Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

Post by Poo Bear »

Wth1234 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:25 pm Jackson played a great game. They were ready and had their best boys In position.
Crazy since 2012 with these two teams playing not 1
Game has been close

Wth1234
Waterboy

Post by Wth1234 »

Lead by example. Coaches were flat. Sideline was flat. Seniors tried to get some momentum going, but came up short. Hopefully some changes will come along with some Wins

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Wth1234 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:40 pm Lead by example. Coaches were flat. Sideline was flat. Seniors tried to get some momentum going, but came up short. Hopefully some changes will come along with some Wins
Stop it. Jackson was better. On the O line, D line, and special teams. Coaches coach, kids play.

All of burg is behind them still. But this narrative gets no one anywhere. The kids have decide where this ship sails. They will figure it out. So stop please!
Last edited by Jack Sparrow on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

What does this loss do to wheelersburg playoff shot ? Is it still alive and well or in jeopardy now

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Tripaces wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:58 pm What does this loss do to wheelersburg playoff shot ? Is it still alive and well or in jeopardy now
If burg wins out 7-3 soc champs and a good chance to win week 11

Sets up next years team very well

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tripaces wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:58 pm What does this loss do to wheelersburg playoff shot ? Is it still alive and well or in jeopardy now
I think burg just needs to worry about getting better and getting ready for Minford. Last thing any coach, player or fan should be worrying about is playoffs. 1st goal of all coaches is to win a league championship everything else will play out.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

WHY IS EVERYONE OBSESTED WITH THE PLAYOFFS I DON'T WANT A BAD TEAM TO EVEN BE THERE. 5 AND 5 WHERE ARE THEY GOING?

GridIronFacts99
Waterboy

Post by GridIronFacts99 »

A fair question for the Wheelersburg fan base:

Which is it? No don't look away. Answer the question.

Prior to the beginning of the regular season the Wheelersburg fan base touted their:

1. Returning experience
2. Depth
3. Speed
4. Talent

Then, after the season began, we quickly discovered that Wheelersburg can barely compete in their own state. Shortly thereafter excuses were plentiful.

1. Injuries
2. Inexperience
3. Lack of depth
4. Tough schedule

Etc etc etc.

So, which is it? How are you deep at every position with superior team speed, but also winless in Ohio at the halfway mark of the season?
Attachments
Screenshot_20190930-104827_Gallery.jpg

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

GridIronFacts99 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am A fair question for the Wheelersburg fan base:

Prior to the beginning of the regular season the Wheelersburg fan base touted their:

1. Returning experience
2. Depth
3. Speed
4. Talent

Then, after the season began, we quickly discovered that Wheelersburg can barely compete in their own state. Shortly thereafter excuses were plentiful.

1. Injuries
2. Inexperience
3. Lack of depth
4. Tough schedule

Etc etc etc.

So, which is it? How are you deep at every position with superior team speed, but also winless in Ohio at the halfway mark of the season?
Welcome back XandO72 :roll:

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:21 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:13 pm Wow, was I wrong!!! Great job Ironmen!! I’m not going to take a thing from Burg...they are a tough out on any stage.
I’m predicting you guys to thrash Burg :twisted:
Wow, I hope so Ironman! They have definitely had our number for like....forever. I need to get over to see the Ironmen...I'll see them in week 11 (sorry, but I can go ahead and put the cart before the horse without a jinx lol) for sure. If we play like we played Friday, I think we can beat a lot of teams. But (and I give the Shermans credit) the team that played Unioto would lose 3 or 4 of our remaining games.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

GridIronFacts99 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:49 am A fair question for the Wheelersburg fan base:

1. Returning experience
2. Depth
3. Speed
4. Talent

1. Injuries
2. Inexperience
3. Lack of depth
4. Tough schedule

Etc etc etc.

It’s called playing up. Jackson and Hartley should beat burg. They are two divisions ahead of them. Ironton is a very good team this year. Losing to them isn’t embarrassing especially with a Ohio state recruit on their team and four new starting transfers. Burg has had injuries. Three of their injuries are seniors and they still aren’t 100%. Not to mention they started pre season with their starting QB out for the year. Let’s see how this plays out before theses posts are made.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:37 am

1. Returning experience
2. Depth
3. Speed
4. Talent

1. Injuries
2. Inexperience
3. Lack of depth
4. Tough schedule

Etc etc etc.

Good find. I took the bait. Imagine being consumed with one team like that. Very strange

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:41 am
Bobbbbbb wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:37 am

1. Returning experience
2. Depth
3. Speed
4. Talent

1. Injuries
2. Inexperience
3. Lack of depth
4. Tough schedule

Etc etc etc.

Good find. I took the bait. Imagine being consumed with one team like that. Very strange
Hope it’s just some kid. It would be very worrisome for an adult to be that infatuated with a highschool football team

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Could cause ulcers or high BP too! :shock:

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:39 am

1. Returning experience
2. Depth
3. Speed
4. Talent

1. Injuries
2. Inexperience
3. Lack of depth
4. Tough schedule

Etc etc etc.

It’s called playing up. Jackson and Hartley should beat burg. They are two divisions ahead of them. Ironton is a very good team this year. Losing to them isn’t embarrassing especially with a Ohio state recruit on their team and four new starting transfers. Burg has had injuries. Three of their injuries are seniors and they still aren’t 100%. Not to mention they started pre season with their starting QB out for the year. Let’s see how this plays out before theses posts are made.
Good points but quit pointing out transfers Wheelersburg has their fair share of them. But other wise very good points.

GridIronFacts99
Waterboy

Game day wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:55 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:39 am

1. Returning experience
2. Depth
3. Speed
4. Talent

1. Injuries
2. Inexperience
3. Lack of depth
4. Tough schedule

Etc etc etc.

Good points but quit pointing out transfers Wheelersburg has their fair share of them. But other wise very good points.
We are seeing it play out as we speak. Which is it? If I made a purchase based on this fan bases talking points in pre season I would have buyers remorse. I though Burg was the class of SEO football? Which is it?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burg is just getting out recruited by Ironton. Also the cheating scandal doesn’t help.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:45 pm Burg is just getting out recruited by Ironton. Also the cheating scandal doesn’t help.
What cheating scandal? The one that Madison made up because they were mad they had their azz handed to them two years in a row.

You clowns can never let that go because that is the best you can come up with anymore.

GridIronFacts99
Waterboy

I am just having trouble understanding HOW Wheelersburg is "five deep" at every position, has next level team speed, AND is the class of Southern Ohio football yet winless in Ohio at the halfway mark of the regular season, all at the same time?

So which is it? Did the burg fanbase create a bunch of hype based on past accomplishments or is this team underachievers?

GridIronFacts99
Waterboy

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:04 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:45 pm Burg is just getting out recruited by Ironton. Also the cheating scandal doesn’t help.
What cheating scandal? The one that Madison made up because they were mad they had their azz handed to them two years in a row.

You clowns can never let that go because that is the best you can come up with anymore.
"Made up" is intellectually dishonest. It was NEVER determined to be false allegations because it was never properly examined. At the most it can be said speculation involving Burgs staffs tactics being questionable is fair speculation.

Return to “Football”