down Winters in Jackson game? He’s not an easy take down and way more elusive than he appears.

I really didn’t leave the game thinking Burg was a poor tackling team.
They just ain’t big. Bigger backs give them some trouble. Most of burgs problem is they can’t sustain offensive drives. Too much pressure on a defense that’s decent but not shut down.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:13 pm Has Burg not tackled well all season or just have trouble taking down Winters in Jackson game? He’s not an easy take down and way more elusive than he appears.

Winters is a load. They have struggled with bigger backs. Ie: fossom, Carrico the big back from Hartley.
Other than that, they tackled Ashland’s backs. There are a few kids that struggle with contact. And I think they’ve been relegated to the sidelines on D

And D has spent a lot of time on the field

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:33 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 am
vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 pm
I was very impressed with the 45-yr Fg as time was running out. That was some pressure and he nailed it, way-to go kid, and you may be kicking at the next level. He's a weapon, and, this game may come down to something like that.

I do have to say..... After seeing it in person and watching the Ashland game several times on film, what I was not impressed with was the screen pass that got called back for holding, total BS. The punt that the burg returner touched, and burg was give the ball only to score on the next play. The intentional grounding call that put Ashland deep in burg territory. Also, the pass interference that lead to the field goal was thrown 5-yrd outta bounds should not have been called. That kid would have had to been 15-feet tall to catch that. IMO, if the refs were not a factor, Ashland wins that game by 10-to-17-points. I know bad calls happen, but Come'on Man talk about some home cookin'!
I watched the “holding” play many times on the screen pass , I can’t find a hold anywhere.

That's b/c it was a phantom call, and never happened. That officiating crew must have been Burg football alumni.
Actually the officiating crew was from Ironton...it's the crew that Ironton uses for their home games. They were ASSIGNED to the Burg/Ashland game...nice try tho ;)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:32 pm

Winters is a load. They have struggled with bigger backs. Ie: fossom, Carrico the big back from Hartley.
Other than that, they tackled Ashland’s backs. There are a few kids that struggle with contact. And I think they’ve been relegated to the sidelines on D

And D has spent a lot of time on the field
As just a Fan who has been able to see the Ironmen and the Burg each play a couple games this year, I was at the game, and I don't know if 12-14 plays is enough plays to really give an opinion on, but from what I saw in those few plays, The Burg will not be the only team that for the next 3 1/2 years might have a little trouble getting that kid on the ground.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:58 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:07 am

I watched the “holding” play many times on the screen pass , I can’t find a hold anywhere.

That's b/c it was a phantom call, and never happened. That officiating crew must have been Burg football alumni.
Actually the officiating crew was from Ironton...it's the crew that Ironton uses for their home games. They were ASSIGNED to the Burg/Ashland game...nice try tho ;)
And who did Ironton play in week 4? Ashland. So if W'burg beats Ashland, Ironton automatically gets computer points no matter what happens the next week, b/c they've already beat Wheelersburg in week 1. The refs had an incentive to some Home cookin'

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

vladimir wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:42 pm

And who did Ironton play in week 4? Ashland. So if W'burg beats Ashland, Ironton automatically gets computer points no matter what happens the next week, b/c they've already beat Wheelersburg in week 1. The refs had an incentive to some Home cookin'

Vladimir, that’s enough man. If you want to discuss this further, do it somewhere else besides this topic. If you want to talk about the Burg/Minford game, then stay. You are seriously accusing referees of cheating high kids?!?! Moderators need to back me up on this. Enough is enough.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:18 pm

Vladimir, that’s enough man. If you want to discuss this further, do it somewhere else besides this topic. If you want to talk about the Burg/Minford game, then stay. You are seriously accusing referees of cheating high kids?!?! Moderators need to back me up on this. Enough is enough.
Go act all bad on someone else rather than single out someone. There have been MULTIPLE people going off topic on this thread. Not just one . I'm sure the mods can their job without you having to call in backup.

Hilarious.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Stay on topic.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 pm Image
Kinda already is don’t you think haha

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Nah, it would turn into a diaster if Burg was to lose. I think some off topic stuff is always going to happen

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Ok, then why is a Mod that's a W'burg football alumni asking me to breakdown the plays on hudl.com that are in question? He's responded 4 or 5-times to those posts; so if to stay on topic, then why is he feeding into it? Just b/c you don't like what I say, doesn't mean I don't have a right to say it, as long as I stay within the rules of the forum. So you go check yo'self homie!

After watch the Jackson film, I will say the Jackson 65-pass in the 3rd quarter that was called back was a good call, b/c #75 almost tore the jersey off the Pirate DT. The Ashland game there were some VERY questionable calls, and how this started was by me saying I wasn't impressed with that win by y'all. Sorry that's my opinion, and I'm allow to have it.

FYI, I did give major props to the burg kicker on nailing the 45-yd FG, but 522 Pirate disagreed with my assessment of the INT that was ran back by Ashland. We're allowed to agree to disagree on here, and that's the fun of the forum. This is entertainment, so if anyone is getting majorly offended other than by an ad hominem attack, then they don't need to be on here in the first place.

FYI, If you look at the original post, I state that burg has a weapon as a kicker and this game may very well be decided by him. He's proved to me he can handle the pressure. PEACE OUT !

Going with the Falcons:
Minford 34
W'burg 31

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:14 am

Ok, then why is a Mod that's a W'burg football alumni asking me to breakdown the plays on hudl.com that are in question? He's responded 4 or 5-times to those posts; so if to stay on topic, then why is he feeding into it? Just b/c you don't like what I say, doesn't mean I don't have a right to say it, as long as I stay within the rules of the forum. So you go check yo'self homie!

After watch the Jackson film, I will say the Jackson 65-pass in the 3rd quarter that was called back was a good call, b/c #75 almost tore the jersey off the Pirate DT. The Ashland game there were some VERY questionable calls, and how this started was by me saying I wasn't impressed with that win by y'all. Sorry that's my opinion, and I'm allow to have it.

FYI, I did give major props to the burg kicker on nailing the 45-yd FG, but 522 Pirate disagreed with my assessment of the INT that was ran back by Ashland. We're allowed to agree to disagree on here, and that's the fun of the forum. This is entertainment, so if anyone is getting majorly offended other than by an ad hominem attack, then they don't need to be on here in the first place.

FYI, If you look at the original post, I state that burg has a weapon as a kicker and this game may very well be decided by him. He's proved to me he can handle the pressure. PEACE OUT !

Going with the Falcons:
Minford 34
W'burg 31
Good call on spotting the hold on the Jackson play. Was def a hold . I still can’t find a hold on the Ashland touchdown pass , anywhere

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:19 am
vladimir wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:14 am

Going with the Falcons:
Minford 34
W'burg 31
Good call on spotting the hold on the Jackson play. Was def a hold . I still can’t find a hold on the Ashland touchdown pass , anywhere
It's been a minute since I watched that film but I thought it was the corner or pirate on play side that got held up during the throw. Idk. I'll have to watch again.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Yeah the officiating thing has been played......soooo played.

Burg by 21 this week. Burgs offense is dynamic, just needs to get going. Burgs defense won’t shutout Minford but will slow them down enough to put points in th end zone.

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

Minford Falcons for the win, they prove too tough for the burg this year

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

It is dynamic but unless Matthews is still hurt he needs more touches. I would line Horsely at FB and Matthews at TB in the I and pound it between the tackles with an occasional option around the end. Control the ball and keep Minford's offense on the sideline

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I believe Burg needs to throw a few more mid level passes. They tend to throw the spot pass/swing pass or the down field bomb. I’ve had the same thoughts for a couple of season now. Add some timing curls or short crossing patterns. Shorten up Masters’ reads to one or two then have him run. The kid is a gamer, let him create a few things. Build that momentum during games. Win or lose I will always be cheering for The Pirates. Looking forward to a good game tomorrow night. Let’s bring that victory home boys!!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:35 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm

Pretty conceited considering they dont have a winning record.

I think Burg has to play their best game of the year so far to win. And I have watched both. Actually I watched Burg play Ashland and walked away not impressed tbh. I think if thats how Burg plays, they get beat by a couple of scores.
Not impressed with a 45 yard field goal to tie it? Tough crowd.
I was very impressed with the 45-yr Fg as time was running out. That was some pressure and he nailed it, way-to go kid, and you may be kicking at the next level. He's a weapon, and, this game may come down to something like that.

I do have to say..... After seeing it in person and watching the Ashland game several times on film, what I was not impressed with was the screen pass that got called back for holding, total BS. The punt that the burg returner touched, and burg was give the ball only to score on the next play. The intentional grounding call that put Ashland deep in burg territory. Also, the pass interference that lead to the field goal was thrown 5-yrd outta bounds should not have been called. That kid would have had to been 15-feet tall to catch that. IMO, if the refs were not a factor, Ashland wins that game by 10-to-17-points. I know bad calls happen, but Come'on Man talk about some home cookin'!
You are a joke !!!! LOL you talk about one sided observations …. You nailed that , what about all the bad calls against the Burg.. If you have every played sports at all, you know that you do not make excuses EVER....

Return to “Football”