Wheelersburg 21 - 20 Minford

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Burg Bias wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:17 pm I honestly think it’s a bit premature to start shoveling dirt on the Pirates grave. That was a D3, playoff caliber, undefeated team The Burg was going against last week. This team still has speed all over the field and one of the best coaching staffs in SEO. Count them out at your peril. This is the first league game and they will be jacked up and ready to play on Friday.
Go Burg!
Nobody is shoveling dirt. Jackson is a d3 playoff caliber team, yes. But will likely get bounced in the first round.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:25 pm
Burg Bias wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:17 pm I honestly think it’s a bit premature to start shoveling dirt on the Pirates grave. That was a D3, playoff caliber, undefeated team The Burg was going against last week. This team still has speed all over the field and one of the best coaching staffs in SEO. Count them out at your peril. This is the first league game and they will be jacked up and ready to play on Friday.
Go Burg!
Nobody is shoveling dirt. Jackson is a d3 playoff caliber team, yes. But will likely get bounced in the first round.
Doubtful

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Poo, there are some tough team in that region. Just hope Jackson stays in top 4 and not bottom 4. Who do you think is beatable first Rd in ur region?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:21 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:15 pm Burgs defense isn’t that bad. They defend the pass very well imo but struggle with big physical backs. They were able to defend Ashland’s run because the backs weren’t big. Jackson’s and irontons backs are huge. We would get there but just weren’t physically able to get them down. Burgs two corners are very undersized but fast. Their outside linebackers aren’t much bigger. Burg will fare better tackling Minford. But Minford will be able to get yards on the ground.
You are correct about the corners and Pirates. I think Burg lacks in the LB area. Of course we are used to some real big hitters and tough backers the past 5 years or more. They did do well against Ashland but still gave up big chunk plays that kept the Ashland O on the field. That's what Burg has struggled with defensively. Getting off the field. And the Offense has struggled to sustain drives long enough to give them a break. The dline may be one of the best we've had in a while. We just don't have the linebackers to clean up. I'm not shoveling dirt on the Pirates grave. I'm just looking objectively on the current situation. Burg has issues that need fixed if they want to make the playoffs.
Your 5 weeks into the season if you haven’t tackled well all season I’m not sure all the sudden your going to start
Tackling is probably the hardest thing to fix/correct after the season starts.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

14U wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:54 pm Poo, there are some tough team in that region. Just hope Jackson stays in top 4 and not bottom 4. Who do you think is beatable first Rd in ur region?
Minus Hartley , all are beatable.
And we’ll give Hartley a better game than Wheelersburg

14U
S

Post by 14U »

You beat burg I’d hope so! Lol. Yep anybody is beatable any given night. I just don’t see anything being easy in that region.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

14U wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:36 pm You beat burg I’d hope so! Lol. Yep anybody is beatable any given night. I just don’t see anything being easy in that region.
No one said easy , it’s D3 whole different animal.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:51 pm
14U wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:36 pm You beat burg I’d hope so! Lol. Yep anybody is beatable any given night. I just don’t see anything being easy in that region.
That region is ridiculous this year. Jackson could be on the road at 10-0

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:17 pm
That region is ridiculous this year. Jackson could be on the road at 10-0
Agree , try and avoid Hartley and hope for the best

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Regardless if we win or get beat we will always be "the Burg" and will always be proud of and support our kids. Some take joy in beating us because we are "the Burg". It has always been that and will continue to be that way. Hey that's okay and our community will still travel well to support our kids. Most of us in the stands don't have any kids playing anymore as they have grown up and have kids now, but we still take pride in "our kids" on the field and support their efforts. Please don't take it the wrong way I know that other communities support their kids too. We are just very proud of our kids, we expect to win and take great pride in that. But losing is part of the game and we move on. So if you beat us just please be respectful. With that being said Go Burg 😊!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:24 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:21 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:15 pm Burgs defense isn’t that bad. They defend the pass very well imo but struggle with big physical backs. They were able to defend Ashland’s run because the backs weren’t big. Jackson’s and irontons backs are huge. We would get there but just weren’t physically able to get them down. Burgs two corners are very undersized but fast. Their outside linebackers aren’t much bigger. Burg will fare better tackling Minford. But Minford will be able to get yards on the ground.
You are correct about the corners and Pirates. I think Burg lacks in the LB area. Of course we are used to some real big hitters and tough backers the past 5 years or more. They did do well against Ashland but still gave up big chunk plays that kept the Ashland O on the field. That's what Burg has struggled with defensively. Getting off the field. And the Offense has struggled to sustain drives long enough to give them a break. The dline may be one of the best we've had in a while. We just don't have the linebackers to clean up. I'm not shoveling dirt on the Pirates grave. I'm just looking objectively on the current situation. Burg has issues that need fixed if they want to make the playoffs.
Your 5 weeks into the season if you haven’t tackled well all season I’m not sure all the sudden your going to start
I’m not sure as it’s a tackling problem as more as a size problem

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Burgball#1 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:45 pm Regardless if we win or get beat we will always be "the Burg" and will always be proud of and support our kids. Some take joy in beating us because we are "the Burg". It has always been that and will continue to be that way. Hey that's okay and our community will still travel well to support our kids. Most of us in the stands don't have any kids playing anymore as they have grown up and have kids now, but we still take pride in "our kids" on the field and support their efforts. Please don't take it the wrong way I know that other communities support their kids too. We are just very proud of our kids, we expect to win and take great pride in that. But losing is part of the game and we move on. So if you beat us just please be respectful. With that being said Go Burg 😊!!!
Well said burgball#1

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Thought this thread was supposed to be about Burg v/s Minford ? I don't get all the Jackson talk that game is over they won wow they have beat Burg 2 times in the last 8 years or 7 years whatever it is. Jackson has a good team this year. I hope they do great the rest of the year. But I think Burg bounces back this week and starts off conference play with a win and will receive some good computer points. So GO BURG! I will support Burg and be at every game cheering them on win or lose you gotta take the good with the bad. Burg will do just fine this week can't wait til friday!

Burg grad 85
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

It’s going to be a great night for football. They are calling for only a high of 75 on Friday.

Expect a better game than in recent years but have I faith The Pirates will find a way to win. Go Burg!!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I know that too well

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

14U wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:09 pm
I know that too well

Sorry to Hijack the thread , back to the game.

This game is on the shoulders of each teams seniors .

Minford has a chance to beat Wheelersburg, go to 6-0 and keep this great season rolling .

Burg can win this and set themselves up for a good shot at an SOC title setting the program up for more good runs.

Probably a gut check game for both senior classes.

Muletown will be rocking !

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Sport Fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:12 am Wow I thought Burg was playing Minford and not Ironton , who cares !!! How is Minford's overall record doing for the last few decades??
If you go back and read the context of what lead to that post, it's not the Minford, Jackson, nor the Ironton fans who ever predicted blowout-running clock scores, nor made the ridiculous proclamation that their program is historically "hands down" the very best in So. Ohio. Those titles belongs to the Clinton Massie Falcons(Past Decade), and historically Ironton.

Anyhow, as another poster said it sounds like 5th grade banter, and I should have known better. As someone once said, "It's no use to get into an argument with a fool, b/c from a far, ppl cannot tell which one is the fool."

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:58 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:12 am Wow I thought Burg was playing Minford and not Ironton , who cares !!! How is Minford's overall record doing for the last few decades??
If you go back and read the context of what lead to that post, it's not the Minford, Jackson, nor the Ironton fans who ever predicted blowout-running clock scores, nor made the ridiculous proclamation that their program is historically "hands down" the very best in So. Ohio. Those titles belongs to the Clinton Massie Falcons(Past Decade), and historically Ironton.

Anyhow, as another poster said it sounds like 5th grade banter, and I should have known better. As someone once said, "It's no use to get into an argument with a fool, b/c from a far, ppl cannot tell which one is the fool."

Like it has been said before. A lot of the fools predicting the running clocks, greatest team in SEO and some of the other nonsense are not true Burg fans. You all get caught up in there BS and play right into their hands.

Not sure Burg will put a running clock on anyone this year. They don't have the explosive offense they have had the last few years.

This game Friday will be another tough one just like the first 5 were. A lot on the line by way of the SOC, computer points and bragging rights from this game. Burg wins this game and then wins out, they will host a first round playoff game. If they lose they pretty much have to win out and will more than likely be on the road.

Minford's best shot in awhile is this Friday night. They are not going to just lay down and let Burg win. Burg is coming to their house and will have to earn this win. Tough task at hand for the Pirates. Hopefully they will come out with a little more fire in them and be ready to go 48 minutes hard.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Also, I don't put Clinton Massie in with SEO football, more with the Western teams around Cincy and Dayton, so IMO Burg and Ironton are the cream othe crop in SEO football over the years. Burg has been the more dominate team over the last decade but Ironton was the team to beat before that.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The team who can take care of the football and plays their best defensive game so far this year will win this one.

Return to “Football”